It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Find a 500-Kilometer-Wide Asteroid Crater Beneath Antarctica

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalke07

This would explain the magnetic anomoly found there recently,aren't some meteors slightly magnetic?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: Dalke07

This would explain the magnetic anomoly found there recently,aren't some meteors slightly magnetic?

If it contains a lot of fx. iron it would.... even slight metal objects can throw off compasses.
When I have to calibrate the compass on my drone I can set it on a table or object with metal inside or it will mess up the calibration.
Imagine a very large object

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
the 'crater' is thought to date to ~250 million BCE

I would like to know the actual location of Antarctica back then when the asteroid hit

all the graphics I see has the landmass of the future Antarctica in just about IT's present location - below Africa landmass but not quite at the south pole Axis just yet

the reason i'm seeking the physical location of landmass-Antarctica @ 250Million BCE is because space junk & space rocks strike Earth in a wide zone but most of the latest impacts and bolide atmosphere explosions have been around the 40degrees north or south of the equator
Siberian or African regions seem to be the latter-day meteor/asteroid/space rock window to hit Earth...

if the ~250 MYO crater was near the Earths south pole, then the impact rock was way off the normal path of space objects orbiting in the solar system

so, I venture an expedition to dig to recover the alien asteroid, analyse the composition.... because the OOP artifact was likely a debris trail of Planet X from the far reaches of our solar system,
& Planet X is recognized as returning to the inner solar system and approaching again from the Earth south pole sky.

so lets know the 'enemy'

<< 1   >>

join