It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Chinese silent stealth tech discovered

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
OMG THEYRE COPYING THE HUMMER!....hummer probably supplies them...who knows




posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the j-10 looks exactly like the french mirage.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
if it looks exactly like it wouldnt the french notice something?



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Good find on the pics jazzmaster
It does seem they changes the front grill and headlights. I dont know I dont really like the square headlights on that thing The Hummer looks much better in IMO.

Its not really hard to steal Hummer plans Im sure anyone in China can buy a H1 from GM if they $109,000 USD. But isnt their International Patent laws couldnt GM sue the Chinese companies making these for a clearly stealing their design? If not whats the point of International patent laws.

Maybe in a few years people will be able to by a chinese version of the civilain H1 for a heck of alot cheaper. Though they better change the headlights and grill first they are ugly.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
if it looks exactly like it wouldnt the french notice something?


go search for pics yourself, you'll see the designs are exactly the same.


jra

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There is no copyright when it comes to military vehicle designs, so why does everybody get there panties in a knot when some one has something that looks like another countries vehicle? Military vehicles are designed for function, if the design works great, then it's only logical for another company/country to take that design and change it and improve it where they see fit. Less money spent on R&D for them. This has always happened and always will.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
well then shouldnt the french do something about it if theyre stealing planes...french planes?



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Good find on the pics jazzmaster
It does seem they changes the front grill and headlights. I dont know I dont really like the square headlights on that thing The Hummer looks much better in IMO.

Its not really hard to steal Hummer plans Im sure anyone in China can buy a H1 from GM if they $109,000 USD. But isnt their International Patent laws couldnt GM sue the Chinese companies making these for a clearly stealing their design? If not whats the point of International patent laws.

Maybe in a few years people will be able to by a chinese version of the civilain H1 for a heck of alot cheaper. Though they better change the headlights and grill first they are ugly.


They are also planning on manufactering civilian's version. May be GM or whoever producing the Hummer are probably waiting for them to release the Chinese's Hummer and then sue them for quite a lot of money. Right now, it is very much concept until produced. Very interesting to follow. Chinese can't even draw up their own car concepts and produce them. It is suspectable that the majority of these Chinese Hummer concepts are taken from the Hummer in the US. No other countries have the same type of vehicles that look like the Hummer but China does, very interesting.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
well then shouldnt the french do something about it if theyre stealing planes...french planes?


no, as jra said, military craft dont have copyrights, so its perfectly legal



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
but this HMMWV behave some weak in Irap,can't resist landmine



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
ahuahuahuhuahuahuahu



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It looks nothing like any version of the Mirage ever built, it looks as much like it as a Blackbird looks like a B-2



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
An "up-armored" Humvee can withstand a 12-pound land mine in the front and a four-pound mine in the back. Earlier this month, an armored Humvee's occupants were uninjured after it was driven over a land mine in Kandahar, Afghanistan.


An "up-armored" Humvee costs $140,00 but can survive land mines that would have flipped a World War II Jeep Willys.

With a big enough mine anything will get blown up there is no truck anywhere that is invincible.


www.hummerteam.com...

[edit on 7-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join