It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Waterloo (Canada) - Institute for Quantum Computing & Nano Technology lab in one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For the first time ever a nano-tech lab and a quantum computing group are housed together, working together "to unlock secrets of subatomic world".

This doesn't seem to me as anything conspiracist but could definitely be something to watch for new technologies, check out to see what corporate connections or sponsorship they have, etc. I'm not doing that, just happened across it and think it deserves to be on ATS

Waterloo institute seeks to unlock secrets of subatomic world

2008 article I happened across - Waterloo breaks ground on...

Institute for Quantum Computing - 2011 Annual Report and Latest News

Paper published in Nature (2005): on quantum information processing

it's the wave of the future, and of the now, and almost none of us know a darn thing about it!
maybe this will inspire some people, enjoy

edit on 3-10-2011 by Thermo Klein because: fixed a href

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So, up pops a mover and shaker! Mike Lizaridis.

He and his wife, Ophelia, have been VERY big supporters for this entire program, Research In Motion (RIM; which also manufactures the Blackberry), and the The Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.

This guy is making some MAJOR contributions to our world right now!

wikipedia: Mike Lazaridis

Philanthropic work

On October 23, 2000, Lazaridis founded the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics with $100 million of personal funds, along with $10 million contributions from fellow RIM executives Jim Balsillie and Douglas Fregin.

On April 30, 2004, Lazaridis and his wife together donated $33.3 million to the University of Waterloo for its Institute for Quantum Computing.

On May 3, 2005, Lazaridis gave an additional $17.2 million to the University of Waterloo, primarily to aid the construction of a new building jointly shared by the Institute for Quantum Computing and the Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology.

On June 4, 2008, a further donation of $50 million to the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics was announced.

As of June 5, 2009, by contributing a new gift of $25 million, Lazaridis and his wife have donated over $100 million to the Institute for Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo.[5]

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

This is interesting. Hope they get somewhere.

The world of subatomic particles is as mysterious as center of our galaxy. It is not easy to explore.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm sorta just exploring around the people and organizations connected to Waterloo. I'm a little surprised I hadn't heard of this place!

They just opened the Stephen Hawking Centre (40 pictures on link) in Waterloo.

Waterloo is becoming the world centre for physicists!

haven't seen anything that ties Michael Lizaridis to anything nefarious (Bilderbegr, CFR) or even anything "elitist"
... yet Muahaha!

ETA: his name is actually Mihalis Lizaridis

edit on 4-10-2011 by Thermo Klein because: name

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm hearing the buzz about this, it's pretty interesting news. Who knows what can be discovered. I can't wait.

new topics

top topics

join