It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] UFO: Too good to be true? [YOUTUBE HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm going to have to also agree on hoax.
the reason why is the camera man keeps filming behind the other guy's head... is he zip tied to his friend?
you can't move 4 feet away to shoot what could possibly be the biggest proof ever shot?

na. seems set up.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think hoax too. I cant speak about where the men are looking, since we rarely see their eyes, we can only make assumptions on that by the angle of their head, but might be a good point. I do recognize that particular style of ufo, from another hoax vid that i will never find now. Not identcal, but has the same feel and texture. I think the vid is very formulaic too. starting with a perfect, crystal clear shot of the ufo, just to show us how realistic and detailed it is. then the poster zooms out. much bouncing and shaking ensues, a dip behind the grey hair - which does not look real to me. the hair has a very clean line and appears to be gaussian blurred rather than out of focus. it screams edited to me. But who knows. I know what you are saying human_alien, about the age of the men. People at that age are automatically given a certain amount of implied respect on account of their age, though they do not certainly all deserve it. I like that you shared the vid, and also that you posted it as being a likely hoax. beats anyone here that posts vids like this screaming about how the aliens are here, lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Seems fake, as much as i'd like to say not. The cameraman is sorta an idiot as already mentioned, but other then that, just because a UFO is circular in shape, does not mean it spins. From my experience, that round type of UFO doesn't spin like a dradle... that being said it sorta looks like a dradle.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Took some screen shots of the "ufo" because it is pretty cool!lol

Notice the last one is filmed with a different level of zoom, and appears different as a result - how would you do this with CGI?

Not convinced either way yet, but I m sure this will run for a while. Looking frowards to seeing some more oppinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It looks to me like one of the many consumer/retail RF Controlled UFO Balloons one can purchase in Toy & Hobby shops in the USA. Lot's of fun when you become aware that many people not in the immediate vicinity think it's real and call law enforcement who then respond and get pissed off when they find out it's legal. (Flown below certain limits in a park, etc.) Law enforcement then runs a background check on the hobbyists for warrants, unpaid tickets, or inspect your person and vehicle for anything, anything illegal to punish for wasting their time.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Nice screen shots! Hmmmm............. some kind of probe? Dang it does look strange.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Total Hoax. Aliens could not fit in that toy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqYUjgGpFEg&feature=channel_video_title]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqYUjgGpFEg&feature=channel_video_title[/ur l]

looks a lot like this other vid they posted. same style ship, but this vid is way cheesy, makes me think hoax a thousand times. and if one is a hoax, they both are IMO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If they are really seeing what we are seeing, I highly doubt their reaction would be, "...hmm, what do you think?"

BUT, the "white haired guy" on the right looks like my ex-father-in-law, and he would never hoax or tell a lie. So it must be true, or real, or whatever...

Human Alien: If nothing else, I appreciate your passion for this phenomenon, and your quest for the truth. I too became more skeptical after being around here for awhile (and after taking a critical thinking class.) Not a "skeptic", but better reasoning and sounder judgment...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

50 year olds don't do hoaxes, or behave that way?!?! Pfft.

Keith Moon (would be over 50 now), Johnny Rotten...these are your peers, "old" man! The Damned, the Clash...these are just the punk rockers!

What about the two old pub-crawlers that were doing most of the crop circles in the 80's!?!

Wow.

On Topic...a fancy BALOON, yo!!! Baloon!
edit on 10/3/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to add

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
THIRDPHASEOFMOON production company plus music equals the people that made the film that are monitoring responses about it are chuckling.

just the truth of the matter
edit on 3-10-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
I'm going to have to also agree on hoax.
the reason why is the camera man keeps filming behind the other guy's head... is he zip tied to his friend?
you can't move 4 feet away to shoot what could possibly be the biggest proof ever shot?

na. seems set up.

Exactly what I was thinking, the guy with the camera jumps out of the car just to film the object from directly behind another guy? He has a high-def camera on a perfectly clear day with the drop on a hovering UFO, yet he goes out of his way to put one of two guys in a 1/2 mile radius between himself and the saucer? I'm not buying what these guys are shoveling

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's a new, top secret private DRONE owned by Obama. His daughters, Malia and Sasha were just outside the video frame, at a pool party/BBQ with those gray haired guys' grandsons. One of the boys offered Malia a beer, and then the drone appeared!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Seen more Convincing things in my toilet.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Third Phase of the Moon... Oh him. I troll YouTube Oopho video a lot and have learned to steer a little clear of the UFO channels that have a ton of "sightings". The always say new and best and must see, etc. This guy is one of those... sorry.
Keep digging, if you can stand the FAAAAKKKKEEESSS. Im open, and skeptical.

This particular one can easily be accomplished by running mono filament line between two trees or posts and hanging a lil thingy in the center that spins, giving the appearance of hover. You can see the swing caused by the wind.

Like I said be wary of Moon Pie's channel.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Got it. It's an upside down center table serving dish with a lid. You know from the era before modern man? It even spins on its base. And hung by fish line. Good close up. I can even see the stamp Hotel Stanley 1935.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

That whole moving the camera behind his head back and forth part is another reason why I think its fake.

Seems like it was done on purpose so they could show off there CG skills (or lack thereof)

It always surprises me the amount of people who post blatant hoaxes and claim they are real. If you are really a UFO enthusiast you should have a better eye for noticing obvious fakes.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

One thing i will say is i don't think that's a balloon, simply because, from the audio we can tell that there's a bit of a wind and it does seem to be a bit too stable to be a balloon. That being said, i can't rule out another type of r/c model, although i don't see how it would fly, i have, in recent years, owned r/c blimps and an r/c flying saucer (ok so i'm 34 going on 12), neither were good in wind (and they were smaller than this) commercially available r/c "UFO's" tend to be powered by helicopter type rotary blades which doesn't appear to be the case with this video.

You may be right that the old geezers aren't in on it, they're heard asking each others opinions on what it is and one of them says it's "too small". Who's to say that they guy filming isn't in on it and he was waiting in the car for other people to spot it and get out and film their reactions?

I'm really not sure what to make of this, simply because i can't figure out how this would fly, then again having owned a couple of flying toys doesn't make me an expert.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Let me give you a hand before you make a fool of yourself.

This video is another CGI creation by the Cousins brothers, it's a FAKE.
These videos are all fakes created by Blake and Brent Cousins aka Cousins Brothers aka ThirdPhaseOfMoon.
Twin brothers from Honokaa, Hawai, filmmakers with a variety of CGI UFO videos and well known in this forum.
Just Google the names and you will know about their work. Meanwhile meet the twins Blake and Brent Cousins.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Alien you are a good contributor and all here at ATS, but someone at your caliber should know if it wasn’t you who posted it that this thread would be in the HOAX section immediately. That is obviously too good to be true, unfortunately it’s too bad to be true. I honestly just watched a few seconds and I was already like yeah this is another UFO hoax. It’s just too obvious, because if that was a UFO and aliens are piloting that craft they wouldn’t make it that easy to spot. It’s too obvious that they made it look like it would be the most convincing out of all other UFO sightings that others have encountered before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join