It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our Soul returns to a designated Star when we die

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"...the souls of humans are the stars and return to those stars when they die. Plato says that the demiurge made 'souls equal in number with the stars and distributed them, each soul to its several star...and he who should live well for his due span of time should journey back to the habitation of his consort star'..." (This is from Plato's Timaeus)

All elements (above helium) were synthesized in the cores of past stars that went supernova and exploded into space. This cosmic dust is later used to form other stars! The hydrogen in our bodies was made shortly after the Big Bang. There is evidence that the material that makes up the Sun and planets is "third generation"; in other words, it is material that has been inside two previous stars before our Sun formed. So therefore we all contain "Star Dust", just like Carl Sagan said.

Here is a quick description of the death of a star and how much star dust we actually have in us...

After a star has created enough iron, fusion ceases and the hot burning core begins to cool. Up until this point the hot core of the star erupting outwards and preventing gravity from collapsing the star. Now that the star has cooled, the core no longer expands and gravity quickly collapses the star. The star implodes with enough energy to immediately fuse some of the atoms into higher elements like Nickel, Krypton, Gold, Uranium,… etc. This quick and violent implosion releases an enormous amount of energy that explodes the star. This is what we call a supernova! Astrophysicists are still not exactly certain about the details of how a supernova explodes. Hopefully you can figure it out someday! The exploded remains from a supernova travel through out the universe only to someday clump together with other stardust and give birth to a new star. This is the life of our universe. Now that we have established that every element in the periodic table aside from hydrogen is essentially stardust, we have to determine how much of our body is made up of this stardust. If we know how many hydrogen atoms are in our body, then we can say that the rest is stardust. Our body is composed of roughly 7x1027 atoms. That is a lot of atoms! Try writing that number out on a piece of paper: 7 with 27 zeros behind it. We say roughly because if you pluck a hair or pick your nose there might be slightly less. Now it turns out that of those billion billion billion atoms, 4.2x1027 of them are hydrogen. Remember that hydrogen is bigbang dust and not stardust. This leaves 2.8x1027 atoms of stardust. Thus the amount of stardust atoms in our body is 40%. Since stardust atoms are the heavier elements, the percentage of star mass in our body is much more impressive. Most of the hydrogen in our body floats around in the form of water. The human body is about 60% water and hydrogen only accounts for 11% of that water mass. Even though water consists of two hydrogen atoms for every oxygen, hydrogen has much less mass. We can conclude that 93% of the mass in our body is stardust. Just think, long ago someone may have wished upon a star that you are made of.

Even the Ancient Egyptians believed that their deceased kings would return to the stars, where they would enjoy their afterlife. The stars were heavily incorporated into Ancient Egyptian ideologies and everyday life.

If a soul does truly exist and our physical bodies are just "vessels" for these souls to inhabit then it might just go back to a star once we die. Maybe we don't have the technology to detect a soul yet, or maybe it's outside the realm of scientific examination. We basically go back to the source from which we came, as you know we are all connected, as we all coexist in this universe. Call it the "So(u)l Theory" for now

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Where do the planets fit in?

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

The elements themselves, like carbon, oxygen, etc. were synthesized in the nuclear cores, deep in the interior of a star. These elements are then released at the end of a star's lifetime. It explodes and releases all the material which will later be incorporated into a new generation of stars, and also into planets that form around stars.

I guess you could say that planets are places for souls to feel these physical vibrations, as conscious living beings.
edit on 10/4/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

It is fun to speculate, but really we have no way of knowing until someone comes back and tells us what happens when we die. It's all about comfort, I mean all the religions, cults and beliefs seem to revolve around offering this comfort as a reward for living the life that they prescribe as "righteous".

My belief is in living a good life, finding pleasure in the happiness of others, content in knowing that whatever happens when I die I can at least say that I tried my best to be a good man.

edit on 4-10-2011 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It is so, so amazing to think about cosmos and then our own physical and subtle bodies with the concept of correspondence (as above, so below) in mind. What part of us is a star, what part is the sun, a black hole, a constellation, etc. So cool. I've had the feeling since a child that when we die our soul returns home through the cosmos and the "better" the life lived, the more enjoyable and pleasant the journey would be.

