It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania boy, 7, forced to live in basement and sleep in coffin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sirenofthedead

You're right. The greater the obstacles we have to overcome, the greater the reward can be. Here's to hoping he is able to continue to overcome such obstacles as he will undoubtedly encounter in his path.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by kalunom

I know this sounds bad but at least he has a home. I daily see single mothers with a couple of kids living in their cars, homeless and destitute.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

I cannot believe what I am reading......I just have to say that your way of thinking is seriously
W R O N G! I would also like to express my feelings with some other words...but....I would be breaking the T&C's...so I won't.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by kalunom

I know this sounds bad but at least he has a home. I daily see single mothers with a couple of kids living in their cars, homeless and destitute.

You would consider a place where such treatment is imposed upon a child a home? I have to disagree. People living in love and family (and even to some degree community) can endure nearly any poverty....

That was not a home. It was a prison.... for a child...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have reconsidered and see what you mean. Both bad situations for the kids.

Was happy to see you reconsidered.. but have to point out.. one is a bad situation.. while the other is horrific..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am slightly confused by this article. Are you seriously telling me that this had been going on for any length of time, but only just LATELY the neighbors heard crying? I call BS on that, there must be some lousy reporting going on here.

Its tragic that the little dude was in the situation, but theres something wrong with neighbors who take YEARS to hear a childs cry .

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Were the child locked in the basement I imagine much of the crying would have gone unnoticed by the neighbors.

Also the mention of him being duct-taped to a chair, perhaps his mouth was duct-taped too.

But, to your point, this article is a reflection of the boy's reporting to the police and what the police seen in the house. The parents are yet to be found...their side of the story will be an important one to hear.

It's real easy at this point to want to 'hang em high'...but you are right, we are not yet getting the full story.

But a child in a condemned home sleeping in a basement coffin full of bugs is bad enough. And that much, at least, seems confirmed by what neighbors and police found.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I'm not a violent person but when I hear stories of child abuse, and in this case a story of extreme child abuse, I want to start punching throats.

I hope this boy is taken somewhere where he can get the love and support all children need. I hope his parents get a long stint in a dungeon somewhere. I cannot stomach people harming the innocent and defenseless. It's something of a miracle that he was discovered and can hopefully move on and have a normal life.

I hope everyone who reads this story sends their positive mind-bullets his way.

Throat-punching is for the weak of heart... I'll drug 'em with the most '___' any human has ever taken and they can live bound and gagged in the cupboard space under my kitchen sink for a few months while I pay them special visits from time to time to make sure they take the grand tour of every negative dimension that exists. After I'm through, they will be such a broken fragment of a human being, they won't hurt another person ever again as that (not hurting another person ever again) will be the repeated theme of the carnival of nightmares I will visit upon the core of their very soul... In fact, I suspect that the lesson learned would echo down several lifetimes after this one...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by kalunom

I know this "sounds" bad, but I kinda wanna see you put in the same situation and then ask you what you like better, coffins and duct tape, or a car?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris

reply to post by kalunom

I know this "sounds" bad, but I kinda wanna see you put in the same situation and then ask you what you like better, coffins and duct tape, or a car?

I guess you didn't see the post where I reconsidered and recanted my first post. I see my errors!

But thanks for wishing misfortune on me. Be careful of your own Karma!
edit on 4-10-2011 by whaaa because: h4h code 3

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh my GOD, I can't even read through this whole story, this is disgusting. I can never wrap my head around how some mother's can do terrible things to their children. This absolutely breaks my heart.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join