It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hank Williams Obama-Hitler comparison

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

He is getting what he deserves...if you act stupid...you suffer the consequences.

So is speech really free if there are consequences?

edit on 10/6/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Hate to say it walking fox but you receive the ignorant comment award.

"Now, Godwin's law and No True Scotsman aside, this is what Hank Williams said: "Obama playing golf with Boehner is like Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu."

it is, in fact, a direct comparison to Hitler. Stop deluding yourself. "

That is in fact him comparing two people that he considers complete opposites by using the most powerful example of opposites in his mind. He is comparing the act of them playing golf together with the act of two other opposites playing golf together. It had absolutely nothing to do with comparing the individual people to each other. That would only be if he said Obama is like Hitler, english 101.

Of course the media sensationalized this like they sensationalize EVERYTHING so they can try and get ratings.

edit on 6-10-2011 by seeker1977 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the irony is he never compared obama to hitler. he compared the obama/boehner round of golf to a hitler / netanyahu round of golf.

it's very interesting people immediatley made the connection of obama being hitler in the analogy

I thought it was a harmless comment, and it pointed out the obvious, both examples are guys who probably wouldn't get along at a dinner party

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here is another example.

'Me having a beer with so and so is like Martin Luther King having a beer with the leader of the KKK.'

Martin Luther King and the leader of the KKK are incidental and have no meaning themselves in this comparison other than to point out extreme differences and likely harsh feelings for each other. Two people that cannot get along because of fundamental differences.

Again there was NO comparison to Hitler other than a made up comparison encouraged by sensationalized reporting. People seem to love to hate for no reason and jump on any comment to say someone is horrible.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxJoey
Wow, so much for freedom of speech.

Instead, ESPN announced on Monday afternoon that the famous “Are You Ready for Some Football?” intro will not be part of tonight’s Monday Night Football broadcast after Williams made comments likening President Obama to Adolf Hitler
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

That was my thoughts exactly, when I first heard this...

He spoke his political opinion and because it is controversial, he gets punished? I would consider suing if I were him...

He had every right to say what he did and while I don't agree with his words, I will fully defend his right to say it.

I find it an outrage that he was punished like this for daring to speak his opinion. This is a free country and he has every right to his own opinion.

Shame on ESPN. Meh.... In a weird way, Monday Night Football just wont be the same with out his song...

I may just have to youtube it before every game.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join