It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCIENTISTS are now asking!! - Did a Comet Hit Cause an Explosion on the Sun?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

This amazing video from the SOHO mission (Solar and Heliospheric Observatory) shows a sun-diving comet hitting the solar surface on October 1, 2011 and unexpectedly a huge explosion occurs shortly after. Are the two events related? Probably not, but solar scientists don’t know for sure. The region where the CME originated was on the opposite side of the Sun from the comet hit, so that is very great distance. Scientists say there is no known mechanism for comets to trigger a CME.

well it seems that the amazing sun diving comet we have on Oct 1st caught the eyes of the experts too..not only here on ATS which is very cool indeed..

their statement "Are the two events related? Probably not, but solar scientists don’t know for sure" tells it all

Are comet sending us a message that our present model of the universe is wrong and that a new model have to be studied?

will a new theoretical model be the key to space travel? immortality? why all this exists?

is the Electrical Universe the best candidate for a new model of everything we know?

interesting times indeed folks
Source : Universe Today - Did a Comet Hit Cause an Explosion on the Sun?
edit on 4-10-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
the amazing footage

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

already been worked out in another thread
its a flying space lama
use search

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
some more curious examples

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Not certain of the Llama Theory but it certainly is being discussed here.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

already been worked out in another thread
its a flying space lama
use search

the aim of this thread is to show that the topic is now being also considered and discussed between the scientific community..which is something..many like me are very cool about it

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Seems to me it would be like throwing a rock at the ground in the US and having Asia explode...

In other words, it's just a coincidence.

Edit: It also looks like the comet may be hitting a lot closer to where the flare erupts from than you'd think. Since we're only seeing it from the front, the comet could be passing slightly behind the sun before impacting.
edit on 4-10-2011 by TurkeyTots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Did the recent celestial impactor have a name? Or was it a random? If any can help with this answer thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
the aim of this thread is to show that the topic is now being also considered and discussed between the scientific community..which is something..many like me are very cool about it.

Adding to an existing thread is just good practice. Keeps information together and for better search results in the future.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
pls focus on these points :

- Scientists say there is no known mechanism for comets to trigger a CME

- Are the two events related? Probably not, but solar scientists don’t know for sure.

- comet disintegrate in the Sun’s atmosphere, and it appeared to interact with plasma and magnetic fields in its surroundings as it fell apart

- Could a puny comet cause a magnetic instability that might propagate and blossom into a impressive CME? Most likely this is just a coincidence, but this is definitely an event in which solar scientists are taking a closer look.

its very clear we dont have the answers with the current model of the universe were gravity , and only gravity is the present force

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Did the recent celestial impactor have a name? Or was it a random? If any can help with this answer thanks.

The comet, named SOHO-2143, was just discovered on Sept. 30 by an amateur astronomer.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

i represent the scientific community
and it is definetley a flying space lama
but anyway
i dont really get what your trying to ask in the original post
comets and other junk hit the sun all the time..

their statement "Are the two events related? Probably not, but solar scientists don’t know for sure" tells it all Are comet sending us a message that our present model of the universe is wrong and that a new model have to be studied? will a new theoretical model be the key to space travel? immortality? why all this exists? is the Electrical Universe the best candidate for a new model of everything we know?

why would comets be telling us something, its already known that we need to improve all our scientific ideas with the presentation of new information. knowing if two things are related is really here nor there in realtion to the universe isnt it?
space travel has many problems but we will work them out in time
immortality i believe is impossible for a cell based organism..nothing lasts forever
the electrical universe explains a lot but again needs to be advanced like everything..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

The comet, named SOHO-2143, was just discovered on Sept. 30 by an amateur astronomer.

Thank you, so it was not charted with the WISE or no comet asteriod tracking device.. A new

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

the aim of this thread is to show that the topic is now being also considered and discussed between the scientific community..which is something..many like me are very cool about it.

Adding to an existing thread is just good practice. Keeps information together and for better search results in the future.

what are you up to ..playing the forum moderator of the day?

now when its closed its closed..but it will stay until ATS server dont archive..so its worth the effort

having scientists now looking at this event is very impressive since I like many others here have been discussing this matter and ridiculed for months.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
pfff this is old hat
try the search bar... lasco c3 ?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

what are you up to ..playing the forum moderator of the day?

I am the sheriff of Paddy's Pub, and I'm saying that I did an ocular assessment of the situation, and garnered that you are not a security risk and you are cleared for passage.

Proceed silly boy.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
Seems to me it would be like throwing a rock at the ground in the US and having Asia explode...

In other words, it's just a coincidence.

Edit: It also looks like the comet may be hitting a lot closer to where the flare erupts from than you'd think. Since we're only seeing it from the front, the comet could be passing slightly behind the sun before impacting.
edit on 4-10-2011 by TurkeyTots because: (no reason given)

Not exactly. You take a .44 revolver and fire a round through a block of ice for example. Going in the hole is as big as your thumb, but on the other side you have a hole you can drive a truck through. This comet could've had the same effect, if it were made up of something other then ice, made some other explosive agent we haven't come across yet.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Anyone have the link to the thread of the flying space llama? Never heard of that. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe this impact happened in 2003. (That is what the up-loader says anyway)

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join