It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: growing up in bad neighborhoods has a devastating impact

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

I think I see where you're going with this. You're kind of right. I only agree with some of your statement because "they" play the white man blame game because that's what is instilled in them...just like racism being instilled in others including whites, asians, mexicans etc. None of us are born racists...it's a learned trait.

The fault lies within the home...Period! Having a black/mixed president has nothing to do with anything...Period! As a matter of fact, as someone who is mixed with black, Pres. Obama is kind of turning out to be an embarrassment. But, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now....he still has more time left. It ain't over til' the fat lady sings!

Did you know that Steve Jobs was an orphan? Apple/MAC was created by a man who had an idea...a vision and who was determined as was his partner. The proof is in the pudding. He didn't come from money and furthermore, didn't know who his father was for a very long time. Heck, his mother didn't even finish college. Yet and still he found a way to succeed and change the lives of us all....Period! Did his skin color play a part in what he had to offer...I doubt it.

Mr. Johnson, who started BET is now a billionair...he came from poverty too....Oprah Winfrey...Michael Jackson.... Madame C.J. Walker (who was actually the first female millionair). There really is a very long list of extremely wealthy blacks and other minorities most of whom came from poverty. Ask them how they did it and they will one by one tell you "Family and/or Determination/Discipline"! I know of many wealthy blacks that have left the US and moved to South Africa to help jump start their economy and give a piece of themselves to who they consider to be worthy and that's their choice. The number of wealthy Black/Minority Americans may be low, but hey we had a late start
Nothing to complain about. People just need to wake up and get off the "It's everyone else's fault bus", maybe...just maybe we could catch up faster.

If a parent isn't willing to steer their children in the right direction from the day they are born, then they have already doomed their child unless someone else steps in and takes over and sometimes this is what's needed, someone who cares. This goes for every race and every "hood" on the planet...Period.

You sound angry...hopefully, your future will become brighter

edit on 10/6/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I'm not angry. I got over being angry a long time ago when I personally stopped blaming others (particularly the rich) for my own failures.

I simply get tired of hearing people make excuses. You reap what you sow.. If you never took the time to plant a crop, you shouldn't expect a bountiful harvest. LOL

edit on 6-10-2011 by Redwing48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

You can be a dismissive confrontational jerk all you want, but that doesnt change the FACT that what you said is flat out WRONG. Once again, you fill your mouth with nonsense, with an undeserved self-agrandized tone to boot...

Income, poverty, and health insurance: by race included

Here ya go, learn something for once in your life, and then you just might be taken seriously. Time to grow up.
What exactly is the point you're trying to make with this ridiculous study? If you don't work, it's pretty obvious you will have a lower income level, and won't have coverage under an HMO.. I pay for my HMO and to be completely honest, it sucks! I'd be better off with a Medicaid card myself. At least that way I could get my medical care free of charge without any co-pays or high deductibles.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwing48

I'm not angry. I got over being angry a long time ago when I personally stopped blaming others (particularly the rich) for my own failures.

I simply get tired of hearing people make excuses. You reap what you sow.. If you never took the time to plant a crop, you shouldn't expect a bountiful harvest. LOL

I couldn't agree with you more

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Originally posted by dragonseeker

It's probably true for many reasons.

But why are Americans so poor, are they really American?

Because all I see these days on TV are your illegal mexicans saying how poor they are get into gangs yet they should not even be in America.

If America took all the illegals out they might be able to help their own out, but instead they put mexican flags on buildings, demand mexico day while persecuting those with American flags.

The next bizzar thing is this, that saying 'bless you' or saying 'Jesus' aloud gets you into trouble but kids are given homework else where about why it is ok to wear Islamic veils.

You guys over there and no doubt here in the UK need to wake up, because when the big old A-C turns up on the scene he is going to gather an army against you, he will equipt them spiritually, they will be poor and be given riches and they would do anything to betray you and Christ's people in the process.

What the # are you TALKING about??

2nd line.

Exactly dragon slayer what the F--k am I talking about that is how easy it will be won't it because people just can not see it for them selves.

Revelation 12:7
And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

What I am also going to say is, because I don't say what everyone else is thinking because that is boring I connect arguements that are over seen for the greater understanding of the sitation they could face.

Over the years America has aborted 40 million babies, those babies could have grown up and helped the economy of that country and they too would have gone on to have families but instead they are adopting Mexican and other poor people across the globe to help with their voting systems so your next chosen leaders will be worse than the one before as time goes by.

