It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens Trade War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

And how many people have you invaded and killed lately?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Since you can never compete with German, Japanese and now Korean engineering, I highly doubt it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Sorry but GE says no.

GE makes too much because of China (and doesn't get to pay taxes) and GE owns most of the politicians in Washington D.C. right up to Obama.

This Senate bill will go nowhere.

Now if China gets all snooty and starts a trade war anyways, that will be great. Sure the stock market will collapse and the investor class will be shocked to hell, but at least domestic corporations will have a huge help in competing with the multinationals.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by kozmo

That's funny considering china lost 20 million factory jobs in 2008 crisis, yet they continued throttling ahead. And the US buys a mere 20% of China's exports each year and most of it kitchenware, cotton thingies and cheapo electronics. Pathetic, really.

Sure they did, on debt, on a devalued currency and on unbalanced trade. What do you think happens once their currency gets rebalanced against global GDP? Any idea? I know... POP!!! That BIG, GIANT bubble goes POW! The US and the EU are tied together at the hip. What do you think happens when the US places tarrifs on China raising the cost of imports?

Do some homework and learn some econ instead of being a homer and believing the propaganda. The only thing China has done was to repeat the EXACT same mistakes the US has made over the past 5 decades and found a way to compress it into 1 decade. It doesn't make them smarter, it makes them dumber, faster!
Bubbles ALWAYS pop - the bigger they are, the louder they pop. Just remember, the flame that burns twice as bright, burns half as long!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

That's funny considering china lost 20 million factory jobs in 2008 crisis, yet they continued throttling ahead. And the US buys a mere 20% of China's exports each year and most of it kitchenware, cotton thingies and cheapo electronics. Pathetic, really.

And green "technology" mercury filled light-bulbs that the Obama administration makes us buy....

If China wants to go into trade war, then the neighboring countries will compete better. Countries like India, Philippines, and Vietnam will jump into that gap and expand from there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

China better not go to a trade war with the United States, where else are all of my video games going to come from =/

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by purplemer

No, we will go back to buying higher quality stuff and less of it.

No you will buy lower quality. Like with most things you get what you pay for when you buy from China. China is just as capable of making high quality stuff as the USA you just cant afford it...

So how do you propose bringing manufacturing back to aAmerica were wages per hour are hundreds of times higher, the infrastructure does not exist and the people are not trained in manufacturing..

You are beating a dead horse there..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by DragonTattooz

name one steel plant , name one manufacturing corp that makes from scratch all materials, making a product that is sold in the USA made in the USA, can you? Post the corp if you can.

edit on 4-10-2011 by bekod because: editting

As a matter of fact, yes, I can. Keystone Steel in Peoria, Il. They are the world's largest manufacturer of fencing (they even have one line dedicated solely to the King Ranch in Texas!). They have a smelter and they manufacture their fencing from raw materials. That is just one right off the top of my head.

Next?
edit on 4-10-2011 by DragonTattooz because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

No you will buy lower quality. Like with most things you get what you pay for when you buy from China. China is just as capable of making high quality stuff as the USA you just cant afford it...

So how do you propose bringing manufacturing back to aAmerica were wages per hour are hundreds of times higher, the infrastructure does not exist and the people are not trained in manufacturing..

You are wrong, sorry. I don't really have anything to add for a second line, you are just wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Since you can never compete with German, Japanese and now Korean engineering, I highly doubt it.

You really should quietly put the keyboard away. You are wrong and/or misguided on quite literally everything you type. As an American field engineer who has worked with all 3 of the nationalities you mentioned, I can tell you that American engineers are considered to be among the best in the world. Japanese engineers are a joke, Koreans are freaking awesome, and Germans are no fun whatsoever- and they can't stand it when an American shows them what's up...I know from experience at a Siemens Fab in Regensburg, Germany...
edit on 4-10-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Japan is just good with reverse engineering. They get their hands on new products and quickly develop the technology and ship it back out.
Most of it was invented somewhere else...like the US.

Did you actually mention Korea? Whose businesses haven't figured out how to use the internet?
edit on 4-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Ameilia

please do it china, the west deserves it so bad
they have all the power to f us up, its just a matter of when enough is enough
bye bye america

China can eat a dangle with mustard and a smile.
I hope they do it so will can compete with nations that
pay their workers humane wages, instead of racing to the bottom.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Where on God's green Earth do you get your information from??? China does NOT make high-grade anything. Do you ever read the news? Just about everything is contaminated and corners are cut on everything.

Wages are NOT "hundreds of times higher", they are double and only because China pegs it's currency. Otherwise wages would be very similar and the cost of shipping would BURY Chinese goods. The infrastructure does not exist??? Are you from Earth? The US is still one of the TOP manufacturing countries on the planet. in fact, WE taught China how to manufacture! We are not only trained in manufacturing, we trained China and the rest of the world.

Stop making such ridiculous claims! You look foolish!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

And if China pops (which it won't), their government will simply mobilize hundreds of millions back to their rice paddies. Just like that. And if the world recovers, they'll remobilize again. Back to the factories. Just like that. Whatcha Americans gonna do, liposuck the fat off each other?

And if China floats her currency, what do you think those yen carry trade whores are gonna do? And if that happens, guess who'll have an even bigger purchasing power?

And it's obvious I'm smarter than you. Go sue your dumbass Amerikan university or something.

Oh sure, and all of the good little drones will simply obey and just go straight back to abject poverty without nary a whimper. A little Pollyanna-ish don't ya think? Were you even born during the Tienamen Square protests?

Let me help you, since you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are, and no where near as smart as I am. Right now China's currency is pegged to the US dollar - that is manipulation. We want them to float their currency so that it can be valued on the open market in comparison to its GDP. If so, instant inflation! Got that? Do you even know what "Those yen trade carry whores are gonna do"? And can you even fathom what happens to purchasing power? Apparently not!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

It's good to know I'm not alone. Sometimes it gets really frustrating trying to make people understand reality. I would challenge anybody to look at, say, a Chery (which they blatantly stole from Chevy) manufacturing line in China vs a Chevy line in America. Go talk to the workers. Go look at their homes. Talk to their children (or, in the case of China, the single son). Then come talk to me about quality, including quality of life.

Oh, and to you China nutswingers, I carry tools always (unless I'm driving my 'vette)...When China starts exporting their garbage cars here, I WILL NOT help you when you are broken down on the side of the road. I will, however, stop and let you know that you are not getting help because you are a traitor. To be clear, I stop for anybody, anytime.

Geez, after reading that I realized that I would stop and help. I'm not as tough as I'd like to think...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

That's funny considering the biggest industrial corporations are in Japan and Germany. Only Jew E is 3rd.

Yep, keep inflating your own ego.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That's funny considering Korea on average has the fastest internet in the world. And Japan was first on 3G and already have camera phones when Amerikans were still on their $hitty analog motorolas.

Another Amerikan talking out of her ass.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

That's funny considering an hourly factory wage in China can buy a decent meal there. Let's see a fatass Amerikan live on that.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Where do you think the iPhone comes from, Mars?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join