It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Issues Threat - NYSE Will Be Erased From The Internet - (potential hoax)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Shaade - I gave you a star. The first star I have given on Above Top Secret.
I did not give it to you just because you supported me - I am far more secure in myself than that - as I susect are you.

I gave you a star for staying above the hate - for staying on topic - for remaining coherent and for defending youself from a bully and not backing off.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by diddlydo
Everyone realizes if this were to actually occur it would cause our current econmic situation to get much worse. Imagine the great depression multiplied.

sometimes you gotta tear it all down before you can build it up again.

Ask any 9 year old with legos.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by diddlydo

I see your point sir, I really do. But the average American cant afford to "rent a politician" to actually write laws to help us like the corps. do. I would love to see a solution where every American can have a fair chance at making a good life for themselves. Sadly tho, laws are being written every day that hurts the low and middle classes and benefits the wealthy. We just cant compete on their terms. I would hate to see this country become like France was in the middle ages, before the French Revolution. Where only the elite were well fed and had a nice home, but sadly we are slowly getting there now. Theres so many Americans, inc. myself, that couldnt even go to the theater to watch one lousy movie and only $200/month in food stamps to be able to buy food. And Im one of the lucky ones that was able to get on foodstamps and I am truly blessed to have a family thats helps me.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

thank you for the star.
Like you Im only saying what I feel is right.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This could be something big if NYSE does not take proactive measures...

Think about it, anything and everything connected to the internet is in theory vulnerable to an attack. The only way to protect yourself is to be unplugged. There is no such thing as being connected and "safe." Don't bring up linux, don't bring up macs, windows machines are just attacked more because most people have them, and it's what you average hacker is used to.

Anon said in their news release that they'd erase the NYSE; not DDOS attack, there is a big difference, a DDOS attack is no worse than a thousand people trying to jam into a McDonald's at the same time, no one get's their burger, but the store is back open the next day.

Another thing to consider, the attack is already made, it is to late for the NYSE to do anything, because the virus is in place and dormant until the 10th.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
They need to wait until the 11th. I get my commission check on the 10th. Gotta go stock up on water, medicine, and food to wait out the virtually created apocalypse.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetterFromAThief
They need to wait until the 11th. I get my commission check on the 10th. Gotta go stock up on water, medicine, and food to wait out the virtually created apocalypse.

Your dreaming feAR monger!!!!!

Class warfare at its best!!
JUST AS BAD AS THE GOVERNMENT FEAR MONGERING FOR OIL!!!

You want to beat that drum you beat that drum

your no better then them!!!
edit on 4-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Lol, Someone needs their meds. I'm assuming your post was sarcasm? All those "!!!" are an eyesore.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by LetterFromAThief

Your dreaming feAR monger!!!!!

Class warfare at its best!!
JUST AS BAD AS THE GOVERNMENT FEAR MONGERING FOR OIL!!!

You want to beat that drum you beat that drum

your no better then them!!!
edit on 4-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Sir do you have anything intelligent to add to this topic or are you just practicing your trolling skills? First you attack me for stating what I believe and now you are attacking someone else. Sad just sad.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
We might soon be saying "The fall of wallstreet was an inside job. The fall of wallstreet was an inside job."

Because reall smart TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS are what RUN this country's infrastructure.
(I want to say hacker, but it now has too many negative connotations.)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I support anon 100%. Anon is everyone of us. It is the collective consciousness of the net and now ready to make a major move. Me gusta!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I am more inclined to think that Anonymous is going after their website.
That's nothing special.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Every government agency and many privet Internet security companies will be on the Internet connection for the NYSE ready to track these idiots.

What are they going to find but a bunch of script kiddies that got tricked by anonymous into trying to take down the NYSE.

yah anon is really anonymous in that they get other idiots to take the heat for them while they hide a pull the strings.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Another sheeple roundup is all this is, with another nail in the coffin of internet freedoms.

How many armchair dictators are gonna download their app and get caught this time?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There are other stock exchanges ---Chicago, San Francisco. Not to worry, the economy will not be hurt by a momentary loss of the NYSE. Heck, they take days off anyway. They'd probably like a little cooling off period in NY, and by turning off the NYSE, maybe there will be less interest in the Occupy Wall Street guys if no one is going to work.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing this. I'm not seeing this threat from any of their main outlets for dispersing their messages. The problem with ANON is that it doesn't really have one overall source, so it's easy for someone to claim that they are Anonymous, but actually aren't.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
I support anon 100%. Anon is everyone of us. It is the collective consciousness of the net and now ready to make a major move. Me gusta!

Anon is one of two things

1. A bunch anti social teens who got a hold of daddies gun and are shooting up the place.

2. a gov front to push the internet sensoring agenda......

Go ahead, try and take down the NYSE, Im PRETTY SURE it was there before the invention of the internet, and will exist if it were to come down.............

Do they honestly think they cant operate w out the net, that cracks me up, what do they think they did in the "dark ages" of telephones and paper?

