It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Issues Threat - NYSE Will Be Erased From The Internet - (potential hoax)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

NYSE is not the problem, the federal reserve system is. Go protest that!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

IF the hackers are able to bring down wall street then the government will push through legislation to kill the internet based using that as a reason just like they used 9/11 to push through the patriot act.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Maybe they could wreak havoc for a day but they(TPTB I suppose) would go in and figure out what they did, undo it and be back in business the next day. I don't think they can take it down. IMO

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OccupyPlanet

I agree Facebook has to go, right on Anonymous

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It ain't happening. It's just a bunch of teenagers talking #.

Thats why they have no website or way to contact them, so when they talk # like this, and Fail they can yell

"oh someone was impersonating us!"
"hoax"

yep...
Anonymous is not a legit threat at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Or consider this scenario: The US and World Economies are on the brink, as it is. Tomorrow Anon causes severe disruptions in the NYSE. They cause trading to halt for, oh say, 48 hours. When trading opens, stocks plummet and the DOW crashes, the circuit breakers throw, and all hell breaks loose overseas.

HangShen, London Exchange, Nikkei all plummet, again, breakers are thrown.

A week passes the markets stabilize. But before the feds can snag all involved, they do it again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, the half-wits occupying "Das Strasse" take a decidedly pernicious move and act out violently.

The Dow closes out the end of this little affair at 8500 or less and the Euro Zones freefall accelerates to such a degree that a crisis begins in Europe and.......(insert bad movie scenes)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hoax or not overseas markets will probably move away from US markets befor the opening.
nobody is going to play silly buggers with money anymore because the've lost so mutch of
it recently. could be a hoax but for anyone who loses money on the 10th will be out for blood.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I look forward to watching the morning CNN feed as they discuss the failure that is impending for Anon, as they went full-retard when they called the shot ahead of time. Unless they are sitting on a 0-day exploit (which I doubt) they aren't going to make much progress, as I suspect all the Security staff are on duty tomorrow just as a precaution.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Agreed. Unless, that's part of the strategy. Given the ties between the various hacker and cracker communities, how hard would it be to have people on the 'inside'. A backdoor here, a trojan overlooked there, an open port there, and BAM----catastrophe.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If this does down the obviously it would cause a whole heap of trouble for the average person, you would have to be a complete idiot to think with would benefit the average person. As people have said before, if it was genuine you don’t claim responsibility before the event. This means one of a few things…

1. The people genuinely planning this are idiots.

2. A big agency, perhaps even an overseas network is planning to wreak havoc.

3. Some people just created an elaborate hoax idea to fear monger.

Either way the stock exchange must have serious security; top notch considering certain countries could use a crash for major benefits so I don’t expect anon to have what it takes. If it does happen then I'm certain it is some form of government agency behind it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

Its a lot harder than you would think, given the nature of the systems they are constantly under attack and an open port or other existing leverage point would be discovered by competitors long before it could be leverages by Anon on their pre-determined day of attack. As for being on the inside tanking the stock market would be near treason and probably an offense that would find anybody on the inside at the end of a short rope and a long walk.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I am interested in your comment about warning of the event in advance - others within this thread have made the same comment.

I think it is brilliant to warn in advance - it is the exact opposite of everything the cabal/illuminati/whatever have done. Think about the Denver airport and the other 150 bunkers - did the regular populous know about these before they were built - no afterwards. Think about HAARP did anyone know they were going to be built - no only afterwards. I could continue but I wont.

Warning of an internet dis-connection or whatever they plan to do is wonderful. It is like a breath of fresh air in a world where anyone not connected to the cabal/illuminati/whatever gets to know about the event after decisions have been made by people with money and influence.

Whether the plan to bring down the internet is real or a hoax it certainly has shown me - via this thread - how people perceive their world.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So here we are the 10th... and they failed? Or it was merely a hoax?

Oh well... the day is not over yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I was listening to one of the clips from anonymous yesterday, and my husband walked in as I was listening to it.....
the first thing he said was that is jesse....(vantura)...he had now idea what I was listening to, but thought he recognized the voice...
and well, got to admit, it sounds like vantura!!

I've listened to a few clips from them, and they do sound like it's him...

so, well, got to ask....
anyone else wondering if anonymous is jesse vantura?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
So here we are the 10th... and they failed? Or it was merely a hoax?

Oh well... the day is not over yet.

Dropped by to say the same thing...?

(to be fair, Anon might have helped to assist in facilitating the Occupy movements in places beyond Wall St., soooooo...?!)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I thought it wasn't going to happen til 3:30 pm today? Not saying it's going to happen at all but I think it is suppose to be this afternoon. We'll have to wait to see what happens?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well the DJIA gapped up 100 points and is now up about 250-300 so it doesn't look like anyone is trembling in their boots.

I couldn't really understand the frenzy of posts suggesting that taking out the NYSE web site would crash the markets anyhow.

The markets will crash themselves without Anons help soon enough IMO. Let them crash and burn, and the whole monetary system with it. It's like ripping off a plaster, do it quick and the pain doesn't linger too long!
edit on 10/10/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well? Any new information on this? The markets will be closing soon.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ANONYMOUS seems to have taken down the NYSE website for one minute .. LOL Yup one minute. Maby slightlly longer but it seems to have been no big deal.

The website was slow and then unavailable from about 3:35 p.m. to around 3:37 p.m, after which it returned to normal. Keynote, a mobile and Internet monitoring company, confirmed that NYSE.com slowed down during that time. It also measured widespread disruptions to the site between 5:30 p.m. and 5:55 p.m. Another tracking site, AlertSite, measured "a definite increase in response times from 3:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET." After that, the site returned to normal. Monitoring site dow
nforeveryoneorjustme.com also registered a series of brief outages.

www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 10-10-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
ANONYMOUS seems to have taken down the NYSE website for one minute .. LOL Yup one minute. Maby slightlly longer but it seems to have been no big deal.

The website was slow and then unavailable from about 3:35 p.m. to around 3:37 p.m, after which it returned to normal. Keynote, a mobile and Internet monitoring company, confirmed that NYSE.com slowed down during that time. It also measured widespread disruptions to the site between 5:30 p.m. and 5:55 p.m. Another tracking site, AlertSite, measured "a definite increase in response times from 3:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET." After that, the site returned to normal. Monitoring site dow
nforeveryoneorjustme.com also registered a series of brief outages.

www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 10-10-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

It would have been better for them if they had just done nothing. Now this only proves anon is full of empty threats and have no business representing any movement of any kind. At least if they had done nothing, they could always save face and say the threat was made by someone else.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join