It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make a stove out of a dry log!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I was watching Ray Mears last night on youtube and i remembered watching this episode where he showed how to make a stove out of a dry log.

The first video is Ray Mears himself and he starts making the stove at around 3:10. The second video is another guy making a Swedish version i guess that starts at the top and burns down instead of Ray's burning from the middle and burns up.

Ray Mears

Swedish style

I didnt do a search because ive been creeping these forums for awhile and havent seen anyone post it. If its been posted alot before then i apologize

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I watched the Ray Mears video; good stuff. These turpentine suffused pine stumps are abundant in my area (NW Florida) and we use the wood for many things, but I've never seen the tar extraction. One of my late Uncles used to transport these stumps by truck to a plant which used them to make dynamite. Not certain how, but my guess is they use the turpentine (tar).

One trick I used to use when hunting deer was to purchase a bottle of spirits of turpentine to take on the hunt. Once I got close to the area I was going to hunt, I would take a Q-tip, and dob the spirits on my clothing and boots. I could sit and watch my dogs follow my trail all the way out to the point where I dobbed on the spirits, and the dogs would completely lose my scent. I'm not certain, but it seems that if dogs can't smell you, deer can't.
This really is only good in an area where pines occur naturally, or the deer will know.

I plan on checking out some more of his videos, thanks...

join