It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun recorded with an IR Camera yesterday October 3, 2011 take a look at this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
IMO, sun/lens flare in BOTH videos. But the OP had to add "second sun" in the title of those videos, to get some 15 minutes of fame in the Nibiru-is-a-brown-dwarf-lurking-in-the-inner-solar-system bandwagon.
edit on 10/4/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
When u move ur camera in circles the big sun in the center remains in round shape,but the so call second sun to the left looses his form,doesnt keep the round shape like the sun in the center......just saying...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
When u move ur camera in circles the big sun in the center remains in round shape,but the so call second sun to the left looses his form,doesnt keep the round shape like the sun in the center......just saying...

And when the bigger sun moves cause of the camera movement, it distorts the original image of the smaller round object making it look like a blur, just saying too.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Lens flare.

Sorry, but I can't believe this until I start casting a second shadow.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

For sure it looks like Niburu, they are sitting and waiting now.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

Yes - I saw that. I'm not sure of your point. You said people like to have fun, I like to have fun too.

I have been meaning to mod my camera for ages - I posted about it in a different thread a few weeks ago. So I thought, why not get on and do that as planned? And then I can add to the fun! A problem?

Yes - you are right it was debunked on page 1. Does that mean I can't have some fun doing something similar?

The only problem I have is finding the bit of fully exposed and processed film. Bloody digital takeover lol!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Ok Ok. Fair enough. I guess I can leave the thread alone now. I knew this thread wasn't just a bunch of idiots and their detractors. It is fun to play. That's why I'm here.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If
You
Stare
At the
Sun long
Enough you
Will surely go blind.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
These videos with a little dot to the side of the Sun are really starting to annoy me. They have been debunked 100%. Go outside and film the same thing again. But this time put your finger in front of the dot and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Seems like a lens flair especially when it disappears, however the fact that it doesn't move with the camera is very unusual. It perhaps could be due to possible polarization of the material used as an iR filter.

And to the welding mask/sun foil users: your eyes can't really see into IR range (esp hot IR of that wavelength) so there's no way to debunk it using that method.

Anyone want to donate to my 'get a second identical hd handycam iR modded' fund ;P? I'd hazard a bet an HD cam or better will be the first undebunkable proof of a ufo, hence sony using 'pervs' as a reason to disable daytime nightshot usage with a exposure limiter in the firmware. Many ways around it though with time and $ >_

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wow, I work and I have a life too so I'm not watching this post 24/7, I found the IR Filter, I will record the sun again today and see if its a lens flare or not, I will try everything you guys mentioned etc. Video will be up in a few minutes, if its lens flare or not will see. I'm not getting rich eitherway soo.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ok I just recorded this video using the same IR filter, recorded around 9:25am October 6 if it matters. It doesn't show the spot like before, maybe was lens flare or maybe the object is behind the sun due to the position and hour I recorded this, I really don't know. I will try to record a video later today to see if I get something different.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

My buddy and I have done this test with several cameras and video recording devices, and I hate to say it but the supposed "second sun" is just a reflection. We were able to manipulate the spot depending upon camera angle, the spot was never in one constent point.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Hello Cdesigns,

I would applause you if I could. Bringing your own video to ATS for inquiry is what I believe this forum is all about. Individual research. To prove or disprove a point.

I also think that it's a lens flare but your next video should be quite telling.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you OP and sorry for some of the negative comments. Still cool to be able to reference to this thread the next time we get someone with a lens flare video. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I can't believe everyone actually ignored you lol
No worries the sane ones do

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Come on guys... its a bloody LENS FLARE!

Go get a spotlight, a real bright one, and shine your camcorder/ camera at IT.. same thing. Its been bebunked years ago now. I'm surprised people don't know this by now.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is power in what you have posted here…for good or for bad. You see you can frighten some people with what you are implying so you now have a burden of proof on your hands. Many people because of a lack of scientific judgment or knowledge will believe what they see without more evidence, causing fear, mistrust and panic. Is this your intentions?

Let me say I am not here to judge or ridicule. I think it is very possible for someone to capture something unique and different in the skies that no one has ever seen. I am always skeptical though if those conditions cannot be reproduced or viewed by more than an individual. If these conditions cannot be recreated or verified by another party or viewer, or if there is a large lack of evidence then the most simplest answer is typically the right one…a hoax or a misidentification.

If however you want to prove that this is real make sure you try to approximate the same conditions (time of day, angle, etc).

I am more than sure it is a lens flare however it will be more scientific if you try to recreate the conditions. And if it is a misidentification you will relieve the people I mentioned earlier, if you prove correct that there is an object then the next step would be to have this identified by a second source.

Here are some wonderful images of the current sunspots just this past week and included earth for scale in some of them! They were taken with a 5” Telescope with a Bader solar filter yeah I would love an H-Alpha…

vileyonderboy.deviantart.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join