Thanks for the OP. The idea of us being our own constellations/galaxy/sun/star/etc is something I have been thinking about again recently.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Or maybe to where the hologram projection originates from?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I mean aren't they angels or governed by angels according to Plato?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ParAvion

I fully agree with you. We will probably never know. And it's most likely best not to know what happens after death. We come into this world with nothing and leave this world with nothing, so it's important to remember what you leave behind is what truly matters.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Problem. The Demiurge did not create souls. He was the architect of material realms, not the spiritual. In this, the Superior Mind, the Source was the Creator of all spiritual beings, and saw fit to place the two together through the act of breathing into the nostrils of Adam. However, it is a romantic concept, returning to the stars from which we came, and perhaps there is a grain of truth in all of this. There very well may be a dimensional flux within the burning heart of stars, and we meld with them, and come from them as the Source wills.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Even the Ancient Egyptians believed that their deceased kings would return to the stars, where they would enjoy their afterlife. The stars were heavily incorporated into Ancient Egyptian ideologies and everyday life.

Interesting... but people also believed once that stars were pinholes in the fabric of the sky.

IRM

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Heh, you sound exactly like my neighbor.

At any rate, i really dont see how that would be possible or even practical. I suppose at some point the sun will swallow the earth along with any fossilized remains, but thats not what you are suggesting.

There are a lot of obvious problems to this theory. Naming them all would take time. So lets go with obvious ones.

A. Stars are very hot and are known to fling things into space. Unless souls are somehow exempt to the laws of physics(if you believe in souls, think about how they would logically react, for instance: Gravity anchors us to earth, if souls weren't effected by it then they would be lost in space because there would be nothing holding them down while the earth speeds across the universe).

B. The question of why and how needs to be answered. Can they travel faster than light to reach these stars? What advantage does being a star offer?

C. There are many more stars than there have ever been humans(or ever will be for that matter). What are the left over stars for?

There are way more problems than these, but i am sure others will detail them.

link   
DP
edit on 4-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Student X
Where do the planets fit in?

2nd line.

Think of planets as baby stars in a protective shell. The energy gets released at the poles. As it grows the surface begins to change, they become Jupiters, then one day ignite and their moons becomes their planets.

I also think the color of our eyes have something to do with our parent stars. Fractals and all that being applied of course.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is frickin awesome to ponder over, even though we'll never know the answer until it's our time to go back to wherever our consciousness comes from

FLAG IT

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Well the Demiurge stands for "creator" or "artisan". The craftsman of the universe in a sense, is probably what Plato was trying to grasp.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

But stars die eventually.....That would suggest that our souls die with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am always moved to great emotion when I stare at the stars.
Awe, humility and joy are all mixed with a faint tinge of sadness.
Stars seem to me to be so lonely and distant from each other.
If our essence which has come from the stars returns to a star. Then instead of becoming one with the universe we become many, even more distant and hostile to each others existence. Even binary stars have to keep their distance from each other. On an elemental and molecular level when our sun eventually devours the earth we will all become cosmic again. On a spiritual level its anybody's guess, thats what makes it so interesting.
Thanks OP for the mind food.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParAvion

It is fun to speculate, but really we have no way of knowing until someone comes back and tells us what happens when we die. It's all about comfort, I mean all the religions, cults and beliefs seem to revolve around offering this comfort as a reward for living the life that they prescribe as "righteous".

My belief is in living a good life, finding pleasure in the happiness of others, content in knowing that whatever happens when I die I can at least say that I tried my best to be a good man.

edit on 4-10-2011 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

All of it is nothing but speculation. Sooner or later we all get a peek at it.
Personally I thought about trying to return but more and more lately I ask myself why should I even want to. Hopefully it is better on the other side that folks just do not want to return no matter what their belief system. So far it seems almost every "guidance/ counseling" I have gotten lately seems to be a hide agenda to push their religious beliefs on me. I just can not buy such a "loving" god who is so hateful to his people, leaving out politics for now.
But then the hardest thing I find about dieing slowly is the fear of the unknown.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My children are always asking me these 'What if,' questions.

And I say "What if ?".

The OP has a pretty big 'What if'. My kids would be proud.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Hah, maybe I am your neighbor, just playin'

But I'm having a difficult time trying to tie in souls with stars, because there is hardly any concrete information about souls and their properties, if there are any.

Answer to "C", maybe stars are not just for US humans, but also for other intelligent species in the universe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join