It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast in Somalia Kills at Least 70

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by DYepes

If one truly believes that terrorists are behind these bombings of such magnitude, one also believe the Western Intelligence agencies have absolutley no influennce in the affairs of powerless states.

Why? I dont see the logical connection.

Look into the warlords getting paid money by white Americans. That seems to happen a lot in places like Somalia. They made some other interesting points that are worth checking out too.

The connection is there if you look hard enough.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by mobiusmale

Groan all you want...groaning will not change the fact that my statement you quoted is not rhetoric. Do you know what rhetoric means? Judging by your use of the word, you may not know what it means. Go to dictionary.com refresh yourself:

I am not sure why this turned into an (attempt at an) English lesson...but okay...

According to Dictionary.com "(in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast."

I think that describes your "The same can be said about EVERY religion Mike." just about perfectly...and that it is the familiar refrain of all Islam apologists.

As for the rest of your post, I do not have an adopted faith.

Double-groan... I meant, and I thought it was obvious, for the purposes of the experiment, you could pick any faith you wanted to, to try to prove your point. But never mind, the challenge was made semi-tongue-in-cheek anyway. This is because no matter which religion you might try to use, you could not pick one which has been responsible for more death and destruction in the name of their Diety, over the last twenty years, than Islam.

I can guarantee that modern day deaths in the name of Christianity out number the deaths caused by Muslim Jihad.

That is quite a guarantee, given that there is no way it can be backed up by fact...at all...even in the slightest.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Groan all you want...groaning will not change the fact that my statement you quoted is not rhetoric. Do you know what rhetoric means? Judging by your use of the word, you may not know what it means. Go to dictionary.com refresh yourself:

I am not sure why this turned into an (attempt at an) English lesson...but okay...

According to Dictionary.com "(in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast."

I think that describes your "The same can be said about EVERY religion Mike." just about perfectly...and that it is the familiar refrain of all Islam apologists.

As for the rest of your post, I do not have an adopted faith.

Double-groan... I meant, and I thought it was obvious, for the purposes of the experiment, you could pick any faith you wanted to, to try to prove your point. But never mind, the challenge was made semi-tongue-in-cheek anyway. This is because no matter which religion you might try to use, you could not pick one which has been responsible for more death and destruction in the name of their Diety, over the last twenty years, than Islam.

I can guarantee that modern day deaths in the name of Christianity out number the deaths caused by Muslim Jihad.

That is quite a guarantee, given that there is no way it can be backed up by fact...at all...even in the slightest.

^ROFL

edit on 5-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

^ROFL

Well then...I stand corrected.

Nicely played.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What we are hearing about today, started about five years ago. Amazing how quickly people shuffle things to the back of there mind.

US Accused of Funding Somali Militants To Battle Islamic Coalition

Lets not forget what the ICU had done for the region before there systematic dissolution.
Islamic Courts Union Free Foreign Ship Hijacked By Somali Pirates

This group has expunged warlords, many allegedly funded by the US, from much of Somalia and established much order to the once Anarchic Muslim nation. Militant roadblocks which used to extort the citizens on a daily basis have been removed since they took power. Crimes have gone down as a result of swift justice. The sea and airports of Mogadishu have been opened this year for the first time in more than a decade. The group even initially sent out letters to many of the International organizations wishing to establish dialogue and diplomacy.

Strange how there was zero interest in that.

So how can anyone explain why the West ignored the positive role they had on the people and allow (pay) ethiopia to wage a war. Like Ethiopia just descides out of their own concern to go to war while Anarchy is subdued with their border neighbor.

Why have you not heard about this, could have something to do with the following:
Somalia Government Authorities Force Media Network Shut Down Through Terrorism
The citizens could not even keep an independant Media station becausew it was destroyed by the Western back Transitional Federal Government.

Even this morning, forces from the transitional federal government of Somalia still continue to assault our station with machineguns while a radio technician is trapped inside.

We are calling both local and international journalist advocacy groups to exert pressure on the government to let that technician be evacuated from the building. We are also calling the international in general and the contact group on Somalia in particular to pressure the government of Somalia guarantee and protect the freedom of expression in Somalia.

Somalia will never stand a chance. At the very moment five years ago when the State and citizens could have been nurtured and put on track for a productive future, their ambitions were struck down by the greedy powerful men in offices half an Earth apart, giving orders and money to keep the land in perpetual dissarray.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join