It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Sec Teresa May vows to end human rights farce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

It's about time something was done about these 'Rights'... ridiculous whoever came up with it...

Just hope this isnt some lie just to get more votes!!

This action neds to come into place and straight away if you ask me...

No more Bakri and the like.....

SOME FROM THE STORY:

HOME Secretary Theresa May will today vow to end Britain's human rights farce.
At the Tory conference she will pledge to close a loophole allowing foreign criminals to stay.

It comes as the dad of a raped boy pleads to Ken Clarke on indefinite sentences.

Foreign criminals and terror suspects will be kicked out of Britain under the shake-up of human rights laws, Mrs May will vow today.

The Home Secretary is to unveil plans to stop foreigners using their right to "family life" to dodge deportation.

She wants to rewrite immigration laws to make clear judges CAN overrule controversial human rights laws.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What was that saying, give them an inch and they will take a mile!, you honestly think that this is the only thing it will be used for? it will be expanded and used and abused against all Human Beings in this country.

It is a foot hold in the door which will be gradually opened, a little bit like how in British law we were once all human beings under the law of the land, and now we are a "person" and treated under commercial law.

They wouldnt do that would they? oh come on please, wolf in sheeps clothing, she needs to be removed from her role now!.

Oh and yes i sent her a mail last week in relation to this and old cammers and my local MP stating exactly what i have said here, she should resign, so no doubt i am on a list somewhere now, who cares? i dont they are playing you , dont be fooled.

Same old game , different day, wake up.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Never mind what that Neo Conservative rag "The Sun" pontificates. Here are our Human Rights:_

www.direct.gov.uk...

Now tell me which ones you disagree with?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i've been watching this for a few days now, and I am frankly worried.

en.wikipedia.org...

which parts are going, the death penalty ban? all of it? if its gone, whats the fallback? magna carta? patriot act?

seams messed up to me, what was the point of that petitions website if one person can just say screw the majority we're doing it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Never mind what that Neo Conservative rag "The Sun" pontificates. Here are our Human Rights:_

www.direct.gov.uk...

Now tell me which ones you disagree with?

O'm going to read this but i have to say before i do read it that too many people take the piss out of this and Country and use these 'Huma Rights' Laws to stay here even whe they are known to be trouble or inciting it... you must know by now that these need to be kicked out... why should the rest of us have to put up wih them being here just because of some 'Huma Rights Act'... i dont care if he.she faces death if they go bac to their origina Country... they shouldnt be here trying to stoke up trouble!!

'Terorist Acts and or Incitement to do so should definately have no rights to the 'Human Rights'.... Look at all the Peod's who get to stay here too because of this... open your eyes!! this Country has gone downhill bigtime since this Act was introduced and Labour definately funked this Country up!!

edit on 4-10-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

It's not everything a all... its the people who are inciting terrorism and initiating it that will finally get kicked out of here....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Oh can see where this is leading to.

British Bill of rights, this is what will happen

You do not have the right to freedom of expression, the Police will erode it.

You do not have the right to not to be punished for a crime when you didn't commit one, the police will make something up to get you.

the right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms, funny people are discriminated every with the authoritarian laws being implemented by the Government so this is useless.

Shall I continue lol.

A Complete farce. We are not a a democracy anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Never was a Democracy!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The people inciting the terrorism is the government , come on, wake up. Once human rights are removed for 1, they can be removed for all, loophole for 1, loophole for all.

Let's say you had relatives in another country and we the uk, invaded that country, killed thousends or hundreds of thousends of your kin, would you not do everythin within your power to get back at said people and government? or would you just live and let live?

Our government like the US is getting everything that it deserves because of it's involvements in things that do not concern it. how would we feel if 1000000 of our people like the iraqis for example were wiped out by invading forces?

Stop being so British and start using the brain you were given at birth. The government is not your friend and it is not trying to protect you, it really does not give a toss about you 1 way or the other. This is 1 step closer to a police state which we are already closer than any other country to.

Banging head up a brick wall here?

edit on 4-10-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

When have we ever been a democracy?

On topic.

We'll see...I've heard it all before....it's acts and deeds that count not empty political rhetoric and popular sound bites for the masses to lap up whilst delivering absolutely nothing of substance and significance!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oh I agree. Authoritarian/Police state it seems.

When will the madness end. Never!
edit on 4-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you want to get rid of something get your propagandists to cherry pick the ridiculous (and there are some) examples and never show the good.

As others have said so they scrap the Human rights and put nothing in its place instead of correcting those that are not working.

Ally that with removal of legal aid and we will have no other protection than the benevolence of our betters. Stuff that.

Boris he buffoon talks about boot camps and our feral youth but fails to mention all the young people that stood against the riots.

He did not have much to say about his politician mates looting expenses and certainly did not suggest a boot camp for them.

Given the choice of a few ridiculous examples and being at the mercy of a few ridiculous elite I think the choice is obvious

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

You need to wake up!!

We have these guys inciting violence here to create havoc and death and you think this is right?

I had nothing to do with the War yet do you think they will care about that when they plant a bomb?

Most of us had nothing to do with the war yet you see what happens when people get it into their heads that we are all to blame?

I'm prety sure you dont want or like to have groups parading the streets of London/England inciting violence against us... Of course this is wrong and should not be allowed!!

Where is your Brain??!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

We can only hope that the UK government will secceed in defeating this "human rights" fiasco - how many times have we heard that RAPISTS, MURDERERS, and TERRORISTS have been granted leave to stay in the country because they play the "Human Rights" card and their "right to a family life" trumps the right of the public to be protected from animals like this??

We can't deport terrorists because they may be subjected to torture or execution when they are returned to their own country - frankly, I DON'T CARE. In my opinion, criminals should be forced to face the consequences of their actions

top topics

join