It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by babuthegreat
reply to post by eyesdown

When i go to them ATM at my locale bank? The very first prompt that comes up is a language selection. English isn't even the first language to selct from.
You're right. There is a world outside of the U.S. and I and quite a large amount of the legal population here could give a sh*t less about it.

NOOOOO! THE HORROR!

The US has no official language. Get real. You're the one raping the constitution, bigot.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Great post.....you make a lot more sense than many U.S. Citizens. I don't know if that makes me happy or even sadder.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by patent98310
reply to post by Procession101

To sum up the thread: OP probably doesn't like Mexicans in America.

Exactly what I took from this whole ordeal. I'm sure the OP is the parent of one of those brainless hillbillies and was trying to defend the actions that he planted in his kids head. It's not racism for the OP, it's just his way of life.

I've been pretty clear that I have only one child, and he is in college. So, no, I'm not one of "the parents". So, are all Hillbillies "brainless"? Who's the bigot again?

This isn't about "Mexicans in America". It's about Legal vs. Illegal. It's about the school telling kids they can't wear a shirt with a law enforcement agency on it, because someone *might* have a neurotic episode if they see it.

No matter how much you want to make "legal" or "illegal" a race issue, it's not. It's about rule of law. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Your end-analysis is off the deepend, and scary how much support you get from other ATS members whop have clearly accepted defeat in the political realm just to jut off to bitch at eachother like hyenas and lions.

You think that it's the illegal immigrants' faults that your government is full of fascist bureaucrats? No. They're just telling you it's the immigrants that are ruining the country, but it's them.

Who gave them the right to start charging you money for YOU working? There's your issue.

Who gives them the right to discriminate who does and doesn't receive foodstamps based on such unrealistic algorithms? Illegal Immigrants?

Most realistic point: who says that you have to be an illegal immigrant to get paid under the table?
edit on 5-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

If you actually read what the OP has said, his parents are LEGAL immigrants. Do a little reading first.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Partisanity

But if the border patrol did their jobs adequately, who would republicans have to bitch about? Oh, right... corporate legislation and handouts, central banking systems, foreign aid, logical insult of the "trickle-down" system...

I thought you were non partisan? Hmm for someone so non partisan you sure do complain abut conservatives and republicans a lot......

And since when do republicans complain about the Border Patrol? Its not the republicans complaining about them its the liberals............The republicans and or conservatives would LOVE more border patrol on the border........as well as material.......

I suggest you learn what youre talking about before spewing partisan politics..........

Aw how adorable! Here you are after being asked to provide your excerpt and you return pages later with no proof of your claims still. Do I have to ask a fifth time? Should I count backwards from three?

By the way, I vote republican every election season. I rail hardest against republican partisan nonsense because you people embarrass my choice constantly by "spewing" out nonsense like it's your lifeblood and adhering to whatever idiotic GOP trend they puke in front of you like it's your primary "patriotic" job to make sure that your brain is turned off whenever talking about politics. To top it off, any opposing opinion is automatically "liberal nonsense" and any sign of empathy that isn't toward Christians or soldiers is "bleeding hearts" and "rose glasses".

It's not that I hate the GOP, it's that I hate how consistently ridiculous and sheepish its followers are.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

if i'm reading this correctly, you mindlessly vote republican every election season, yet complain about the republican partisan nonsense because your choice embarasses you. And the cherry on top? that last line about how sheepish its the GOPs followers are. so in other words.....to put this bluntly.....you're admitting that you're a sheep. Congrats on that!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

if i'm reading this correctly, you mindlessly vote republican every election season, yet complain about the republican partisan nonsense because your choice embarasses you. And the cherry on top? that last line about how sheepish its the GOPs followers are. so in other words.....to put this bluntly.....you're admitting that you're a sheep. Congrats on that!

Ohhhh okay now this thread is about me. And no, it's not "mindlessly voting republican". You read wrong, go figure. Good thing T&C is here or you'd be "offended" by this point at the blatant truth. Thanks for trying to project thoughts into my head, though. Adorable attempt.

