It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomer predicts dramatic Draconid meteor shower for October 8, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

You in the uk?

I've been watching but theres no sign of a break. I have heard some (low sounding) booms, could it be the meteors?

ALS

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Belgium, but the weather is pretty much the same here. I've dodged the rain and like I said the gaps in the clouds are few and far between but at least I have caught a couple.
Not sure about the sound, I haven't heard any but I'm near an noisy airport. The ones I have heard in the past have made a crackling kind of sound. Who knows, maybe you have heard some, there have been plent behind the clouds tonight.
edit on 8-10-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Draconid?

Interesting name.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

DJW I may be remembering this incorrectly so excuse me if I am incorrect but didn't you predict a possible brilliant/devestating meteor shower when we pass through elenins tail shortly? When is that going to happen? I can't wait for the show! Maybe it won't be cloudy that night.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
more doom and gloom. Guess will find out if we're still here after the 8th. I'll make sure to have my camera ready.

edit on 4-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

doom and gloom? where are you getting the doom and gloom form? nowhere did the OP say this nor did he say it would be the end of the world or that the earth would be destroyed....what are you talking about?
edit on 8-10-2011 by Goradd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yet again i miss out on an awesome celestial event due to the weather!

Thanx a lot God!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

its typical aint it
pis*ing it down here no chance to see anything

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xxspockyxx

DJW I may be remembering this incorrectly so excuse me if I am incorrect but didn't you predict a possible brilliant/devestating meteor shower when we pass through elenins tail shortly? When is that going to happen? I can't wait for the show! Maybe it won't be cloudy that night.

I think you are remembering incorrectly. At various times I have stated that "if we are lucky, we might get a nice meteor shower." No such luck, Elenin's gone.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If it is cloudy at your location, don't despair.
Space weather has a live space survellance radar on-line. You can listen to the "pings" by clicking the "LISTEN" button.
I have it running in the backround while I am also listening to ATS Live radio program.
Enjoy!

METEOR ECHOES : The Air Force Space Surveillance Radar is scanning the skies above Texas. When a meteor or satellite passes over the facility--ping!--there is an echo. Click on the button to listen to a live audio feed:

SPACEWEATHERRADIO

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Cool , thanks!

It just wooo...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
We had clear skies, many small meteors, few big ones. But during the peak it was still a bit to bright, waht could be the answer.
The Perseid meteor shower from August was way better

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join