It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns of trade war if U.S. bill passes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yeah, but one man's freedom is anothers cage.

Freedom doesn't come free, every freedom enjoyed had to be taken from another.

The luxuries we enjoy today come at the cost of the poor workers in sweatshops, or the optionless saltminers or slaves in the diamond and gold mines across the world.

One person can't have freedom as long as another is enslaved, it is just another illusion.

The mediocre comforts we enjoy would seem like paradise to others, and it's not just because thier governments are corrupt. They are enslaved by the very global economy that created the need and oportunity for the injustice to flourish.

It's not one man's fault, or one governments fault, it's everyones fault.
It's simple.

edit on 4-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: spelling (probly missed some too haha)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I started a thread on this about seven hours before this one. Good info there so far. Here is a link to the other thread going:

Earlier Thread

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

It is now in danger of collapsing, they are on the edge of going up or going down. But then the Chinese government isn't always known for being reasonable.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You can still buy this furniture, people just don't want to pay for it.

Americans are just as guilty creating this problem. Want something for nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I joined this site because I felt it was the right time to share some knowledge that was shared with me in 1999. Not by some anonymous insider with some top secret information about aliens or some such. This information was given to me by none other than the Director of the Rand Corporations think tank.

He told me some things about how the next ten years would go. I quietly watched for several years and to date EVERYTHING he told me has happened. Hence I decided to become a member and tell the world about what I was told. All in all, bad times are coming. The next war is already being waged against us and we will not win. In short, Russia China and Iran are NOT our friends. They have been planning something almost diabolical in it's simplicity. If you can not beat your enemies with a big stick you beat them economically. How does one do this? Simple really; Build a dependence then stop shipping the products. Iran and China plan on cutting off the US by simply refusing to do business with us. China, giant defensive military, Iran (plumb crazy) Russia, cozy with both........

1. Back in 1990 China, Russia and Iran got caught have some very secret talks.
2. To this date no one but them know what the talks were really about.
3 The Rand Corporation has tremendous resources and tremendous access to things the public does not.
4. The supposition was that Russia would end the cold war and re-organize as "friendly".
5. China would become the worlds manufacturing center and get the Americans to pay for it.
6. China would develop the world largest defensive military.
7. Iran would eventually control OPEC - (That just happened as a general from the Republican Guard just became OPECS President)
8. Americans were going to become dependent on China for 80% or more of cheap "consumable goods"
9. Once established as the WORLDS supplier of cheap goods they would be in a position to survive without Americans business.
10. The US would be found guilty of unjust wars and worst of all extreme hypocrisy (Torture of prisoners of war)
11. China would start to exert their power and influence in an attempt to ditch the U.S. dollar as the worlds reserve currency
12. China would start telling Americans to "back-off" their allies (Pakistan)....
13. He said that the U.S. would become incredibly and irrationally divided and riots may start to break out.
14. That once the U.S. was internally destabilized China would move to cut off our imports. Russia would back them up and Iran would control the flow of oil.

To date everything I was told was probably going to happen, has happened right on que......

Now imagine what would happen when Walmart suddenly had no crap to buy.... When gasoline costs ten maybe 15 dollars a gallon.

I think it is going to get real ugly with-in two years. Not today not tomorrow but soon. No stress yet as that is at least two years away. Things are getting pretty darn crazy out there........

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Whoa whoa whoa

China's economy is not at fault for the decline of the american economy.

Actually they are partially responsible. China manipulates its currency, artifically depressing it to their advantage (there products are cheaper for export).

China still refuses to allow foreign competition in their markets. They force foriegn businesses to pair up with a Chinese counterpart.

Chinese businesses continually violate copyright / patent agreements.

They have been in violation of WTO standards the moment they joined, and have refused to comply. China was given 5 years to free float their currency, and to date, iots never happened.

When 2 countries agree to do business with each other, and both countries agree to play by the same set of rules, and one of those countries ignores those rules, creating an imbalance with the country complying, its not soley the fault of the country in compliance.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And the US dollar has not been devalued for the past 3 years ?

The Treasury are printing printing printing.

At least the Yuan is not a world reserve currency.

