It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by Procession101

Do you actually understand the function of the border patrol? Do you understand it keeps millions of dollars of drugs and guns out of this country and criminals? It keeps this country safe. Much like the FBI. Or sheriff’s department.
Go back to school. Learn a few things. Or else be quiet and let the grownups talk.

I thought this was a funny joke until I read "Go back to school. Learn a few things." But I guess its still funny after I finding out you're serious. I'll go a. and ask the obvious: citations please?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I know a few union construction workers that have a van with the letters ICE painted on the side.

They drive around construction sites where contractors are using illegals.

The contractors have called the cops a number of times and the cops never have stopped them . They have had cops tell them they like the joke when they run into cops at the coffee shop.
By the way the cops are union too.

I see nothing illegal about the kids wearing border patrol t-shirts and if the school had a problem with it it should have been spelled out plainly in the dress code,

Likely there was nothing in the dress code about unoffensive t-shirts.

I have been told i would not be allowed into a public event back in 1972 because i was wearing a Sat Cong t-shirt. they told me it would offend the hippies.

Went the next night with a groups of sailors in full navy dress uniform and i guess that did not offend the hippies or they saw they were out numbered.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
You can keep trying to insult me but it wont work, your ignorance is glaring.....

Funny, are you saying I'm insulting you? "Stop oppressing my freedom of speech!"

The hypocrisy is endless from the anti-PC crowd. Care for me to talk about pedophilia in a realistic light? Be anti-religion? Etc... Wooooops. Looks like your "team" is PC too! BUT AMERICA! FLAGS! FREEEDDOOMMM!

If this is what the principal was doing then he should have said so, instead he ignored the kid asking questions and told the cop he felt harassed and refused to answer the kid and then suspended him......

Says who? Nobody credible or remotely un-biased. The photo, however, shows me a spoiled brat bitching to his parents on his smartphone with his stank-face on. That tells me things.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Says who? Nobody credible. The picture, however, shows me a spoiled brat bitching to his parents on his smartphone with his stank-face on. That tells me things.
reply to post by Partisanity

LOL so the report of what happened is NOT credible, but you can just look at the kid and make a judgement?

How does that even begin to make sense? How does your "judgement of appearance" over ride what was reported?

The report on what happened is a clear violation in freedom of speech, try all you want to deny it, or make any excuses you want..........it doesnt change that fact........

edit on 5-10-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Says who? Nobody credible. The picture, however, shows me a spoiled brat bitching to his parents on his smartphone with his stank-face on. That tells me things.
reply to post by Partisanity

LOL so the report of what happened is NOT credible, but you can just look at the kid and make a judgement?

How does that even begin to make sense? How does your "judgement of appearance" over ride what was reported?

The report on what happened is a clear violation in freedom of speech, try all you want to deny it, or make any excuses you want..........it doesnt change that fact........

What facts? There are no facts. That's the only fact.

If you actually expect me to believe this kid controlled his temper and approached the principal and received no response, you're going to have to try a lot harder than that. Or do you expect everyone to believe everything that you willingly swallow?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
well then, its nice to see that youve conceded that your "opinion" that this kid is just a spoiled brat has no relevance on what actually happened......

This conversation is clearly over as you refuse to acknowledge anything that was reported, in favor of your own bias.......

Clear case of P C run amok...........youve provided no information to the contrary of why these kids should have been treated the way they were, so honetly, im not even sure where your argument lies...

Border Patrol shirts arent racist in the least, not any more than a FTA, or POLICE, or FBI shirt is........

The principal refused to answer , the police were there, and IM SURE filled out a report of some sort....

and the kid was suspended............clear violations of freedom of speech because the kid wore a Border Patrol shirt......

An agency charged with guarding our borders.........

That is all

p,.s it doesnt matter what you SPECULATE..........besides if this was the case im sure the police would have stepped in, did you even READ the article?

The principal REFUSED TO ANSWER HIM WHEN HE ASKED WHY.......if he had gotten out of hand then the reactions by the Principal and the police would have been different.........

I dont care what you BELIEVE, making speculation , and throwing out completely what was reported is absurd....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Of course those on the right have no problem with the insensitivities of wearing a border patrol t-shirt. But if it's a muslim community center in New York, that's just wrong. Ah the hypocrisy of the insanely ignorant racist Right.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

well then, its nice to see that youve conceded that your "opinion" that this kid is just a spoiled brat has no relevance on what actually happened......

This conversation is clearly over as you refuse to acknowledge anything that was reported, in favor of your own bias.......

Sure... except none of this was reported, the OP just said it, it came from NONE of the articles. Did you not even read the articles? Probably not, because you think the biggest injustice is these kids being frowned on for making idiots of themselves. Did this perhaps slip by? this is much more retarded in my opinion:

Jeffco students are not allowed to wear clothing that relates to drugs, sex, or alcohol

Clear case of P C run amok...........youve provided no information to the contrary of why these kids should have been treated the way they were, so honetly, im not even sure where your argument lies...