I'm glad to see nobody is refuting my points and instead attacking me and telling me why I vote and how I think. It's not uncommon among "certain people", let's just say that. It's an interesting way to admit utter defeat, and at least comical, so thanks for that. Keep starring each other for chirping ignorance. Enjoy your immature little tirades.

It truly breaks my heart to see a bunch of otherwise intelligent people bitching about how it's illegal immigrants' fault that there is income taxes and food stamps. No displaced finger-wagging there, right?

See ya later kids, one day maybe you'll understand what I'm saying and be able to talk about it like adults instead of defensively flailing and scraping at my eyes with your "PC nonsense". My sincerest apologies for coming up with valid arguments that you haven't been able to address at all. Maybe you should keep crying about being wrong and continue to give support to other people who are simply wrong so that you can at least feel good about beign wrong in a group environment.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

If its private, they have the right to curtail what they want.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

ok, how's this for refuting your points. it's not the fault of the illegal immigrants that income taxes and food stamps are there. the problem is that the system is abused by so many of these people that it's become inflated to the point where this whole "welfare system" is an utter joke. provide proof to me that illegal immigrants don't come here and recieve free government handouts. you can't. that's the problem. we support people that put nothing back into the system. i haven't seen one "valid arguement" from you yet. just personal attack after personal attack. your idea of a "valid arguement" is calling some thing retarded and immature.

maybe one day you'll understand that you're the only one not being an adult in this convo.
edit on 5-10-2011 by babuthegreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think there is something that is being overlooked here..

In all public schools as far as I know at the beginning of the year each student is issued a student handbook.

In this handbook they outline the policies of the school and the rules the students are required to follow. This includes drug policy, weapons, smoking in the parking lot etc. etc. One of the policies in the handbook undoubtedly outlines what students are and are not allowed to wear. This probably includes shirts that depict drug use, alcohol brands, cigarette brands, skirt length, midriff allowance, cleavage etc. etc.

I bet no where in that handbook is there a policy restricting kids from wearing shirts that support law enforcement agencies.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Until humanity opens arms to each other, regardless of invisible boundaries and falsified division, there will continue to be unnecessary violence and pseudo-appropriate hate for innocent people.

Illegal immigrants are only illegal because of laws created by greedy and fearful people who feel that other humans should just "help themselves". It's not so easy. You are all in this together floating around on a magnificent circle of life flying thousands of miles an hour through the majesty of the Universe. Such trivial concerns as these and pointed aggression to your brothers/sisters is so consciously immature and ignorant that I wonder if many will ever wake up.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

i haven't seen one "valid arguement" from you yet. just personal attack after personal attack. your idea of a "valid arguement" is calling some thing retarded and immature.

maybe one day you'll understand that you're the only one not being an adult in this convo.
edit on 5-10-2011 by babuthegreat because: (no reason given)

Actually I called your "argument" retarded, not you. You got offended by your "PC nonsense" it seems.

ok, how's this for refuting your points. it's not the fault of the illegal immigrants that income taxes and food stamps are there. the problem is that the system is abused by so many of these people that it's become inflated to the point where this whole "welfare system" is an utter joke. provide proof to me that illegal immigrants don't come here and recieve free government handouts. you can't. that's the problem. we support people that put nothing back into the system.

Again, you're blaming illegal immigrants for the system. Change the system and the problems don't exist, instead of bitching at illegal immigrants, because illegal immigrants are ALWAYS going to exist.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous.

The students have my full support.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

As messed up as this is, the fact that you're at all surprised shows a bit of ignorance on your part. The public school system has been acting like this for a long time. Why do you think so many kids want to blow them up? They may be a little crazy, or even have a few growing pains, but anything in a public school that isn't conformist, will be removed by certain staff members. It's just how they are.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
This is beyond ridiculous.

The students have my full support.

You should probably go stand directly beside them. Cross your fingers that you get hit by a rock so you can sue the school.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join