It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast in Somalia Kills at Least 70

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Blast in Somalia Kills at Least 70

online.wsj.com

MOGADISHU, Somalia—Islamist militants detonated a truck bomb Tuesday in front of the Ministry of Education in Mogadishu, killing at least 70 people, wounding dozens and shattering a relative calm that had prevailed in the Somali capital for weeks.

The bomb blew up after coming to a halt at a security checkpoint. It left blackened corpses on the debris-strewn street and set other vehicles alight. Uniformed soldiers were seen dragging the wounded away. Ali Muse, the chief of Mogadishu's ambulana
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This was large blast judging by the death toll and the amount of visible damage. This blast plays perfectly into NATO's agenda of strategically occupying Africa and the Middle East too. Somalia has been under the spotlight for a while due to the "Islamic Militants" who have been operating there. Since the Yemeni Al-CIA leader was killed last week we need a new bogey-man. Of course "Al-Qaeda" conveniently claims responsibility for this attack. I wonder if it's the same Al-Qaeda that NATO is working with in Libya. Definitely leaves me scratching my head in wonder.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here's the aftermath of the car bomb, pretty devastating blast, and most of those killed were young students.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Thank you for the video footage

It really is a shame. So sad whenever innocent bystanders get killed, especially in such numbers.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The peaceful Islamist's can't be responsible for this! They love everybody!
It must have been those pesky Rastafarians!!!

IRM

Edit to Add:

Sorry I was just practising my left wing apologist routine...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Increasing Islam always brings with it increasing violence and suffering.

Put down the Koran. Step away from the Koran.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
On the other hand, this could be a new community renovation project brought to you by your friendly neighborhood pirate association.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

The same can be said about EVERY religion Mike.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Religions are not identical, some are more extremist-friendly than others. Islam is among the worst, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Religions are not identical. But, they are identical in the way that ALL religions bring pain violence and suffering due to the extremists that every single one of them have.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on which religion may be the most harmful or possess the most extremism. Your opinion is that Islam has the most extremists. I have never met one Muslim extremist. I have met many Christian extremists though. I have also met atheists who were extreme in their beliefs.

I am not going to say that you fall in the following category, but many people who believe that Islam welcomes extremism came to that conclusion thanks to present day society including the mass media propaganda psy-op. Islam has just as many extremists as EVERY other religion. End of story.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Groan...this same old rhetoric.

Really? (EVERY religion) always brings with it increasing violence and suffering? This suggesting that all religions are responsible for about the same levels of violence in this day and age...

Tell you what...we'll run a little experiment to test this hypothesis. But we'll need volunteers...one person for each religion. You pick a religion, I'll pick Islam. Other people can pick other religions.

Let's go back, say, twenty years.

Each person list out every instance of "violence and suffering" done in the name of their adopted (for this experiment) religion.

I am thinking that the list for every other religion in the world will be way, way, way shorter than the list for Islam...by about a factor of a thousand in most cases.

Let me know if you are game...and if you really think your adopted faith can out-murder-and-mayhem Islam. I really don't want to get started on my list, unless really necessary, as I don't really have time to research and type out the thousands of atrocities that have been committed in the name of Islam over this time period...to go up against the teeny numbers that can be found for any of the other religions practiced in the world.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Maslo

I have also met atheists who were extreme in their beliefs.

They can't have been real atheists then. We don't have theistic beliefs.. It is not a belief system. Technically, beliefs do not require empirical evidences or proofs and thus constitute as some form of faith. As far as 'belief' and 'faith' are concerned, we have a lack thereof.

IRM

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Groan...this same old rhetoric.

Groan all you want...groaning will not change the fact that my statement you quoted is not rhetoric. Do you know what rhetoric means? Judging by your use of the word, you may not know what it means. Go to dictionary.com refresh yourself

As for the rest of your post, I do not have an adopted faith. If you wish, feel free to start a thread in the proper forum on which religion is the most violent compared to modern day numbers, and I will participate. Please keep in mind that Muslim Jihad is comparable to the modern day crusades disguised in the name of Christianity. I can guarantee that modern day deaths in the name of Christianity outnumber the deaths caused by Muslim Jihad. Please keep in mind that false flag operations blamed on Islam will fall under deaths by Christianity and or Kabbalah.

