It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Tries To Hide Comet Impacting The Sun Creating An Explosion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Ok, thank you for that, I will certainly look into it and do some reading!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If I could have watched & listened to conversations like those in this thread- when I was at high school - I would not have waited so long to get interested in science.

I am learning heaps just by following this thread. So - keep in mind I am new to science - why is it that comets are so unpredictable?

The one thing I know about any object moving in space is that it will keep moving until it comes into contact with something else - is that the problem with tracking a comet?

Be gentle and please explain in uncomplicated terms - I genuinely like learning.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Can you explain, in your own words, how a comet hitting the sun creates a solar flare on the opposite side of the sun?

Then can you explain how a comet hitting the sun causes a flare to erupt on the same side of the sun near where the comet hit?

Then explain how a comet can hit the sun and no flare erupts?

What about when a flare erupts as a comet approaches?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this was already asked but

How can a comet hit the sun? I thought it was generally hot enough to vaporize most material before it reached the surface

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

tough very tough chad..

but from what i can imagine..the CME erupts from the most fragile point in the Sun, in fact...i dont think there is any impact at all, just electric exchange which generates a chain reaction

but first before trying to explain how what we are seeing is happening with a new model of the universe..lets just try to explain it with our current model...that comets are only a tiny little point of dust and ice..what do you expect it to do when it encounter 5,500° C..nothing really dont you think...so that we might have any sort of result is already frikin amazing

you see chad...we are not that freak to think it might be related...

ftw..

This amazing video from the SOHO mission (Solar and Heliospheric Observatory) shows a sun-diving comet hitting the solar surface on October 1, 2011 and unexpectedly a huge explosion occurs shortly after. Are the two events related? Probably not, but solar scientists don’t know for sure. The region where the CME originated was on the opposite side of the Sun from the comet hit, so that is very great distance. Scientists say there is no known mechanism for comets to trigger a CME.

Probably not, but solar scientists don’t know for sure

Did a Comet Hit Cause an Explosion on the Sun?
-Universe Today

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Electric universe theory is a load of dung thought up by a group of friends that were into electronics. Most of them didn't even have a higher degree than high school. That is why I don't waste my time to "learn" about EU "theory". Some people on here need to get a real education and learn real science instead of this "alternative science" crap that you can jump into anytime and flaunt it as real science when it doesn't even use the scientific method. Community college it is cheap and will give you the REAL tools for REAL science. Deny ignorance!

edit on 4-10-2011 by RCTD58 because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RCTD58

its not what you study at school that makes you a scientist

its your hearth brain and gift

something i can see you may not well understand

edit on 4-10-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join