It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Would Canadians find "Border Patrol" t-shirts offensive?

Line 2

Has a polar end of the US political spectrum railed against illegal Canadian immigrants and labeled them with racial slurs?

If so, then yes, you would have a rock chucked at your head and endanger the people around you if you wore a shirt near a bunch of Canadians that insulted them. That's called reckless endangerment, and your "rights" end when you are committing such idiotic crimes for a little teen-ego.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think the principal was thinking less about the shirts and more about keeping a possible riot from happening and protecting those kids from their own lack of good sense. There have been a lot of riots at school events, especially sporting events in recent months, and maybe the prinicipal didn't want that headache. With the short fuses most kids have nowadays and the fact that a fair amount of them are armed, I think it was probably a good call on his part.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I would suggest these boys wear NYPD or NYFD shirts to school and or games and see if there is discrimination there.
Remember, these are the guys who dug on rubble piles to get their long deceased brothers remains, just out of honor and duty for the dead, nobody better speak a bad word of them right? (well unless they are beating journalists or macing girls.)
The way I see it, these boys whether racist or not are just wearing a Gumment organizations t-shirt and are proud of what that organization does.
I'm thinking freedom of speech or expression.
If what these boys do are illegal than I would say all forms of advertisement should be illegal, including logos.
God knows i hate McDonalds golden arches, the death M.
Sounds like someone needs to call the ACLU.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

You are right; much of the US has not rallied against the "illegal Canuck" infestation.
But then again comparing Canada to mexico is like ... well...
Comparing apples to ...well... a tree.!?
One produces and the other does not generally until you process it and plant a seed.
This is the difference between educated skill and uneducated labor.
If mexico is in such dire straits as to push their people north across the border, did any of them ever consider standing up and starting a revolution?
If they don't fight for theirs, they certainly won't fight for mine, I don't want them.
This is not a racist thing, it's logical.
If you do not agree with me, it won’t bother me as this is my opinion and you may have yours.
That's the wonderful thing about this country; we may legally have an opinion.
If someone is hurt by someone’s opinion, I suggest they move somewhere where their opinion is more in line with theirs.
But I'll tell you, not many places are to be chosen from.
We got it pretty good here compared to 99% of the choices out there.
Hope it helps

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reminds me of when my 2nd grade teacher scolded me for wearing a shirt with a dog that LOOKED like spuds mckenzie, even though it clearly wasnt, and even though i didnt even freaking dress myself anyway because i was only 7-8 years old,

but at least no one threw any poop at anyone else... thats a major breakthrough, believe me.
edit on 5-10-2011 by BohemianBrim

Had it been within reach poo would have been flung(;
Wutz4tom

-

edit on 5-10-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll toss out my thoughts.

Somebody needs to alert Anon about this!

I do know that most schools (at least the ones my kids attend which are public schools) do have a dress code of sorts in which certain things are banned. There are no if's, and's or but's about it. You wear it and your not coming with the rest of the school on whatever function it may be. You could even be denied access to the school, in which case that's an unexcused absence. The child has the ability to be fully compliant or not. As such the kid has their own fate in their hands to some degree.

I wonder if this has been challenged in court.

Would it fall under the same premise as why golf clubs can legally exclude woman or other protected classes?

-E2

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with folks that come into the USA LEGALLY just as our ancestors did - but I have a BIG problem with illegals. I will give them credit that they will work on jobs our lazy Americans won't.

JOE vs. JOSE
Interesting when you work the numbers.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".
Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and
makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security
Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal:
$25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00
per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or
$31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for
his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state
and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare.
Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year.
Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps
and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year.
Joe Legal now has 9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose
Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year.
Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance.
Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.
Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline,
and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family, and drink beer .

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.
Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while
Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch.
Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program.
Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it now?

If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens you are part of the problem!

We need to make changes ASAP!

It's way PAST time to take a stand for America and Americans!

What are you waiting for?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry , but I just had give my opinion on the matter. I love ATS , but lately I have seen a lot of racial threads or n general thread forced into a racism thread. I don't get why people are so super sensitive. I'm an Afrikaner (white Afrikaans speaking South African) and I am pro Afrikaner. I am openly racist if racism is putting my race before others. I put my family first, then friends and so on and so forth. We have come along way as a country and USA use to be the angel of the world. Now it is getting messed up by people thinking they deserve a piece of the pie based on their race. yeah right!! .

I wont go into the informal settlement wearing a AWB (its like the KKK) t-shirt. The black people living their will make me regret it.Will it happen to a black person wearing the same shirt, nope. They will have a laugh. I guess things are only offensive when the 'offending' person is from another race/religion/political party/sexual orientation etc as yourself.

To end, I think the people of USA should relax a bit and remember why you were the best. Hard work and believing in your country.
edit on 5-10-2011 by LiquidAsh because: typo

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mwc273

You must made the most sense of this ever. Thank you.

