It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugely embarrassing: Daily Mail jumps gun on "Amanda Knox guilty" story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hugely embarrassing: Daily Mail jumps gun on "Amanda Knox guilty" story

www.malcolmcoles.co.uk

I'm not sure it gets more embarrassing than this for a news site. In their attempt to be first with the verdict on Amanda Knox, the Mail Online published it's pre-written story the moment the judge said the word guilty.

Like many people, the Mail was caught out by the judge finding her guilty of slander - before clearing her of the murder. At the sound of the word "guilty", they hit publish on a story that includes reactions from the family and prosecutors being delighted - reactions that can't have happened as she was NOT guilty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Haha talk about jumping the gun, fake quotes and fake descriptions about what 'happened' are even included in the article. Shows up the media for what they are.

Done this to try and get one over on the other news sites and be at the top of the list in Google no doubt. They wernt the only ones though 'The SUn' are also guilty (pun intented) as are sky news of doing the samething. Just the didnt include all the fakeness in their storys

www.malcolmcoles.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
what a well deserved blow for the Daily Fail

edit on 3-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Still people trust the MSM???

Good post OP S&F
Thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

The true story is the victim. You know the dead person. If this woman was in on the murder, what about the poor victims family watching her get away with it?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The one who confessed and who's dna is all over the crime was sent to jail before this, they had no right to even be putting her through this court case, and the charge of guilt on the lesser charge was to try to cap her counter suing for all the time she spent in jail while they had to have been pursuing the real killer. INSANE. I would still be suing and this shows how absolutely corrupt the legal system, they just use scape goats to appease the public.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

And what if she was innocent? Innocent people get accused of crimes all the time, some even get convicted and spend their entire life in jail or murdered by the state.
edit on 10/3/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its not called the daily fail for nothing.

I just skip any article that has the fail as a source on here.

Its the UKs version of Fox news, anything from it should be ignored.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I applaud that rag known as the DM. It's common knowledge newsrooms write obituaries for aging popular figures, celebrity drug abusers (age doesn't matter) and those folks who editors believe may be passing away soon. HOWEVER. The DM took the time to frame-out an important story, the journos built the skeleton with fake quotes and such while tacking-on previously written material as there's no need to reinvent the wheel each similar story. No tongue in cheek here, the DM may have hit the "publish" button too quickly, but all it proves is they do their homework and are prepared for breaking news. It's a competitive thing, and the DM aced it.

(Side note: I believe the DM is the 4th most trafficked news site in the US - thanks to non-other than Matt Drudge!).

Love it the readiness here.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sky News did exactly the same thing.

Their Breaking News stated that Amanda Knox had lost her appeal.

Oh, hang on a minute, no, no she didn't, she is being released, but has to pay 22,000 euros for slandering the Police, which was the only Guilty verdict upheld.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just another reason to avoid that toilet paper of a fascist rag.

Vile.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Knox found Innocent..
Daily mail found Guilty..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

As a newbie here, could you tell me what MSM means please?

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelchildoflight2011
reply to post by HumansEh

As a newbie here, could you tell me what MSM means please?

Thanks!

My Summer Madness.

Only kidding, it means Main Stream Media. Peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelchildoflight2011

Miserable Soulless Media...

nah just kidding Main Stream Media I believe...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's good stuff.
So the judge read the verdict on lesser charges first I guess and that made them jump the gun?
In the U.S. the start with the biggest charge and then go down (at least from what cases I have seen). Do they do that in the UK as well?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelchildoflight2011

Monkeys slinging muck.
edit on 3-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Blaine91555

And what if she was innocent? Innocent people get accused of crimes all the time, some even get convicted and spend their entire life in jail or murdered by the state.
edit on 10/3/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

Could be. Up to the courts to decide. My point was actually about the attention from people assuming this person innocent when they could not possibly know one way or the other. How must the victims family feel about this circus?

Heck there is a thread today trying to turn Charles Manson into a victim.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Boy, the state of the British press is worse than America's.

That's no easy feat.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Holy crap just imagine if this happened with the Casey Anthony case...

News: 'We find her 'Guilty''
Newsroom: 'Let's give ourselves a pat on the back everyone' *sound of champagne bottles opening*
Viewers: 'Hooooooooooorayyyyyyyyyyyyyy - I knew I was right! Thank God the media was their to form help me form an opinion! I hope that bich gets raped with a toothbrush'

An hour, and 20 million Tweets and text messages later..

News: 'Oh wait... Guilty of lying to police.. And she goes free in a couple of days'
People: 'OMFG!!!!! That bich needs to die! Everyone find her and kill her! AHHHHHH'

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join