It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hank Williams Obama-Hitler comparison

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow, so much for freedom of speech.

Instead, ESPN announced on Monday afternoon that the famous “Are You Ready for Some Football?” intro will not be part of tonight’s Monday Night Football broadcast after Williams made comments likening President Obama to Adolf Hitler
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the mainstream media loves this man big time one more made unemployee

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't remember the media acting this way when Bush was called a racist, Nazi, bigot, idiot, moron..and ever other name you could imagine.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxJoey

Maybe he said it because he was no longer getting maximum return and wanted out of the contract.

I heard it live and thought to myself at the time.

"How's it feel to shoot yourself in the foot, Hank?"

Regardless though, he's wealthy enough to not care, ain't he?

Gretchen sure covered Fox pretty fast didn't she? I imagine the guys in the engineer booth were crapping and falling all over themselves trying to get to the dump button.
edit on 3-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxJoey

Instead, ESPN announced on Monday afternoon that the famous “Are You Ready for Some Football?” intro will not be part of tonight’s Monday Night Football broadcast after Williams made comments likening President Obama to Adolf Hitler

What does this have to do with freedom of speech? ESPN canned him, not the FBI. ESPN is a sports-centric channel and as such, they need to keep as distanced as possible from inflammatory remarks like that.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm not too worried about 'ol Hank. I am pretty disappointed that he is being censored like this.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The obama administration is going after companies that speak ill of him . e.g. ford....Maybe espn is covering their butt so they don't get attacked by the government. This is the end of freedom of speech in this country

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by JaxJoey

What does this have to do with freedom of speech? ESPN canned him, not the FBI. ESPN is a sports-centric channel and as such, they need to keep as distanced as possible from inflammatory remarks like that.

it was instead

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxJoey

Freedom of speech was not effected here. We have a freedom to say what we want. We just have to accept the consequences. The consequence for letting his dumb redneck side show is not having his song on this week.

And seriously...why did fox have him on? I can't imagine he contributed a single thing to a news show.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How is this any kind of a violation of free speech? Answer - It's not. At all.

Additionally, it was obvious that he didn't have anything of value to say. Everything had to be dragged out of his smarmy mouth, and what came out was cookie cutter garbage designed for the lowest common denominator.

What a dope.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
the point is you can not talk about the man

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
He probably connected Obama to Nazi pat downs etc... ESPN has been infiltrated by the TSA Nazi's too.

Football officially suxs now, I will never go to a game and bend over for those Nazi's///

edit on 3-10-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It is a freedome of speech issue when it comes to this man. He even has a website where you can report people who say bad things about him. He is known to have a enemies list. What else is there to say about it? Don't be deluded into thinking it's business as usual in this country because it's not. Other announcers in the past on espn have made anti-Bush comments and didn't get fired or face any repurcussions.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxJoey

You can say whatever you want about any man you wish.

ESPN was at no risk of the government hurting them, they just thought it was stupid and he needed to know he represents them to an extent, so he needs to toe some sort of line. Just like I do when I'm at work etc etc.

Also, ESPN knows politics needs to stay away from their sports. Sports fans don't want to hear that crap. They want to see sports.

Everything isn't an attack on freedoms or part of some scheme.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is one sure-fire way that you can tell that someone has absolutely positively no I idea what freedom of speech is -- If the claim that someone has had their freedom of speech violated.

You have the freedom to wear any silly hat you have I have the freedom, no I have the duty to laugh my ass off and point and giggle.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What a stupid over-reaction.

He didn't even call Obama Hitler, which is what I expected before seeing the video.

Good grief...

edit on 3-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well yes...he did.

You know it's bad when the Fox and Friends crew is offended about your remark about Obama.

He is getting what he deserves...if you act stupid...you suffer the consequences.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hank Jr wasn’t comparing Obama to Hitler.He was pointing out the pointlessness of that round of golf between Obama and Boehner, which solved nothing.Over reaction out of fear.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by loam

Well yes...he did.

No he didn't.

HANK WILLIAMS: Remember the golf game?

STEVE DOOCY: Boehner?

HANK WILLIAMS: That was one of the biggest political mistakes ever.

CO-HOSTS: Why?

HANK WILLIAMS: That turned a lot of people off. You know, watching, you know, it just didn’t go over.

GRETCHEN CARLSON: You mean when John Boehner played golf with President Obama?

HANK WILLIAMS: Oh, yeah! Yeah. And Biden and Kasich, yeah. Uh-huh.

GRETCHEN CARLSON: What did you not like about it? It seems to be a really pivotal moment for you.

HANK WILLIAMS: Come on. Come on. It would be like Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu, OK?

There's a material difference between an analogy focusing on the absurdity of two extremes playing a game of golf and an accusation that the president is like Hitler...

The reactions to his statements are moronic, infantile, and contrived, imo.

edit on 3-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join