They are putting pressure on the American people when they should be dealt with first and this increase will only create more bad neighbourhods across the country effecting the youth in the process.

Athieism and faithless people will increase abortions which in it self is like genocide, the problem is that you don't get a second opinion from the a dead baby, maybe the state could have put as much effort looking after them as they do the illgals.
edit on 6-10-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

You seem convinced that I'm a demon or hellspawn...NICE
I mean, I've always been a "nice guy" finally I'm growing some horns
I wonder if I'll get laid more now.
edit on 7-10-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

I don't know if you are demon but I do find people with demonic avatars and names have something against the Bible. Too many people are paying homage to the darker forces even using 666 as their login names like its something cool and they they tell us how Christ does not exist and the world is not gearing up to something more sinsiter, I mean if the world was not gearing up to something sinsiter why are people here.

I am not against anyone but would rather wake people up. Its like the Chemtrail sitution no one is aware of what is going on even if they can see it with their eyes.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I don't know if you are demon but I do find people with demonic avatars and names have something against the Bible. Too many people are paying homage to the darker forces even using 666 as their login names like its something cool and they they tell us how Christ does not exist and the world is not gearing up to something more sinsiter, I mean if the world was not gearing up to something sinsiter why are people here.

I am not against anyone but would rather wake people up. Its like the Chemtrail sitution no one is aware of what is going on even if they can see it with their eyes.

seek help man.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I would think demons would be trying to hide their true identity. And for the person above this post, the Bible says Satan comes as an angelic looking being to deceive. I think also that person is anti-Semitic because of what their thing says about Jews.

Some people like that person also used to say people like you have the mark of Cain. Too bad a lot of those people never look into their ancestry, they would probably be pretty surprised to find what is there.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwing48

Its not that simple. How thick are you? Your speaking out of ignorance...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I always find it interesting when the person who knows the least about a topic comes in like gangbusters presuming to know the most and have all the answers.

Your opinions only highlight how little you know, and your arrogance in asserting that you do.

I have found that most people with this punitive attitude are a part of the unfortunate "pecking order", in which they must have someone to blame for their prior or present difficulties, and minorities and the poor are the only demographics they find they consider "beneath them". But this is so transparent, anybody could see it.

The other characteristic is "I am greedy and I refuse to help anybody, ever, so by telling myself they could do better if they only wanted to" absolves me completely of the absence of any compassion or willingness to try to understand the facts".

Go have a another cup of that bitter, bitter tea. It will make you sick someday. There is a remedy, but you will have to discover that on your own.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Anyone who needed a study to point this out, is several sandwhiches short of a picnic.

I know, my thoughts exactly.... they needed a study to show this?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
"Growing up in bad neighborhoods has a devastating impact"

File this news story under 'D' for D-u-h... talk about stating the obvious.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I always find it interesting when the person who knows the least about a topic comes in like gangbusters presuming to know the most and have all the answers.
I presume you're including yourself in that category. LOL

Your opinions only highlight how little you know, and your arrogance in asserting that you do.

Are you referring to me or addressing yourself again? Why don't you tell us all your hard luck story too..

I have found that most people with this punitive attitude are a part of the unfortunate "pecking order", in which they must have someone to blame for their prior or present difficulties, and minorities and the poor are the only demographics they find they consider "beneath them". But this is so transparent, anybody could see it.
Now I know you're referring to yourself, because you couldn't be any further from the truth about me. I don't blame anyone for how my life is, and it would be nice if all you crybabies could accept responsibility for your own circumstances and stop blaming everyone else.

The other characteristic is "I am greedy and I refuse to help anybody, ever, so by telling myself they could do better if they only wanted to" absolves me completely of the absence of any compassion or willingness to try to understand the facts".
I'm not greedy, but by the same token, I refuse support anyone that lacks the ambition to go out and get a job. If you want something, try earning it, don't just whine and demand crap.

I don't owe you or anyone else a living. Try France or Greece if that's what you're looking for.. We all know how it works for them with their frequent bankruptcies. Somebody has to work and pay taxes. We can't all sit on our ever-widening butts drawing welfare. Nothing from nothing leaves nothing..

Go have a another cup of that bitter, bitter tea. It will make you sick someday. There is a remedy, but you will have to discover that on your own.

Well, at least I pay for my own tea, and no one else has to buy it for me.. That's got to count for something.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Lol. I rest my case. You've made it for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join