It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Owns Most of the World's Gold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
www.wealthdaily.com...

With gold prices getting ready to soar, we've decided to find out who owns the most bullion in the world.

It's no surprise that governments, central banks, and investment funds are world's largest holders of gold reserves. These organizations know gold is the ultimate store of value that protects against inflation and offers a safe haven during times of economic and geopolitical turmoil.

Many here at ATS think going back to a gold standard would be a good Idea, so I wondered who actually owns most of the physical gold. I also would think that private individuals collectively own a fair amount in jewelry and coins.
edit on 4-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My guess would be China......they have been collecting gold since the gold rush over here,,,
Not only just recently.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
My guess would be China......they have been collecting gold since the gold rush over here,,,
Not only just recently.

Actually according to the article....

the U.S.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

kyle from southpark

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm going with Enlil

he started the whole gold thing in first place

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Interesting. Who would have thought that the U.S. still ranks one, a small country as Germany ranks 2, China still 7 and non-countries/organizations are in the list as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Arabia and India/Pakistan would be my bet, those counties have always bought the yellow metal, mostly at above market price, I believe America paid Arabia in gold for the crude oil it imported during WW 2. Britain had the most gold at one point, especially during the Boar war, when Africa exported a ton a month to England.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by whaaa

kyle from southpark

Well he does carry a bag of gold coins around his neck just like all jews do, according to Eric Cartman. lol

But yea just follow the money.

Gold is almost worthless for a lot of people though...can't heat your home or build fire or cook or kill with it really. how useful is gold in a survival situation ?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
here is the US gold holdings Gov owned gold www.fms.treas.gov... in short

Summary
Fine Troy Ounces Book Value

Gold Bullion 258,641,851.485 $10,920,427,976.14
Gold Coins,
Blanks,
Miscellaneous 2,857,047.831 120,630,844.95

Fine Troy Ounces Book Value
Total 261,498,899.316 $11,041,058,821.09
so they say, has any one seen this gold done the test on it, reports can be, [fixed]
edit on 4-10-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Rothschild....

nugh said

new topics

top topics

join