It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania boy, 7, forced to live in basement and sleep in coffin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

www.nydailynews.com

A diaper-wearing 7-year-old boy was found in the bug-ridden basement of a condemned Pennsylvania home, where he told police he was forced to sleep in a coffin.

Cops are searching for the couple who live at the boy's address after he was found terrified and alone in the dark last week.

The boy claims he was locked in a coffin and duct-taped to a chair in the home, according to an affidavit filed Friday.

He also explained to authorities he was "often" put in the basement as punishment and told
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is just sickening. My guess is these parents are into some sort of freakish vampire lore and wanted to create some sort of monster for their games.

Let's hope they are found and brought to justice. Pray for this poor kid and that he gets a good home to go to.

Picture of the coffin the boy was forced to sleep in:

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for the boy. I hope he turns out to be a good kid in the future. This is just sick.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not a violent person but when I hear stories of child abuse, and in this case a story of extreme child abuse, I want to start punching throats.

I hope this boy is taken somewhere where he can get the love and support all children need. I hope his parents get a long stint in a dungeon somewhere. I cannot stomach people harming the innocent and defenseless. It's something of a miracle that he was discovered and can hopefully move on and have a normal life.

I hope everyone who reads this story sends their positive mind-bullets his way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I know this sounds bad but at least he has a home. I daily see single mothers with a couple of kids living in their cars, homeless and destitute.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The article says he is under the care of a "couple" so maybe he is under some sort of foster care? Either way, telling him ghosts live in the basement and then dragging chains across the ground and dropping them to scare him while he is in the coffin should be punishable by waterboarding or some other form of torture, seeing as thats pretty much what they did to this kid.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Its getting difficult to read stuff like this, it can be so depressing and emotional.

The saddest part is we only hear about the ones who have been rescued.. and that can be emotionally overwhelming to think about.

Am so grateful to those leos that work diligently to help find children, and help rescue children such as these...as well as those neighbors..and strangers..who make the choice to call authorities..when they feel something isn't right.

We can pray to God all day about missing children, and severely abused children, but it is ACTION that is going to help.

link   
Smh at the ignorance done to the maturing mind. I hope the child will recover fully and not let this effect his future in any harsh way.

link   
Arrest the couple, try them, and let them sit in solitary with a bag of rats around their head on a nightly basis. No sleeping.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's a good thing that I'm not the Spirit of Vengence. I would take out my full wrath on people who hurt children.

I'm not talking about throwing punches.

I would make those people wish they were never born.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Crikey, how awful. Let's hope they find these folks and throw a few books at them.

The coffin is standing up. I wonder if that is how the kid had to sleep, standing up in a frakking coffin? As if it couldn't be bad enough.

The mindset of people who do things like this baffles me. They obviously know this is not acceptable as they kept the child hidden, so they know they are doing something wrong yet they still do it. This isn't pilfering a pen from your employer, this is slavery, FFS! What the hell are these people thinking?

How does one even get to this point? Did these folks just wake up one day, "Honey, let's put the kid in a coffin"?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I know this sounds bad but at least he has a home. I daily see single mothers with a couple of kids living in their cars, homeless and destitute. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

WOW

At least he has a home?? the home was infested with bugs, and he was psychologically tortured , and physically abused..???

The kids living in the car with their single mom are a lot better off..

I still can't believe you said that.."at least he has a home".. (leaves post shaking head )

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by kalunom

I know this sounds bad but at least he has a home. I daily see single mothers with a couple of kids living in their cars, homeless and destitute.

Well a girl I know gets beaten weekly, but at least she has a home and does not live in a car.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is just beyond comprehension and I hope that those responsible for this are brought to justice swiftly. I pray that this boy will be able to get over this ordeal with the help and support of caring people. I have no idea why someone would want to do this to a child its simply sickening!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Crikey, how awful. Let's hope they find these folks and throw a few books at them.

The coffin is standing up. I wonder if that is how the kid had to sleep, standing up in a frakking coffin? As if it couldn't be bad enough.

The mindset of people who do things like this baffles me. They obviously know this is not acceptable as they kept the child hidden, so they know they are doing something wrong yet they still do it. This isn't pilfering a pen from your employer, this is slavery, FFS! What the hell are these people thinking?

How does one even get to this point? Did these folks just wake up one day, "Honey, let's put the kid in a coffin"?

How DOES one get to this point? A very good question.

One can understand a sick mind to a certain extent. Such as physically or sexually abusive parents, sick but can be understood. Locking a kid in a coffin? Telling him there are ghosts? Rattling chains to scare him?

Where does that come from and how can one understand it?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by kalunom

You're right that does sound bad. Better to have a loving single mom living in a car than what this poor kid was going through.

Actually what you said sounds really really bad...please rethink your perspective.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

reply to post by kalunom

You're right that does sound bad. Better to have a loving single mom living in a car than what this poor kid was going through.

Actually what you said sounds really really bad...please rethink your perspective.

I have reconsidered and see what you mean. Both bad situations for the kids.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A story like this is mind-blowing, of course. The good news is that he has survived and if that remains true, it will surely impart some incredible insight to him as a much older person. I mostly hate cliches but, people say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." This has been true in my own life and is a constant source of amazement to me. If he really does survive the impact of such a horrific event, imagine the possibilities for him...
I hope he lives to realize some amazement of his own and I am sending a smile to him while thinking about that. It is more than possible.
edit on 4/10/11 by sirenofthedead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So he's better off being abused? What in god's name is wrong with you man?

It is a matter of perspective. Thank goodness that my perspective isn't warped enough to think that some 7 year old who has been abused severely "has it good".

edit on 4-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I am so glad that the neighbors got nosey and interfered....they saved that little boy. I just want him to be placed in a loving nurturing home where he can be healed and eventually thrive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join