It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just recieved our first "smart electicity bill" as we knew it would be it is a shocker!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Ok sorry i didnt understand your circumstances.
disregard my ignorance and carry on .Good health to you and your family

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by MrSmokeydogg7
mines between 200 to 250 a month for a family of 4 im expecting it to be lower since we been running the ac less as it starts to cool down outside

We were expecting this bill to be much lower than the last bill, the opposite of that is what we got here.
Our last bill was for June and July and July was a record breaker for heat here.
We had the air on almost every day and night in July.
This bill was for August and September, Aug was warm but not hot it was actually very nice weather and we had the air on maybe 5 days in Aug.
Sept was actually cool and very wet, we have not run the AC since Aug.
Yet this bill was $70.00 more.
Regards, Iwinder

how do you have september's bill already? The meter would have had to have been read a few weeks ago, maybe two or three weeks ago? If it is like it is here. Is that bill not for July/august?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Let's not forget that we all received a 'gift' so that when this does take effect, the 'gift' would help offset the cost we would incur. They know that everyone's bill will be higher. These smart meters are computing right now for the first time in my neck of the woods in Southwestern Ontario, to appear on the November bill, so as far as i can tell unless they are turning them on community by community, you ain't seen nothing yet! This warning is on commercials being broadcast on media in my area and started the beginning of October. The problem as i see it is that, it is an inconvenience to unplug all those phantom power devices, i mean, i might try, but that is not to say that all in the house would remember to disconnect from the wall every time you use something, cell phone charger, coffee pot, radio. Anything that has a clock or a light is going to be registering and using phantom power. Maybe we need to tell these manufacturers to stop making devices that drain power even when not in use or put an on/off switch on them. This is not going away and it is going to require some serious monitoring. Oh well i hope the're happy... more money for utilities, less to spend somewhere else i guess. They won't be happy until we have nothing left and all the money we make is delegated to food, gas, utilities, mortgage payments, taxes and insurance. And by the way it is dark a 7am and getting dark at 7pm now, I'll be darned if i am going to sit in the dark til they decide that is ok to turn off or to turn on my lights. Oh yeah, they are calling for a colder than normal winter too, yipee!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by Iwinder

Ok sorry i didnt understand your circumstances.
disregard my ignorance and carry on .Good health to you and your family

No problem and thanks, I don't like to advertise the fact that I am sick but when necessary I will do so.
No offense taken and have a good night there.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
how do you have september's bill already? The meter would have had to have been read a few weeks ago, maybe two or three weeks ago? If it is like it is here. Is that bill not for July/august?
Please give me some slack here, why do you suppose they are called "smart meters" ? hmmmmmm.
They drive down the street reading meters and never even slow down, as they drive the readings are downloaded and sent in the mail the second they cruise by your home.
They read our meter at the end of September and we got the bill two days later........That is how it works now.
I wish to god you would read up on these meters and then it would save me a whole lot of explaining here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Thanks for the input, great post and I could not agree more with you there.
I warn you now that your bills are going up up up and no end in site.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Please give me some slack here, why do you suppose they are called "smart meters" ? hmmmmmm.
They drive down the street reading meters and never even slow down, as they drive the readings are downloaded and sent in the mail the second they cruise by your home.
They read our meter at the end of September and we got the bill two days later........That is how it works now.
I wish to god you would read up on these meters and then it would save me a whole lot of explaining here.
Regards, Iwinder

you could do with some reading up on it too, so no need to be so rude that i am asking questions. In fact, no one drive anywhere far as i can tell. looks like data is sent to collecting boxes and the boxes transmit the data to the utility company. so no one goes driving around, not slowing down.
Chill out. I am just trying to get to the bottom of this subject of smart meters. I am sure they will be coming here soon, would be nice to feel a bit prepared for it. But again, third time i have said this, you are just not being very helpful.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt93
The big thing as stated in the bill the OP listed was the debt reduction. The debt that Ontario hydro accumulated has been paid off for 2-3 yrs now but we continue to pay into it. That is another thing the PC party wants to end.

Ah, the big scary Ontario Hydro debt. That was the reason for the Harris tories to start screwing with the system.

I still can't believe voters fell for that in such huge numbers. The debt was effectively a mortgage. It was manageable, and in no danger of being defaulted on.

What Ontario did with Hydro was akin to you selling your house because your mortgage principal was triple your annual income - and then renting the same house back from the new owners at a higher monthly rate.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way back. The days of cheap electricity are gone. But when you're voting, remember that Hudak was one of the people responsible for starting this mess...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

I told you how they work and how they operate but yet you keep nitpicking at me here, I offered links and even then it is not good enough for you.
I can't do any more here, have you even read the other posts that scream out "this is a scam"?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

I am sure they will be coming here soon, would be nice to feel a bit prepared for it. But again, third time i have said this, you are just not being very helpful.
First off to prepare you for the smart meters you must listen here grasshopper,
I have been more than helpful and anyone whom is really concerned with the smart meters would have said by now " WOW thanks I never knew that"
I have told you how they read the meter and get the bill to you in two days, I have told you with links provided how they are screwing us and the cost is sky high now.
The great majority on this thread are agreeing or learning how we are getting screwed here.
Actually I just went through the thread post by post and it is 93 % in agreement that yeah we are getting screwed by these bloody meters.
Please quit trolling this thread if you have nothing to offer.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What I am correlating with the installation of smart meters here in my city in Ontario, is that in the last two years (when they started to REALLY push these things onto everyone) my HEALTH has been degrading rapidly. I used to be in military shape, now I can hardly pick up my 12 lbs cat some days. My muscles, joints, and feels like bones even ACHE PAINFULLY non stop... I wonder if this correlation is equal to causation. I cannot prove it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

wow - you really are a piece of work, you know that? You have to lose the attitude. You claim you have been nothing but helpful to me, and that I am nitpicking??? I asked the obvious question and the only one that matters in this type of situation:
what was your usage and cost for the same dates last year. You will not provide that. How am I to know what kind of an impact this smart metering has of you wont give the comparison info. It isnt as though it is hard. It is right there on your bill. The fact that you wont give it makes me think that you are perhaps overstating your case here. What other reason would you have for not giving last years info??
As for your links. I looked yes. And for every person out there that i found complaining about the smart metering, I found one person that said their bill was either the same as previous years or a bit lower, or some saying it went up but by a very tiny amount. So i wanted more information. Your attitude all throughout has been pretty bad, TBH. You sidestepped my question repeatedly and were rude in your replies. At this point I dont even care what your bill was last year. And IF your bill this year is higher, maybe that is kharma...good luck with that.
Chill and calm down, lose the condescening demeanor.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Well said my friend, I don't like where this is going either here.
This is going to be one expensive ride to the moon.
It is nice to hear from people who know what is going on here and what is going to happen in the future.
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join