Im sure theyve have a contengiency plan, any organization with that much money being passed back and forth does......

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Bottom Line: If this is on ATS then you cane be SURE it is no threat LOL. This website is only good for fearmongering and scare tactics (terrorism). Thats about it...nothing EVER predicted or discussed on here comes true.

And here you would be wrong:

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by Honor93

snip

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask members to keep an eye out for any significant quake activity in the region of Nth Afghanistan, especially around the Hindu Kush region and NW towards Tajikistan and over to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, which all border the Afghani region I mentioned. There was a mag 4.5 in the Hindu Kush region yesterday (ie Wednesday) and while it could be significant I am more concerned about potential events at least a mag higher.

Though this might seem totally unconnected to the current thread's main region of interest in California I can assure you that I've mentioned it for a good reason and it does relate. The explanation would take quite a while but I'll do that later if it turns out that a mag 5-plus quake occurs in that region within the next 72 hours. (Just btw, I know about the Mag 5.1 in Southern Xinjiang, China that occurred a few hours ago but it's the Afghan region that I'm more concerned about right now.)

Mike

Followed a little bit later by:

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by JustMike

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask members to keep an eye out for any significant quake activity in the region of Nth Afghanistan, especially around the Hindu Kush region and NW towards Tajikistan and over to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, which all border the Afghani region I mentioned. There was a mag 4.5 in the Hindu Kush region yesterday (ie Wednesday) and while it could be significant I am more concerned about potential events at least a mag higher.

Magnitude
Date-Time
Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 22:03:37 UTC
Friday, September 16, 2011 at 02:33:37 AM at epicenter
Depth
146.8 km (91.2 miles)
Region
HINDU KUSH REGION, AFGHANISTAN
Distances
79 km (49 miles) S of Faizabad, Afghanistan
136 km (84 miles) WNW of Chitral, Pakistan
152 km (94 miles) SW of Khorugh, Tajikistan
241 km (149 miles) NNE of KABUL, Afghanistan
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 15.7 km (9.8 miles); depth +/- 12.2 km (7.6 miles)
Parameters
NST= 43, Nph= 49, Dmin=246 km, Rmss=1.17 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=5
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0005vje

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The background for the prediction is summarized in this post, and then an in depth description can be found in this follow up post and the two following it.

So you may want to be careful before painting with too wide a brush...

Originally posted by Helig
snip

So far they have called their shots before swinging for the NYSE and Facebook, and after the loldust settles I doubt either target will have fallen, maybe then the credibility of Anon will finally be smashed beyond repair.
emphasis mine

Perhaps this is the aim?
edit on 4-10-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: more to the point

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Shaade

Originally posted by Amanda5
I personally don't worship money but the cabal/illuminati/whatever do - isn't that obvious? As for the DUMBS - when the time comes to take cover the last place I would want to be is underground - what if the doors became fused and no one could open them?

Much Much Much Peace...

I love how your mind works, lol
be careful I can see the evil streak coming out in you, lol

oh and regarding the DUMBs, we should wait till they are inside them THEN wield them shut and collapse all the exits. "Out of sight, out of mind" lol

So brilliant!!

RE-iterate what the other numbskulls are saying with a twist of deee deeee deeee!!!

THEN do it again!!!!!

Anything else to offer except for establishment BULL S**T>>>>??

ON THE CORPORATIONS SIDE I SEE!!!
edit on 3-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Do you have any idea how annoying you've become? You're not adding anything to threads, but instead just going around criticizing others people opinions, in an embarrassingly immature way, while not offering anything to the conversation.

People don't come on here to see little kids treating the forum like grade school.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Okay, I think I might have something to add here. Given that Anonymous is everyone and Anonymous is no one, then this could have quite literally come from anyone. In this case, I think it came from someone who has little understanding of precisely what is in place to insure it's impossible to do exactly this kind of thing.

Effective July 1, 2011, circuit breaker thresholds for the third quarter are as follows:

Level 1: if the DJIA drops 1,200 points before 14:00 (EST), trading will be halted for one hour. Should the drop occur between 14:00 and 14:30, trading will be halted for 30 minutes. Trading will not be halted if the drop occurs after 14:30.

Level 2: if the DJIA drops 2,400 points before 13:00, trading will be halted for two hours. Should the drop occur between 13:00 and 14:00, trading will be halted for one hour. Trading will be halted for the remainder of the day if the drop occurs after 14:00.

Level 3: if the DJIA drops 3,650 points, trading will be halted for the remainder of the day, regardless of when the drop occurs.

Source

Going by the above, and this helpful dose of advanced notice, the NYSE will likely change those triggers and insure that a 100% successful attack still does little to no damage to anyone involved. Of course, the best security and Hacker Hunters will now be sitting on the NYSE servers waiting like the proverbial cat patiently waiting for the mouse. I really don't see what the point of saying it, let alone actually attempting it is supposed to be? Perhaps Anonymous would be a bit better off with just a LITTLE leadership/control. Somehow...
edit on 4-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join