It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just recieved our first "smart electicity bill" as we knew it would be it is a shocker!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by InshaAllah
its from the smart meters they are installing everywhere. soon to be here in america

Is this that proposal aka threat...that if you don't comply, there will be vans traveling about with x-ray equipment to look into your home to see if you're complying?
I might not be explaining it properly but.....let me ask it this way: Were you forced to switch?

I think what I am thinking of is over in the UK.

I'll see if I can find it on my computer and will post it.

if you didnt stop the switch at the exact moment theychanged them you are stuck with it. and yes they have xray equipment as you say it, but it will probably be seen by a small single engine white plane flying over several times a day. if your using to much electricty or say the neighborhood is usign to much electricity they can shut down electrical devices in your home like refrigerator, microwave, electricity, I am evenunder the impression they can hear and seeus with this technology. wait for the next moves, the gas meters and the water meters, also they will try to put a meter on your well, dont let it happen you have a say in it ifyou areere when they try to install then. I been fighting for 4 months with thesea a(r)sses

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

God help us here then, thanks for the input and warning.
I hope you guys can manage those rates, that is just outrageous!
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

my home work is not math. My math skills are above average. Again you are just dodging my question. Maybe you misunderstand what I am saying here. I am saying that despite what you may THINK is your usage, your ACTUAL usage is dependant on a number of things, seasonal being a VERY big factor. For example if I set my thermostat to 20 degrees and leave it there for twenty four hours this week, it will use only a portion of the energy that it will if i set it the same way next month. Sure, I can say my furnace has been set to the same temp both times, but the amount of energy it is using to maintain that temp is different. So maybe you think that this bill should be LESS than your last bill, but you are comparing apples to oranges here. You need to compare apples to apples to get the most accurate comparison. EI october 2010 compared to october 2011. Even then there will be slight variations. depending on what the seasonal values were for last year. But it will be a more accurate assessment. Just saying that july-august is more expensive than may-june doesnt tell me enough to really give your case much thought at this point. sorry if you are not seeing my point. I assure you it has nothing to do with MY math skills.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
reply to post by Iwinder

my home work is not math. My math skills are above average. Again you are just dodging my question. Maybe you misunderstand what I am saying here. I am saying that despite what you may THINK is your usage, your ACTUAL usage is dependant on a number of things, seasonal being a VERY big factor. For example if I set my thermostat to 20 degrees and leave it there for twenty four hours this week, it will use only a portion of the energy that it will if i set it the same way next month. Sure, I can say my furnace has been set to the same temp both times, but the amount of energy it is using to maintain that temp is different. So maybe you think that this bill should be LESS than your last bill, but you are comparing apples to oranges here. You need to compare apples to apples to get the most accurate comparison. EI october 2010 compared to october 2011. Even then there will be slight variations. depending on what the seasonal values were for last year. But it will be a more accurate assessment. Just saying that july-august is more expensive than may-june doesnt tell me enough to really give your case much thought at this point. sorry if you are not seeing my point. I assure you it has nothing to do with MY math skills.

No doubt your math is better than mine my friend, let me say one more time here.....ALL our appliances are gas and our furnace is gas......the only electrical we have is the air conditioning (central) the microwave, and this computer, and of course the light bulbs.
With two people where does a hundred dollar increase come from?
I hope you took the time to read the links I provided in my OP.
I mean no disrespect here but I have lived in this home for almost 20 years now and I know damn well what is a normal bill and what is an abnormal bill big time.
I speak the facts here.
Thanks for the reply and Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by lbndhr

Regards, Iwinder

we actually cant handle these rates, that is one weeks unemployment check for us, we are going to have to rent it out to, I hate saying this either a border patrol family or a homeland security family, where i live is outsdie of the town nearer to the border and the border check areas. it is bsically only rentalble to them. no one in town wants to drive the 26 miles each way everyday to get to work. But on the upside it is forcing us out of tis rediculously high unemployment area that if your not the right skin color you are nto getting a job area. we are analyzing the states adn cities unemployment data before we leap here, but soon very soon we will have to move out.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

ok, i have better things to do than argue with anyone here tonight. you posted your issue, i tried to get the necessary information i needed to discuss your thread with you. What more can i say. As i said, just because you do not understand my reasons for asking does not make me wrong. Carry on with your pointless thread if you must, I am off.
And when i say pointless, i mean it. You posted a thread and refused to provide relevant information that would possibly help you in building your own case here. boy, talk about uncooperative.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

ok, i have better things to do than argue with anyone here tonight. you posted your issue, i tried to get the necessary information i needed to discuss your thread with you. What more can i say. As i said, just because you do not understand my reasons for asking does not make me wrong. Carry on with your pointless thread if you must, I am off.
And when i say pointless, i mean it. You posted a thread and refused to provide relevant information that would possibly help you in building your own case here. boy, talk about uncooperative.

in his OP he stated what he uses and how he realizes the summer rates are higher and it is higher then normal if you read his OP with maybe more open mind? I udnerstood every word of it and he answered hwat you keep asking already in OP

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

Good night there and I truly mean that, thanks for the input and it does give me thought but does not change my bills here.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am sorry but something is not quite right. Number one I live alone and three loads of laundry a week for just myself would not suffice. I already have heard the doom and gloom of smart meters. One has already been installed on my home in Ohio USA and my bill has not risen that much over last year. I t gives the power company the ability to read the meter remotely and I think to turn it off and on remotely as they had stated that it would.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

no, the OP did not answer my question. My question was very specific and remains unanswered. But thanks for the input.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
I am sorry but something is not quite right. Number one I live alone and three loads of laundry a week for just myself would not suffice. I already have heard the doom and gloom of smart meters. One has already been installed on my home in Ohio USA and my bill has not risen that much over last year. I t gives the power company the ability to read the meter remotely and I think to turn it off and on remotely as they had stated that it would.

