It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Iraqis have been killed by the coalition forces since the beginning of the war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
How many Iraqis have been killed since the beginning of the war (I am assuming the war is not ended yet).
Any numbers or links?

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
According to the site Iraq Body Count, they estimate betwenn 11707 and 13714.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
According to the site Iraq Body Count, they estimate betwenn 11707 and 13714.

That 11-13 thousand is just civilians and a note of caution, that includes people killed by roadside bombs and mortar attacks not just Iraqis killed by the coalition. It can be argued though, that they died as a result of the war and the resulting chaos.

The total number of Iraqis killed, if you include insurgents, is probably in the high tens of thousands.

From that site, they quote Gen Tommy Franks as saying they had killed 30 thousand. That was on April 9 2003, well over a year ago. Defenselink.mil

I'm sure it's much higher now.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would have bet 300K. But of course I must be wrong!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Way to many in the name of freedom, people don't have to die in their own countries because another wants to force freedom and democracy into their lives, this war in invasion in Iraq is a shame to this administration, you can not called a war because our government never declared war to them.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
lives lost in vein on what looks like war based on someones persenale vendeta

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Way to many in the name of freedom, people don't have to die in their own countries because another wants to force freedom and democracy into their lives, this war in invasion in Iraq is a shame to this administration, you can not called a war because our government never declared war to them.

OK, you are right, let's call it invasion.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
One day we'll be able to fill that bogus "mass grave of 100,000" that Bush used as a rationale for war.

top topics

join