As for the shirts, how does the school know there isn't a band called Border Patrol?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

The implied point of my post is that only ILLEGALS would be offended...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
You know why? you American moron, because its not funny and offensive.

you ignoramus
(I won't bother with the s word or the f bomb there).

you guys are stupid most of the time.

you lune

that constitutes moronic behaviour

don't be hatin.
(bold emphasis mine)

I think perhaps your arguement/rant here would be a bit more believable if you took your own advice: "don't be hatin" Just saying....... If you can't be part of the solution, then try not to be part of the very problem you so obviously have an issue with.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Good research.....anyone see the south park episode where they are making fun of everyone being offended by different things on christmas...so eventually there is nothing left....its going to be the same with clothes....who cares what they are wearing or why...unless its gang colors (risking violence) or major profanity...whats it matter in a school?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

To the OP...assuming this is the whole story (I didn't read through 4 pages)...

I'd say the mom has a nice ACLU lawsuit on her hands... No way can they prove that such shirts violate any code of conduct rules, so the school is deep in it. There is nothing inherently racist about the words "Border Patrol". And even if there was (or it was taken that way), there is free speech in this country. I seriously doubt the student code of conduct even alludes to this (and therefore is unenforceable). The KKK can don their hoods and express their ignorance if they like...for example.

This is the difference between educated skill and uneducated labor.
If mexico is in such dire straits as to push their people north across the border, did any of them ever consider standing up and starting a revolution?

I wonder if people really realize what would happen to the US agriculture industry (and taxbase) if all illegals were deported tomorrow. Like paying $10 for a tomato? Like or not, illegal immigrant labor is now an integrated part of our economy. Without it, we'd see huge spikes in the industries supported by it.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I stated facts, you stated insults and opinions. So my previous statement stands. Have a nice day!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

But if the border patrol did their jobs adequately, who would republicans have to bitch about? Oh, right... corporate legislation and handouts, central banking systems, foreign aid, logical insult of the "trickle-down" system...

I thought you were non partisan? Hmm for someone so non partisan you sure do complain abut conservatives and republicans a lot......

And since when do republicans complain about the Border Patrol? Its not the republicans complaining about them its the liberals............The republicans and or conservatives would LOVE more border patrol on the border........as well as material.......

I suggest you learn what youre talking about before spewing partisan politics..........

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
When I was a kid, I lived in one of the lower class suburbs of Pittsburgh. To be the only white kid in class in a school setting like that is to know true discrimination and racial bullying. I am not racist. I am not prejudice. But i do feel that if you're going to live in this country, then you need to put this country above all others.
I refuse to use the terms African-American, Latino-American, Asian-American, or any other form of nationality-American when refrencing individuals who are legal U.S. citizens that have been born in this country. If you haven't immigrated here from another country, then you should consider yourself an AMERICAN and you should take pride in that.
It's people and communties that want to put their cultural heritages ahead of their citizenship of THIS country that have degraded American national pride to its current deplorable state.

That being said? If i were to wear a t-shirt that said DEA or ATF into an area like i grew up in, should I expect trouble? No. No one would care if they noticed at all. Wearing a Border Patrol shirt to a football game in a community that is largely of latin descent shouldn't be enough to start a fight, and if it does? Then the individuals who would come after the boys wearing those shirts should be held solely accountable. Just because you don't like what somones shirt says, that requires physical violence?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I can't believe that you don't see how that is offensive. It is making fun of someone, from what i see on the interenet the way americans talk about mexicans is that they treat them as second class citizens, lesser beings ect.Its disgusting and this is futher example of that american "supremist" attitude.You know there is a world outside of the US? By wearing that border patrol top they are taking the p**s, trying to belittle them.

Don't pretend they simply chose to wear that t-shirt that day without malicous intent behind it because you are fooling only yourself.

I'm glad they got suspended it will teach them a lesson in treating others with respect, reguardless of which peace of land you were born on.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm appalled by the intolerance of the Principal.

Did the students express any sort of racism? Was there any demeaning action towards students of different ethnic background? If the answer is "no" then the faculty hasn't a leg to stand on.

It's called Freedom of Expression. Look it up. You might learn something.

The fact is, our borders in the United States are an open invitation to anyone who would seek to harm our population. The Mexican Drug Cartels are a testament to that fact. It's not an opinion.

This incident was absolutely ridiculous. The Principal acted like a child. And it sounds like the teachers followed suit.

If I want to wear a "Jesus Porked Mary" t-shirt to church ... it's my God-given right to do so and NO ONE will tell me that I can't.

I'm offended by the fact that you're offended. So, can I make you stop being offended? Yeah, I didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This never happens if you home school your child. And I was wondering if any of the "Latino" kids have ever worn those " Mexico" T-shirts ? Did they get suspended? This principal needs some "Corporal Punishment" along with the teach that said she was "afraid" And last but not least. These kids sure as hell were not
supporting the Border Patrol. then again that schools faculty, certainly was not supporting their students.

Don't know about the rest of you, but this "political correct" bullshat has gotten way out of hand. Way out of hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join