It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is NOW, deal with it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

and what exactly are you "oh great and all knowing" doing about this personally? trolling ATS boards? being a keyboard warrior a dog all bark and no bite? before throwing slander at others for THEM and not YOU actually doing something about this.

Get off the computer open your front door and look outside at the world, its there you know?

THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING!

and all it takes is a little maggot like you to foil everyone's hard work over the years.
yet after people like you have destroyed this movement I would give it less than a year until you's all start whinging about it again.

An yet again they're will be more movements and the cowards like you will still do nothing cept hide behind they're screen's of anonymity judging the ones who are fighting not only for THEIR right but YOURS and YOUR CHILDREN and last but not least YOUR FUTURE!

go on keyboard warrior balls in your court

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Laughing at someone making a difference? Laughing at the idea that organizing locally is a joke? Acting like caring about the unbelievable social injustices that have gone on too long is meaningless? I see there are shills on ATS as well. Not surprising, I just haven't identified them yet. Starting a list.

Those who laugh at people with the heart and dedication to actually make changes, on a local level, or any level, are the problem. If every "local" area changed, everywhere would change. What part of that doesn't fit into your "let's give up it's hopeless" model?

Coward. Cowards laugh at the real work of people they can't be. Cowards wont fight for change, and actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Unlike the people try so desperately to make this movement out to be nothing. Either you work for the government/corporations, or you should. You're the right kind of idiot and loser to keep the other sheep in line with your witty uselessness.

edit on 4-10-2011 by thejlxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
North America stopped being a "democracy" (in the Greek sense of the word) after the Civil War. When the Fed Reserve was initiated in 1898 and your political system was hijacked by the lobbyists over the remaining 50 yrs, then the whole lot went to hell in a hand basket. Big money with endless greed assuming that our Mother the Earth would go on forever bleeding for their gain and profit. Transglobal capitalism - as perpetrated by the Wall Street banksters - simple is not sustainable so the rats are maximizing gain in the shortest possible time before the entire shebang goes extinct. Their endless greed blinds them to the fact that, like parasites, when the host dies, THEY DIE TO..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez
North America stopped being a "democracy" (in the Greek sense of the word) after the Civil War. When the Fed Reserve was initiated in 1898 and your political system was hijacked by the lobbyists over the remaining 50 yrs, then the whole lot went to hell in a hand basket. Big money with endless greed assuming that our Mother the Earth would go on forever bleeding for their gain and profit. Transglobal capitalism - as perpetrated by the Wall Street banksters - simple is not sustainable so the rats are maximizing gain in the shortest possible time before the entire shebang goes extinct. Their endless greed blinds them to the fact that, like parasites, when the host dies, THEY DIE TO..

Sorry but the Federal Reserve started in 1913. North America is the continent not a country. I believe you are referring to the USA which has and still is a republic. Just to clarify.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I saw this on The Huffington Post this morning, under the headline "DID GEORGE CARLIN PREDICT OCCUPY WALL STREET.?"

Frankly, I have been of the belief that the whole OWS thing is either futile or masterminded by the PTB in order to circumspect a real protest. The reality of the financial system fails is far too complicated for the average Joe(sephine), or so I thought. Then I saw this, and it all came together.

The protesters have correctly identified the enemy, now what do we do?

(Profanity warning)
youtu.be...

edit on 4-10-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

This is from the nycga.cc declaration page. it is a good start.. this movement is not losing momentum.

We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known. They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage. They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses. They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation. They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization. They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices. They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions. They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right. They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay. They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility. They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance. They have sold our privacy as a commodity. They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit. They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce. They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them. They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil. They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit. They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit. They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media. They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt. They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas. They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. * To the people of the world, We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.

New york City general assembly declaration #1

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
On another thread someone postulated that ideas are not "bullet proof" (i thought i'd carry that idea over to this thread). The person explained about the violence inherent in the system and the blood of the martyrs (Gandhi & King) proves it will take violence to solve the corruption in the system. But the violence is already happening, just because the media doesn't headline it as it did back in the day (ie. Kent State shootings by the National Guard 1970), the death toll still exists. The death toll exists even in everyday elements such as unaffordable health care, driving while black, the feeling of suicidal desperation from being different than the cookie cut out...
Ideas from the last century which ended over a decade ago are no longer valid - the paradigm has shifted.

Ideas are bullet proof. As Peter Gabriel sang, in his song about the killing of anti-aparthied hero Stephen Biko (1977), "...You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire - Once the flames begin to catch the wind will blow it higher... and the eyes of the world are watching now..." It has been a long time comin'...

The promise of the internet has given us a world wide eye and platform (it is no longer their eye atop the pyramid, so to speak)... Everything is presented instantly... All ideas, all P.O.V.s ... Human nature which knows inherently through compassion and empathy that there is no higher calling than LOVE and fellowship, no matter how those who have been hurt mentally still feign their sadness and inadequacy in terms of violence or an "it will never work" posture.