How many countries are suffering because of Dollar devaluation hmmm ?

Why does oil HAVE to be bought in Dollars hmmm ?

This whole global economic crisis has made in America stamped all over it.

Yeah blame the Chinese..

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Great, because I remember when furniture use to be of great quality and lasted for generations, so perhaps the whores in our congress will start doing something to boost productivity in the US, but as usual they probably just increase the imports from some where else.

I tell you our nation politicians are nothing but whores.

Yeah i hear ya loud and clear,i too remember that.Somebody responded to your post about how WE are accountable too.
Wanting affordable cheaper products.I for one do not make alot of money but i'll be the first to tell you i'd rather pay more money for well made products that will last.
Hell even pricier products made in CHINA are CRAP.I read alot reviews on the net and they are mostly unfavorable.As long as its NOT MADE over THERE then you have greater CHANCE.

I'll give you an example.....

I bought a couple pairs of legging off EBAY.Now i own alot of legging all made FROM CHINA.They usually don't last long.But these particular legging were HOLDING up great.And somthing told to look at the tag and low and behold it said MADE IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........i was completely floored.

For the record these legging weren't expensive...10 bucks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Before commenting you should learn the difference between free floating a currency and artificial manipulation. Look up patent / copyright infringement, closed markets etc etc etc.

Once done, feel free to come back and join in.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yeah right, like the US doesn't manipulate markets.

If you want full fair trade then maybe you should start at home at places like Monsanto et al.

As for currency, my country is currently holding 345 billion dollars it needs to buy oil, the value of that 345 billion is shrinking everyday US prints more dollars, that is devaluation and currency manipulation.

The current trend for the US is to print so much that they will be able to pay off their debts with a Trillion dollar bank note that is actually worthless.

But of course, as the dollar is also the world reserve it means that we will end up paying for your debts.

Maybe you should research the unfair advantage the US has in having world reserve status, you don't actually pay your debts, you externalize them to every other nation that has to buy dollars.

And as the Dollar is the world reserve then surely we should have a say as to how much is printed and how much it is worth.

The trouble with the US is that you've been having your cake and eating it for so long you think it's the norm, and when another nation has the audacity to call you out, you cry foul like your Angels or something.

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

dont worry ,tell your govt to seize american corporate assets in response.That will teach americans a lesson.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

And again being a reserve currency and the actions China is engaging in are completely seperate, although China, Russia and Iran are demanding a new reserve currency. Countries are free to chose which currency they want to use or not use.

China is the one committing these actions, not the US. If the US manipulated its currency do you think we would allow it to freefall like it did?

Should china be allowed to violate WTO rules?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

dont worry ,tell your govt to seize american corporate assets in response.That will teach americans a lesson.

Again, China as well as Venezuela have done this in the past. As stated no foriegn business in China is foreign because china will not allow it. As for china seizing items, again they have already done this, and not to just the US.

China invites foreign business in, requires them to be paried with a Chinese business, and after a few years of the Chinese portion ripping off its counterparts, making the foreign side non profitable, the foreign business cuts its losses and leaves.

The Chinese portion continues on, using the established infrastructure paid for by the foreign business. The chinese portion rips off the patent / copyright info, makes the items themselves and resells them on the world market under their "ownership".

When a computer company spends 500 million developing state of the art computer technology, only to have China steal it, replicate it, then sell it cheaper, it destroys the company that researched it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

so is that my problem?the motto of USA is might is right .winners keepers and losers weepers.

you lose,china wins. as for venezuala you had looted and plundered too much , pay back is sweet

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

so is that my problem?the motto of USA is might is right .winners keepers and losers weepers.

you lose,china wins. as for venezuala you had looted and plundered too much , pay back is sweet

Actually the motto of the US is In God We Trust, not might is rite, winners keepers and losers weepers.

Anyone else find it humerously ironic that while they hope to drag down the great satan over actions they despise they are completely ok with using those exact same actions for their own gain?

If you really want to open that door be my guest. Dont be surprised then when the US walks right back through it and owns your ass along with chinas and Venezuelas.

There are 2 great ironies in life -

not getting what you want, and getting exactly what you asked for.

