It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better than a Hummer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's the Humdinga!

Located at www.aquada.co.uk...

I recently found this site with some great aquatic vehicles. I found this one to be pretty amazing. Might be a good replacement vehicle for some special forces.

Gibbs Technologies has launched its 'Humdinga' concept vehicle - a full time four wheel drive High Speed Amphibian (HSA). Powered by a 350 BHP engine, the 5-seater 'Humdinga' is capable of travelling on land at 100 mph and on water at 40mph.

Although the new application utilises the same patented HSA technological platform as the Gibbs Aquada, it shares no common component parts or systems with its predecessor. It has been designed specifically to access remote and hostile terrain. The Gibbs Humdinga can comfortably transport 5 people complete with luggage/supplies on at least twice as much of the world�s surface as previous vehicles.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A brick on a go kart would be better than a Hummer

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Nothing's better then a Hummer

Nudge, Nudge

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Nudge, Nudge

Yeah a brick on a go kart

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

Nudge, Nudge

Perv.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Super most bitchin' excellent link to that aquada thing...I want one!!

No wait, I want two, two of each!

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Last time I checked, a hummer is a brick on a go-kart, can't get much better than that can ya?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Last time I checked, a hummer is a brick on a go-kart, can't get much better than that can ya?

Shattered OUT...

Never seen a brick that looks like a hummer.You must have some strange looking buildings there.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by weirdo

Nudge, Nudge

Perv.

Yer the only one who got it.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Man, I really want an amphibious racing motorbike, oh and I want it to fly too, oh and .....hang on wait, flash backs to the show MASK.

Odd

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That thing reminds me of a vehicle from the Secret Weapons of WWII expansion for Battlefield 1942... the German forces got an amphibious jeep-type thing.

Of course, it wasn't particularly effective on either land or water, but you know. The cool factor makes up for that, I guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A cool design but the price really makes it not pratical. This thing probably caost like a million dollars notice no price on his site. I remember seeing the guy that made the car version on a show. The things price was crazy it was like you could either buy this thing or a Ferrari Enzo. Im mean sure its cool to be able to drive on water but what would you rather be seen in?

[edit on 29-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The old British three quarter tonners were much prized and far more rugged than the Hummer. Some Americans even "appropiated" them as scout or command vehicles.

The mistake that 4 wheel drive vehicles can go anyplace! Civilians especially,watching these "muckers". Until some suggestable rich man's son up here,slightly under the influence,bought a civilian jeep, and immediately,without even bothering to insur it,drove it straight onto the highway and into the culvert, stuck there, within sight of the dealership (said police).

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
do you need boat or motor insurance for that thing??

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Nudge, Nudge

A good old fashioned cj-5,cj-6, or cj-7 would be much better than a hummer. The hummer is far too wide to make it on most trails, it certainly is too wide for going up river beds, wadis, washes, and arroyos. It is also too wide for driving between trees in heavily forested areas.....If you only want to stay on roads, then you are good to go with a hummer.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
A cool design but the price really makes it not pratical. This thing probably caost like a million dollars notice no price on his site.

A lot of that is to recover research costs I would think.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Nudge, Nudge

A good old fashioned cj-5,cj-6, or cj-7 would be much better than a hummer. The hummer is far too wide to make it on most trails, it certainly is too wide for going up river beds, wadis, washes, and arroyos. It is also too wide for driving between trees in heavily forested areas.....If you only want to stay on roads, then you are good to go with a hummer.

Maybe I'm not talking about trucks.

But seriously, I took the one I drove in the service some places you would not believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This car is better than a hummer and aquada combined

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
This car is better than a hummer and aquada combined

I have read about this car for quite some time. A 16 cylinder quad turbo engine. When it was first talked about its top speed was estimated at about 250MPH
thats insane why not just put wings and a jet engine on that dam thing. Though I doubt it can really go that fast I would say 230-240 is a more real bet. As the McLaren F1 has not yet been dethroned as topspeed champ which officially clocked up 240 mph,with a disabled rev-limiter.

Your right the Bugatti Veyron, is better than a hummer and aquada combined

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Another amph. car.

Link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join