Are you game?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Islam has just as many extremists as EVERY other religion. End of story.

Here it is again. Religions are not equal, some have more extremists (both absolute and/or relative) than others. By recognizing this simple fact, your sentence is rendered invalid. It would be an impossible coincidence for two religions to have the same number of extremists, let alone EVERY other.

reply to post by InfaRedMan

They can't have been real atheists then. We don't have theistic beliefs.. It is not a belief system. Technically, beliefs do not require empirical evidences or proofs and thus constitute as some form of faith. As far as 'belief' and 'faith' are concerned, we have a lack thereof.

Maybe antitheists is a better word? Antitheist extremists do exist, too.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

They can't have been real atheists then.

Trust me, they were.

It is not a belief system.

Yes it is.Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. Therefore Atheists BELIEVE that there are no deities to worship. Believing that there are no deities would fall under a belief system.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Keep in mind that deaths caused by christians do not necessarily fall under deaths caused by christianity (or any other religion). Not unless the reason for the killing is religious, too. Thus false flags operations may not qualify, if they are done for political influence or power, not out of religious reasons.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You guys are too much!

I respond to one post that is somewhat off topic, and you guys try to turn this into a religious thread.

As I told the other member, if you want to discuss religion you can start your own thread about which ever aspect of religion you would like to debate. I am not here to single out or alienate any religion. I stand by my belief that they are each as guilty as another in their fundamental extremism. If you would like to debate these beliefs start your own thread on it, please. Thank you.

ETA: I will accept the blame for allowing this thread to stray off topic. I was not trying to insult or talk down to anyone.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Somalia is under Western attack, has been since 2006. Before the Al-Shabab, the ICU (Islamic Courts Union) brought stability to Somalia for approximatley six months. A bloody skirmish was fought in Mogadishu for a couple weeks, but virtually all other townships and villages in the country were peaceably brought under thier zone of influnce and in fact welcomed, except by the godless warlords, which were conviniently chased north. The warlords were found to have been paid 100,000$ american cash at the time by white foreigners to continue fighting, how odd was that?
There was peace in Mogadishu, warlords were kept in place, and the people began to have an institution to actually assist with social programs. They began massive cleanup efforts to rid the cities of debris, hell they even fought piracy. The ICU was led by moderate leaders at the time, wrote letters to the UN and US and EU asking for recognition and to have talks about the future of Somalia. Want to know what happend?

The Christian nation of Ethiopia, who happens to recieve United States military aid, launched an offensive against the ICU in December of 2006. With tanks and jets, they overpowered the ICU and destroyed the relative peace and calm that had not existed in more than fifteen years. The citizens of Somalia were not even allowed six months of peace before Western powers decided that their people shall not be allowed to choose their destiny and utilized their proxy puppets to destabalize the state once more.

In all this time of anarchy there were never suicide bombings on random civilian targets. The anarchists of Somalia have always preferred to shoot it out with guns and RPG's . However, once Western influence begann to interfere, suddenly there were suidice bombings. Where there was no Al-Qaeda, suddenly there was Al-Qaeda because the media said so.

Now we have the occasional reports of specials forces sightings (every other year or so) and UAV's bombing the land, and they going to retaliate by killing their own citizens with suicide bombs when there has never been a history of that?

Quite convinient that one of the only media outlets that existed in Mogadishu, Shabelle Media, which put out Radio Shabelle and Shabelle.net has had two of its directors assassinated after the foreign intervention began, one in 2007 and again in 2009. The website no longer works and was my only source for what was happening in Mogadishu the past few years.

If one truly believes that terrorists are behind these bombings of such magnitude, one also believe the Western Intelligence agencies have absolutley no influennce in the affairs of powerless states.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

If one truly believes that terrorists are behind these bombings of such magnitude, one also believe the Western Intelligence agencies have absolutley no influennce in the affairs of powerless states.

Why? I dont see the logical connection.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Thanks for the awesome post

I was not aware of all that you explained. I looked into it and it fits. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who reads between the lines.

I am going to research these points you made in more detail when I get the chance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join