It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens Trade War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

lolz an floated currency is only worth what investors deem it be. That's why the Yen is so strong (when it shouldn't) because investors are desperate to park there along with the Swiss franc and precious metals. If China floats her currency, guess who'll rush in?

And you do realize that the tinanmen square uprising failed?

Yes. Keep believing you're smart. And your country still wealthy. You Amerikans really make me laugh.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

$hitrolet should be proud anyone bothered to copy such undesirable cars.

And as I've said before in a car site, only morons from China and USA would buy a GM car.

edit on 10/4/2011 by eldard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

ah, you just proved your talking out of your arse. The largestest industrial corporations is Japan? You have any idea what you are saying?

Quit trolling and get a life. How pathetic.
edit on 4-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I said the largest industrial corporations are in Japan, read much? Which is Toyota, followed by VW of Germany. Third Jewneral Electric.

You've just proven how dumb Amerikans can be. Now who's pathetic?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Can people let go of their national pride, please?

We've got global issues to deal with here.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
China just has to keep going the way it's going. I live in a small town in southern europe, all the shops are closing down. Except the Chinese "sell Everything" shop. They now have 4 shops having recently taken over the old DIA supermarket. They are friendly nice enough people but the stuff they sell breaks instantly in most cases.
For example.

Gaffer Tape (Duck Tape)......won't stick
Phono audio signal splitter...Only works in mono??????????
Toy gun....trigger broke when pulled
Mosquito candle.....Goes out after 3 minutes

I could go on, they will happily allow you to swap your broken thing for another (soon to be) broken thing or give you a refund, but where are you gonna spend it. I had to go back and buy another 3 gas bottle regulators before i got one that worked.
So my theory is they have destroyed our means of production by saturating the market with cheap crap that we are forced by our greed to buy. The production stops in the west 'cos we are not buying our stuff now we have no choice.
Disposable Hammer anyone?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Perhaps someone could answer this question?

China trades with just about if not all the countries in the world. How much harm could the U.S do to china in a trade war?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
China just has to keep going the way it's going. I live in a small town in southern europe, all the shops are closing down. Except the Chinese "sell Everything" shop. They now have 4 shops having recently taken over the old DIA supermarket. They are friendly nice enough people but the stuff they sell breaks instantly in most cases.
For example.

Gaffer Tape (Duck Tape)......won't stick
Phono audio signal splitter...Only works in mono??????????
Toy gun....trigger broke when pulled
Mosquito candle.....Goes out after 3 minutes

I could go on, they will happily allow you to swap your broken thing for another (soon to be) broken thing or give you a refund, but where are you gonna spend it. I had to go back and buy another 3 gas bottle regulators before i got one that worked.
So my theory is they have destroyed our means of production by saturating the market with cheap crap that we are forced by our greed to buy. The production stops in the west 'cos we are not buying our stuff now we have no choice.
Disposable Hammer anyone?

I think all over the world Chinas stuff is seen as crap. That's because the coke they us isn't very refined so it's cheaper and as a result the metals are referd to as pig metal. It's all crap.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Where on God's green Earth do you get your information from??? China does NOT make high-grade anything. Do you ever read the news? Just about everything is contaminated and corners are cut on everything.

you might not like the truth, but the truth is the truth. Have you even been to China.
Look at the recent satellites the Chinese are putting up.. They are higher spec than usa miltary ones...

You keep getting your info from the news if you will... I dont mind...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

US buys about a whopping $365 billion a year of Chinese goods.

Let's hear it, fatassed whiners who can't operate a computer without talking to an Indian over the phone.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thats the point I think. The stuff they need to work they keep, the stuff exported breaks. If I needed a satellite I'd probably still buy the cheaper chinese one though. lol

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by discolo

That's what brands are for.
A Sony made in China will still maintain Sony quality. If you bought unbranded goods that constantly breaks then you're a cheap ass person and deserve what you get.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by discolo

That's what brands are for.
A Sony made in China will still maintain Sony quality. If you bought unbranded goods that constantly breaks then you're a cheap ass person and deserve what you get.