We are more than a decade into the 21st century, things are moving faster now, yet the calling remains the same. Anyone who thinks intelligently is no longer fooled by the old paradigm of struggle. Women are not going back into the kitchen, gays are not going back into the closet, blacks, browns and reds are no longer lesser men, - ect... Everybody who is a thinking thoughtful person knows this as this is fact, you can not put the Jello back in the box once it's been made.
What you may have once thought true, what you may have once believed as your dogma has changed, let go or be left behind. For anyone not understanding the new movements, or think they are leaderless and amorphous, i say, hold somebodies hand and you will need no leader. You can make your own choices on what is right and wrong without an ideology defined by the leaders of yesterday. You - and you alone are the one, and when holding another's hand in love or brotherhood you can understand all of humanity as we are all humans. (wow, sorry, i started to get a little preachy there).

"When I get older - I will be stronger
They'll call me freedom - Just like a wavin' flag
When I get older - I will be stronger
And then it goes back - And then it goes back
Born to a throne - Stronger than Rome
But violent prone - Poor people zone
But its my home - All I have known
Where I got grown - Streets we would roam
Out of the darkness - I came the farthest
Among the hardest - Survival
Learned from these streets, they can be bleak
Accept no defeat - Surrender - Retreat
So we struggling, fighting to eat
And we wondering, When we'll be free
So we patiently wait, for that fateful day
It's not far away, but for now, we say
When I get older - I will be stronger
And then it goes back - And then it goes back
So many wars - Settling scores
Bringing us promises - Leaving us poor
I heard them say - Love is the way
Love is the answer - That's what they say
But look how they treat us, make us believers
We fight their battles, then they deceive us
Try to control us - They couldn't hold us
But we just move forward, like Buffalo Soldiers
But we struggling, fighting to eat
And we wondering, when we'll be free

So we patiently wait
For that fateful day
It's not far away
But for now we say

When I get older
I will be stronger
They'll call me freedom
Just like a wavin' flag

And then it goes...

And everybody will be singing it...

And you and I will be singing it...

And we all will be singing it..."
[by - K'naan]

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixiekaram
YOU have asked for change, YOU have asked for a voice, YOU have asked for THIS.

Now.......YOU...... don't want this?.

Why, Because they're of a younger generation? have you not watched any of the videos its almost 50/50.
Because to you, they're dumb as they are not apart of ATS? and are unaware of what we know, (who knows what is on ATS is even real)who cares.
Because they're hippies?, isn't the theme of ATS deny ignorance?
Because your scared of the police?

Honestly a belting over the head for the GREATER GOOD of MANKIND is nothing a little bit of time in a cell is nothing for your children's future.

It doesn't matter where the voice comes from as long as its heard!.

It doesn't matter how many times we get hit for every hit we grow stronger tenfold

DENY IGNORANCE
EMBRACE UNITY

Just quoting what this guy said, he is so right.

First of all, everyone was whining about the government and how wars were made for oil. Where are u guys now?

This is ur chance, even if its not the same movement, you guys can implement it.

This is for government change and the constitution of the US, your own country, the country you supposedly "love" so much.

I don't understand how Americans can agree with one thing and all of the sudden they change their perspectives and go against their own self, their own ideas.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestyka

And here it is agian.

You don't agree with a disruptive protest= You think there's nothing wrong in the world.

You have different ideas on how it should be handled= You're stupid and ignorent and you don't know how to use the net so you should get off.

This is why people don't agree with knee jerk reactions because a cause gets highjacked by anarcists. the silent voter sees a rant like this and is turned off by it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanbuffalo1

Originally posted by aaronez

Sorry but the Federal Reserve started in 1913. North America is the continent not a country. I believe you are referring to the USA which has and still is a republic. Just to clarify.

I'm from Australia and I've noticed that alot of people on this site have no idea of geography or what federation,Independence or self governence means.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
this thread has warmed my heart.
trika, you are my new best friend.
i've been watching as much of this unfold as i can from nowheresville australia
and i've been getting more and more dismayed as people turn to arguing about
definitions and semantics and stupid dates
as if this is just another silly ufo video to pull apart and feel smug about
a lot of people from both 'sides' have made good points
but i think it's beginning to sink in now
this isn't going away
the old ways aren't working anymore.
we have a chance here for a world built on love and acceptance and equality
we just need to lose the chips on our shoulders, the useless resentment
and stand up together.

yeah it sounds like something out of a storybook
why does that mean it can't happen?
i bet you loved stories, once.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I'm amazed myself at the amount of ignorance in general. On this site though we try to ''deny ignorance" which is ironic in some circumstances!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join