Right, you're admitting to ignorance to my argument, then continuing to argue blissful and condescendingly as if you're making any sense or refuting anything I'm really saying.

Border Patrol shirts arent racist in the least, not any more than a FTA, or POLICE, or FBI shirt is........

Who said they were racist? Not me. I said they were inflammatory, and you'd have to be a complete idiot to not acknowledge that plain fact, since you're chirping about how "PC insane" everyone is.

The principal refused to answer , the police were there, and IM SURE filled out a report of some sort....

Pics or it didn't happen.

and the kid was suspended............clear violations of freedom of speech because the kid wore a Border Patrol shirt......

He was suspended for "approaching the principal"... and you wonder why I thought he wasn't being a "civil little angel trying to harmlessly excercise freedom of speech" as you depict him.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I dont care what you BELIEVE, making speculation , and throwing out completely what was reported is absurd....

This is exactly what I'm saying about the OP blatantly making up circumstances. What don't you get? Oh right, anything that doesn't adhere to GOP propaganda. Let me just take everything in your wallet... you're too busy crying about bratty teenagers' "rights" to notice the real problems in this country.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I need to get me a border patrol shirt

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

This is exactly what I'm saying about the OP blatantly making up circumstances. What don't you get? Oh right, anything that doesn't adhere to GOP propaganda. Let me just take everything in your wallet... you're too busy crying about bratty teenagers' "rights" to notice the real problems in this country.

Wait a minute? The OP blatantly making up circumstances? READ THE ARTICLE , what dont YOU get? its not that hard to read the article......

GOP? what does that have to do with anything? I thought you werent part of the partisan rhetoric?

The Real problem in this country? the real problems in this country are numerous, including THIS ONE, where people are persecuted for their freedom of speech........

Its pretty simple really..........read the news article......the OPs opinion has NOTHING to do with the fact that this is more PC garbage

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This article?

Point the words to me or stop asking me to read the article. Seriously. You are coming off monumentally immature.

You and those ignorant fools who star your post won't find it there... and it's probably just because... for the FOURTH TIME... it's NOT THERE.

"OMG READ THE FREAKING ATRICLE!!!111!1!1!!"

Kids will be children.

Sadly I guess this is goodbye, there's no way "your type" will show up in a thread like this after being so clearly obnoxious and ignorant.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's so predictable that those on the Right would defend this. Border Patrol are notoriously racist. It's the nature of their work. They develop generalizations and hate based on race. I remember a time I was moving across country and at a stop between New Mexico and Arizona the border agent there asked if I had any "wet backs" in the truck. You want to stop the P.C. bullsh*t? Let's stop pretending border patrol agents aren't racist.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Lincoln East students suspended after 'green card' incident

Sixty percent of Omaha South's students are Latino -- and the green cards were an apparent reference to immigration status.

Let me just wave the constitution in your face and say that makes it ok to do these things.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The Real problem in this country? the real problems in this country are numerous, including THIS ONE, where people are persecuted for their freedom of speech........

A more realistic social issue would be people being consistently rude and separative to eachother for absolutely no reason and then pushing crap that never existed in the first place.... then of course disappearing when they are expected to own up to the ignorance that they are shamelessly, arbitrarily pushing. Sound familiar?

Its pretty simple really..........read the news article......the OPs opinion has NOTHING to do with the fact that this is more PC garbage

Here's an idea, QUOTE THE DAMN ARTICLE INSTEAD OF PRETENDING SUCH CONTENT EXISTS, GENIUS. What's not "simple" about that? Oh right, the part where you'd have to hack the database and write it in yourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Maybe the Border Patrol, should audit school record's and check for illegal studunt's, and employe's.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reminds me of when my 2nd grade teacher scolded me for wearing a shirt with a dog that LOOKED like spuds mckenzie, even though it clearly wasnt, and even though i didnt even freaking dress myself anyway because i was only 7-8 years old,

times dont change, just the distraction.

its like dangling keys in front of a nation of infants.

i really wish everyone would just grow the hell up.

Orwellian? i really dont think so. the human race is just very very very slow.

but at least no one threw any poop at anyone else... thats a major breakthrough, believe me.
edit on 5-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibegood2
Maybe the Border Patrol, should audit school record's and check for illegal studunt's, and employe's.

But if the border patrol did their jobs adequately, who would republicans have to bitch about?

Oh, right... corporate legislation and handouts, central banking systems, foreign aid, logical insult of the "trickle-down" system...

QUICK! Look over here! Seventeen year old with zero life experience has "rights raped"! Be occupied!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Would Canadians find "Border Patrol" t-shirts offensive?

Line 2

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join