I wouldnt invoke Venezuela by the way. If you researched what has ocured under Chavez rule you will see just how much of an absolute failure his policies have been on their economy. Inflation out the wazoo, energy rationing, nationalization for foreign business, shut down of any media (tv / print / cable) that doesnt support him or his government 100%, political opponents harrassed / arrested / intimidated to drop out and not run, securing victory for his party.

Yup... nothing like a "winning" strategy to use as an argument.

While I enjoy the usual US is evil comments, maybe you would care to tell us what you think should happen? China is violating the WTO, and the US is not the onlyone having issues with them doing that (although you and others tend to ignore ther est of the world, focusing on the US as if we were it).

What would you do?
edit on 5-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

your motto is masonic and masonic god is Lucifer/morning star.

and yes your nation is follower of might is right. Why is invading defenceless nations ? your nation is the biggest warmonger in History.

As attacking China , how will you do it? with your made in China weapons?

I wouldnt invoke Venezuela by the way. If you researched what has ocured under Chavez rule you will see just how much of an absolute failure his policies have been on their economy. Inflation out the wazoo, energy rationing, nationalization for foreign business, shut down of any media (tv / print / cable) that doesnt support him or his government 100%, political opponents harrassed / arrested / intimidated to drop out and not run, securing victory for his party.

living standards of poor have improved and he tells the poor of their rights. Rest is economic and political warfare.

www.petroleumworld.com...

So like how can consider what your corporate media says about chavez is credible?

edit on 6-10-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

your motto is masonic and masonic god is Lucifer/morning star.

Which is much better than the motto Arbeit macht frei that others use.

and yes your nation is follower of might is right.

No really its not..

Why is invading defenceless nations ?

If they were so defenseless, then how come there is a body count on the soldiers? So no, they arent defensless. If they werewe wouldnt have lost any members of the armed forces. Maybe if these "defensless" countries would spend less time denouncing the Great / Lesser Satan, they woul have more time to improve not only their selves, but their country as well.

Since independant thought in the ME / China is punishable by death I would wager those countries will remain in the stone age for quite some time.

your nation is the biggest warmonger in History.

This comment right here is exactly why there are problems in the Middle East with Arab / terrorist aggression in addition to the apparent love affair people are developiong with China.. You really should learn history before making a statement like that. Iran (Persian Empire), Ottoman Empire, Ming Dynasty, Holy Roman Empire, The United Kingdom, Japan, China, Russia, Germany. etc etc etc.

This is what im talking about with a blind hatred towards the US. We are not even in the same league as the listed empire / nations when it comes to aggression. The sun never sets on the British Empire is a good example of that.

As attacking China , how will you do it? with your made in China weapons?

Not sure where you are getting attacking China from. We are talking about legislation that would impose tarriffs on Chinese imports because they refuse to comply with their WTO obligations. China consistently engages in ecenomic espionage (ripping off patents / copyrighted info and claiming it as their own).

SEcondly im not sure where you are getting the buy weapons from China angle. The last I saw there were some computer chip / boards that were faulty that came from China... In addition to poisonous milk and kids toys that contained lead.

living standards of poor have improved and he tells the poor of their rights. Rest is economic and political warfare.

Uhm, no their situation has not improved. Its gotten worse actually, with electricity rationing etc etc etc. The reason their is an uptick with the poor is because the people who own businesses / make money are paying for it. Welfare is one of the biggest programs of wealth distribution there is.

When the people who work their asses off see more and more of their earnings going to people who just refuse to work, it tends to increase the tention level among the populace. Which, again, is occuring in Venezuela as well as China.

So like how can consider what your corporate media says about chavez is credible?

edit on 6-10-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the exact same thing with PressTV and Chinas CCTV. Again at least westrn media is allowed to question the government / leadership. We are allowed to form our own opinions an debate all sides of the issue.

Something that is NOT allowed in China, Iran, Russia etc etc etc.

I am hoping the bill passes so we can start cleaning the crap up and moving forward. Its not just the US though. EU counries are filing the same complaints about China and unfair trade practices.

Is there any particular reason you are ignoring that information?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join