Hey thanks for the input, I will tell you we are both over 50 years old.
I am disabled and do not work so I am home all the time, how much laundry is that?
You have no idea unless you are home all the time, the wife works full time and that is 5 outfits a week tops, the rest of the time its jeans and tees.
Our washer is energy star rated and water saver rated too, also hold mega loads as in size.
Now do you have something to offer to the thread or are you just being a "Picture or it didn't happen" type of ass?
I have posted more info on this thread than I probably should have here.
You offer what?
Questioning my laundry and that will save us 100 bucks .........GO HOOOOME
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
perhaps post your bill. with name and account etc. blocked out and show us your usage and cost this year versus last That is the only way you can substantiate your claim so that we might understand. In common terms pictures or it didnt happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by C

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by lbndhr

Regards, Iwinder

we actually cant handle these rates, that is one weeks unemployment check for us, we are going to have to rent it out to, I hate saying this either a border patrol family or a homeland security family, where i live is outsdie of the town nearer to the border and the border check areas. it is bsically only rentalble to them. no one in town wants to drive the 26 miles each way everyday to get to work. But on the upside it is forcing us out of tis rediculously high unemployment area that if your not the right skin color you are nto getting a job area. we are analyzing the states adn cities unemployment data before we leap here, but soon very soon we will have to move out.

I feel for you there, myself I am on disability so my income is very low and that is why I notice things like a change in our bills here.
Every dollar counts and I count them all here!
Good luck to you there lbndhr
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You made this thread. What exactly was the reason? Was it smart meters? OK show us a comparison. I f you can offer no comparison, where is your proof. If it is just ranting about your electric bill then put it in the rant section. For you to just assume that we will discuss this seriously just on your say so is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

perhaps post your bill. with name and account etc. blocked out and show us your usage and cost this year versus last That is the only way you can substantiate your claim so that we might understand. In common terms pictures or it didnt happen.

I have offered enough here and if you just happened to read the OP I was asking for others here to chime in with their stories and opinions.
I know we are paying much more here and if you argue that point that is fine, but please don't question my math or my ability to see an increase of almost 100 bucks in one bill here, matched by no other increase ever in almost 20 years.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You made this thread. What exactly was the reason? Was it smart meters? OK show us a comparison. I f you can offer no comparison, where is your proof. If it is just ranting about your electric bill then put it in the rant section. For you to just assume that we will discuss this seriously just on your say so is ridiculous.

Deep breath here......ahhh thats better, ok I am upset after getting this bill and i do understand what you are asking.
I cannot offer any more than I have other than scanning my bill and putting it up here for all to see.
One question for you sir/maam did you read the links I put up on the first page?
The first link is one of Canada's most prestigious newspapers and that link explains a lot here.
The second link I put up was the Ontario Governments side of things, I put that up to show both sides of the story.
I simply am speaking the truth and we are all going to pay serious money from now on just to stay warm and do laundry.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
ok deep breath. I have a smart meter. It has the ability to be read remotely. It is also my understanding that it can be turned on or off remotely, thus saving the power company on man hours. I and everyone else around here am charged kwh (kilowatt hours used] My parents do not have a smart meter. They are charged the same rate as me. (they live a few hundred feet from me) The rising cost of electricity is just like the rising cost of everything else. We tend to notice more because it is a monthly billing. I have checked my usage from last year to this year and my increase in cost was due to price per kwh not the smartmeter. That is why I challenged you to prove it was the smart meter and and not just the rise in price as everyone with or without a smart meter is paying. My milk cost more this year too but it is not because my grocer installed a new cooler!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

ok deep breath. I have a smart meter. It has the ability to be read remotely. It is also my understanding that it can be turned on or off remotely, thus saving the power company on man hours. I and everyone else around here am charged kwh (kilowatt hours used] My parents do not have a smart meter. They are charged the same rate as me. (they live a few hundred feet from me) The rising cost of electricity is just like the rising cost of everything else. We tend to notice more because it is a monthly billing. I have checked my usage from last year to this year and my increase in cost was due to price per kwh not the smartmeter. That is why I challenged you to prove it was the smart meter and and not just the rise in price as everyone with or without a smart meter is paying. My milk cost more this year too but it is not because my grocer installed a new cooler!

good points, don't forget that you inhale milk through the mouth and out the nose, LOL
Serious now ......I hear what you are saying and it makes sense but tell me where does 100 buck increase come from in the first bill you get with a smart meter reading versus the last bill we had that included at least one month of air conditioning almost constant for 30 days?
Did you read those links from the first page?
Thanks for the reply, Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just asking but cant yopu at least look at yer bill to see what last years period of billing cost?
it usually somewhere on the bill...at least bc hydro gaphs yer 12 month usage for you on their bills.
The total KWH seems excessive at over 2000kwhr for jus 2 months billing
Do you pump water from a well for irrigation?even watering the lawn by pwump can cost $
Please research yer usage a little better for exact figures or we will never know how much the meter switch has added to the total....just sayin..............

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The only way to compare your bills is to look at the kWh charge.
Such as on my bill I'm charged at $0.073 per kWh plus $9 base charge.

The way that smart meters work is that they charge you more during "peak" hours. So like during the day you're getting charged at $0.14 per kWh where as at night you might only be getting charged at $0.07 per kWh.

1,184.00 kwh at tier 1 charge cost =$80.51
1,292.12 kwh at tier 2 charge cost =$102.08

Assuming that the base charge isn't included you're looking at

Tier 1 = $0.072 per kWh
Tier 2 = $0.079 per kWh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join