It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter mistaken for flare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I was just looking over the news as I was eating my breakfast and I found this new story that I thought might make some of you chuckle. This is my first thread (aside from my introduction) so apologies if I mess it up!

A rescue search was carried out off the coast of Tynemouth Longsands after a member of the public mistook the planet Jupiter for a distress flare.

However, after an extensive search, it was found that the informant had mistaken the planet Jupiter for flares.

source

This story amused me because it reminded me of ATS and the hysteria that I sometimes see when people spot Jupiter in LASCO for the first time. Anyway I hope it makes you smile too.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
LOL

what a moron that bloke must of been, surely the fact it stayed up in the sky for more than a few seconds should have given it away that perhaps it wasnt actually a flare.

Made me giggle S&F

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Thank you, I'm glad it made you smile

I just thought it was relevant to ATS because people often seem to see things and assume the worst, admittedly I'm as guilty as anyone else for panicking, I jump every time I hear a low flying aircraft or a heavy lorry goes by.

Bless him though he tried to do the right thing, hahaha! Just think how embarrassed he must have been!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I just saw this myself, you know sometimes people get some harsh treatment for their 'Strange star in the sky' threads around here sometimes justifiably so but this just goes to show that it's a more common occurance than one might think. Someone sees something out othe usual and mistakes it for something it's not.
It also goes to show that a fair section of people could do with looking and understanding our heavens a bit better.

new topics

top topics

join