It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a Break

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yikes!

It's one of those days.

The constant bashing of the pro-Bush and pro-Kerry camps is getting out of hand around here. Is this just going to get worse in the next two months? How was it in 2000?

Parhaps a "Zero Tolerance" policy on posting guidelines needs to be applied by the mods to help control things?

How many more anti-Bush/anti-Kerry threads based on party talking points are needed around here. There is little in the way of informed debate taking place.

Thankfully I'm leaving for a short time.

Good time for an ATS break.

Hope I don't suffer withdrawal symptoms!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
good move, ive taken two breaks from ATS and its good to clear your head. Hope you come back very soon

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've seen many a good forum descend into the bowels of politicizing and bickering over politics in every thread. I've been watching threads ove rthe past several days here at ATS, and I see politics starting to weave its way into a few outside of the topically specific threads. I hope this can be controlled before yet another great forum and discussion based group descends into politicial infighting.

Maybe a one week hiatus from anything short of monumental in the political arena?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
good move, ive taken two breaks from ATS and its good to clear your head. Hope you come back very soon

Yeah. I leave tomorrow and will be back in about ten days.

I agree with everlastingnoitall many threads are devolving even in the non-political forums. Seems people get a political lable attached to them and the opponents take glee in slinging cheap shots at them.

An unintended consequence for Campaign 2004 Forum participants I'm affraid. Their avatars now carry a political bulls-eye.

new topics

top topics

join