I respectfully disagree. Case in point: Dr Marten shoes. Used to be wonderful. I have two pairs of boots, different styles. I have had one pair for 15 years and one pair for 14 years. Still in excellent condition. They were made in the UK.

Dr Marten decided they wanted to outsource, and lower their production costs. Dr Martens are no longer made in the UK, they are made in China.

The new Dr Martens suck. Low quality, they fall apart within weeks. Literally, last winter I bought a pair of ankle high Docs, and wore them for 2 weeks. They leaked in the rain. I couldn't believe it. This is when I researched and found out they are now made in China not the UK. Used sales of these have skyrocketed- everyone wants the UK shoes.

Also Coach...the stuff made in China =( bad news. I am sure there are others.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
if i where america i'd avoid any kind of war with asians.

resorted to cheating to beat the japanese, tied with the n. koreans and lost to the vietnamese.

stick to picking on small caribbean islands and countries with no landscapes so your advanced military technology can actually work.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

inn and out burger they are a family owned company that makes all there own cups gets there food from us farms etc,cattapiller is a us company and they from my research dont contract out there construction to foregn sourcesbut they do have several over seas subsidiaries (china russia etc) en.wikipedia.org... high point fire arms not while the best hand guns they are made in the usa useing former auto buiding die cast machines and it seems we have sources in the usa for all of there relevent componets steel zinc etc so theey exist but are ntot as comman as they once were en.wikipedia.org... them too

maglight is usa with no outsourceing aswell madehereinamerica.com... usefull site
edit on 4-10-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by steveknows

US buys about a whopping $365 billion a year of Chinese goods.

Let's hear it, fatassed whiners who can't operate a computer without talking to an Indian over the phone.

And how much do all the other countries spend?

I have no idea what you meant with that last line.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

With a large number of Americans still feeling the sting of the economic doldrums, the U.S. is banking on a hope that tourists from China will come to this country and spend money on products that were probably made in China.

Right, they don't get enough of their products in their own country so they'll spend thousands of dollars to vacation the US and buy them here.

Full article: Consumerist Funny Article

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Well what you say does make some sense the other thing you have to remember back in the 1800's we weren't connected like we are today stocks earnt money from being stronger not because there is a fluctuation you can take advantage of and earn cash every time certain stocks rise for a brief moment. Technology in stock trading is going to kill it and as someone has said before on ATS stocks were used to generate money to float a company not so everyone can profit from certain information for the day.

Also America is fighting how many wars ATM also pretty sure Britain knew when to pull out as they have done in the past obviously due to financial restraints as alot of people blame them for countries being screwed over by half arsed occupations.

So when you have everyone riding the market for a few cents gain to make quick cash you will make the market more volatile as it is doing now. So then it is only a matter of time things happen alot quicker now and to think America will last another century is really a joke. You have people investing in America's debt does that sound like a smart plan you can't even pay the debt you have now it is just growing.

Now if America does this idea you will be screwed very quickly anyone forgotten what China holds in their hands? Try all your bonds, if someone puts a huge sale of them on the market your dollar will tank because there is no demand for it so in actual fact you are at the mercy of China and the only way to get control of your country back is to lower debt.

But sure you all knew that, I want it all to tank so we can have basically a reset and hopefully prices and costs of living will return to levels they should be at.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also to add does anyone realise China is investing in manufacturing plants in the US due to the fact most products made in China are low quality and they know they can get better products made in the US. So when you see things picking up it will be because of that then what will you guys do.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

reply to post by kozmo

That's funny considering china lost 20 million factory jobs in 2008 crisis, yet they continued throttling ahead. And the US buys a mere 20% of China's exports each year and most of it kitchenware, cotton thingies and cheapo electronics. Pathetic, really.

And green "technology" mercury filled light-bulbs that the Obama administration makes us buy....

If China wants to go into trade war, then the neighboring countries will compete better. Countries like India, Philippines, and Vietnam will jump into that gap and expand from there.

That's pretty well the long and the short of it buddy.

If China can't out-compete other poor countries one of them will certainly take their place. India would be salivating at the mouth over the thought of a trade war against China. China would just move operations off-shore and find a away around it anyway.

America has other things in mind. All leads to a push towards a globalised currency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join