It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Will Not Run for President: Reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Link

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has decided he will not run for president in 2012, according to media reports.

Christie plans to announce his decision at a 1 p.m. news conference in Trenton, the state capital. CNBC.com will carry it live.

Christie, 49, has said for months that he would not seek the Republican nomination to run against President Barack Obama next year, saying he is not ready.

This is to be expected, fat people tend to not like running.

I wonder who the establishment will try to throw into the race next though.... I keep hearing the name Al Simpson....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You said "I wonder who the establishment will try to throw into the race next though...." your words are true, those were my thoughts also. I am happy that Gov. Christie stuck to his decision and said no. He has been saying for months he doesn't want to. How pathetic the party was to beg and beg. Gov. Christie is not ready for a higher office nor does he have a solid success record to run on. He has only been in office a few years.

I have been ranting lately that the powers or whoever they are do not seem to want to listen to the people. They still don't get it. They still don't understand that the people do not want a hand chosen puppet. They don't understand that the people want someone who is not an a$$ kissing politician who will put party before people. My fear is that "they" going going to continue to try and ram some polished politician into office and the vote will be split 3 ways and we may end up with Obama again.

*Though I personally do not think his weight was an issue.
edit on 4-10-2011 by AuntB because: weight comment

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Christie: 'Now is Not My Time'

edit on 4-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
"It isn't a newsflash to me that I'm overweight"

funniest republican ever

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh c'mon, everyone is just holding out for Palin to grow a set and jump in the race, dontchaknow.

Then again she probably is making more than enough money being a right-wing cock tease.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
yeah alrightie

dude needs a press conference just to say he aint running

seriously stop wasting peoples time.

edit on 4-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Christie was never going to run, and he never had much of a chance compared to the others in the race. The media just decided to hype him up like any other "presidential challanger of the week". They hyped up Cain before, prior to that it was Perry, prior to that it was Bachmann, Palin was hyped prior to that... It's a media circus... and anybody who takes it seriously is setting themselves up for dissappointment.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Guy's probably got a closet that's ready to explode, that's why he won't run.

Or, he thinks he can just wait it out a lot longer, let the other candidates keep destroying themselves, then be every conservative's savior. I did hear about a possible Cain/Christie ticket, and maybe that's why it's not such a big deal to him right now.

I saw some lady asking him a question on TV at some Town Hall meeting and she sounded like she was asking Jesus himself to run. Ugh..:shk:

Four years of White House meals and that guy's gonna be pushing 6 bills.

Peace

edit on 4-10-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join