It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens Trade War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Ameilia

please do it china, the west deserves it so bad
they have all the power to f us up, its just a matter of when enough is enough
bye bye america

China can eat a dangle with mustard and a smile.
I hope they do it so will can compete with nations that
pay their workers humane wages, instead of racing to the bottom.

They'll never pay humane wages so they'll always have an edge.
edit on 4-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Appears the legislation may be dying out before it even gets discussed. We shall see.

The strong misgivings of House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner were the first clear sign the currency legislation might fizzle out, as similar bills have done since lawmakers began targeting China's yuan policy in 2005.

Updated article Reuters

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Here's a guy who'd rather live in China. Bon voyage! Don't forget to writ

sounds like you still have harted for China and Russia eh?
dont you get it? capitalism and democracy both have failed i wonder did you went to greece, bosnia, italy by any chance and see how are the people living by? they are struggling as for bosnia bosnia has the biggest jobless rate in all of europe. Next to kosovo, kosovo has no indrusty expet for human trafficking and drugs.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Sorry,but China has more to lose then the US and its allies.............................
Dont think it couldnt happen BTW. If the US decided to place a full Embargo on Chinas mainland,China would fold. Not too many Communist country's for China to trade with anymore...................

List of the largest trading partners of the People's Republic of China

List of the largest trading partners of the United States

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Oh No!!! No more melamine contaminated milk and toxic foodstuffs!!!

Still not convinced this is a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

I am an American and would love to see this. We could fill a lot of jobs here at home. We need to increase our exports.

With my lack of true understanding for finances - but my heart standing firmly on the need for USA to MAKE and BUY USA - I hope this happens. Sure it will be hell for a while (here I'm presuming) but would it not solve MANY of the problems facing the USA? Jobs at home. Return to being an industry based rather than a 'paperwork' society.

Between the above - and - limiting terms in congress I think the USA had a chance. Without? It's doomed.

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

As I've that's what brands are for. If you're dispointed with a brand, you avoid it the next time.

BTW, my China made cheapo CRT monitor that I'm using is still functioning well after 4 years.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
And how much do all the other countries spend?

I have no idea what you meant with that last line.

EU is actually China's biggest customer.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

As I've said before, China lost 20 million factory jobs in 2008 because of the crisis. Yet they continue to accelerate. Their domestic market now consumes more cars than any other.

Besides, Jew E won't approve. They love China.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Oh, please. You can pump hundreds of trillion on these countries and they'd just squander that on merriment and killing each other.
There's a reason these countries are the laughing stock of Europe.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Better listen to China, America - they don't play the way you do.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
about time they went back to tariffs. They need to raise the standard on made in america at the same time. I worked for some companies that would put 2 items from china together then slap a made in america sticker on it made me sick. A trade war is one of the last things are environment can handle ATM. World wide ecosystems are on the verge of collaspe and a pissing contest isn't going to change it.
I only hope the new revolution starts soon. The world needs one that will undo the corruption and greed and bring us closer the the animal kingdom again we are so displaced in thinking the earth is just here till we die and go to make believe land forever. Its that view point that enables human to destroy there home for there children without a 2nd thought. Lets just hope the new revolution effects everything and turns earth into a utopia and all man respects the environment and is fellow man.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
There will be a vote in the senate tomorrow (Thursday morning) regarding this currency bill. Apparently, some Republicans are annoyed and it is now uncertain whether there is enough support to pass it. I'd personally still like to see some action on this. Here's hoping.

Asked on CNBC about the bill’s prospects, the Kentucky Republican said: “It’s probably not going anywhere. … The China currency bill is highly unlikely to pass.” Read more: www.politico.com...

Politico Article

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join