It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you fooling yourself ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If you have chosen not to believe Christ ever existed on this planet? That's ok with me.
As long as you can acknowledge that. But are you fooling yourself ?
So we can at least eliminate any replys, suggesting that I'm force feeding, my own beliefs
to anyone. I'm simply refuting, what some may actually believe, is the truth. That Christ
never existed. I, hopefully with the help of others, will deny this ignorance.

No doubt, many of you want to believe this, because it makes life easier
for you. Very weak, but I leave you to your ignorance. Or your welcome on this playground to
try and claim some of your own turf. But you must play nice. Just because I make reference
to a playground, doesn't mean you can be imature. Do not offend me or anyone else or
anyones beliefs or belief system. I will become the biggest rat on the planet and use the
alert button with malice and prejudice. I want to quell all attempts, of instilling fear in anyone,
who might want to post a reply and this is going to work in both directions with no sign of favoritism.

For those who want to know the truth of the manipulation, of what you believe, thru biased
propaganda in the absolutely, semetic owned media and entertainment industries. If you
have the slightest doubt in your mind ? If you at least have the sense to even wonder, " Are you
fooling yourself" ? You have several choices. To hang out, move on, or fly bys and drive bys, are good ways
to keep track of these goings on. Check back every once in awhile.

Or if you have any positive interests, or additions ? Please by all means. This topic I'm bringing
suggests, that there is a massive conspiracy, in main stream media and the entertainment industry
to influence everything you believe, or disbelieve, from Christ to homosexuality. Instead of doing all
the footwork myself, from the start. I'm going to be pointing to and presenting evidence for this conspiracy,
as we move along. Right in the midst of the rock and bottle throwing, from those with more secular
beliefs or disbeliefs. I emplore you to participate, with any facts, that you know of that will at least
expose this propaganda, beyond all doubt. So people will realise what the hell is really going on, when
they entertain themselves with, " Family Guy " or Bill Mahr, or "South Park", etc.

So let the games begin with this very simple fact. The calendar you look at every time you need the date,
is the only proof you need, to know that Christ lived and died, just as the gospels say he did. Christ is the
apex of time before and after his death. His death and resurrection are the centerpiece in the showcase
of history. Not only proving his existence, but also indicating that what he did for us, is the most important
thing to date in human history.
edit on 3-10-2011 by randyvs because: To correct typo.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Jesus Christ was a man.
He existed.

/

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Jesus is the single most documented person in history.

You just can't pretend he did not live.

It's a fact.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Jesus Christ was a man.
He existed.

/

Fair enough, I hope and encourage more participation.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Here is a link to a fairly decent rendition of the historical basis for many people's lack of belief that the man you call Christ ever existed:

Personally, I think that there WAS a guy named Joshua in Jerusalem, somewhere around the time that the Catholic Church professed, that taught a bunch of people some pretty cool stuff, like love your neighbor and such. I think that the message got mixed up with all kinds of political nonsense though, and now we have a religion that isn't any better than any other in history, as they all have been adulterated by political conspirators to manipulate and control the general populace.
Edit to add: Sorry for the length of the documentary. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, you can search for clips on youtube.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
So let the games begin with this very simple fact. The calendar you look at every time you need the date,
is the only proof you need, to know that Christ lived and died, just as the gospels say he did.

You're serious about this arent you?
I mean, you actually believe what you just wrote, dont you?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hey randy, great post. I would like to add a link for anyone who would like to see more evidence for christ existing. It also does good to debunk all of the christ-myth theories that have become popular as of late. most after reading will have to accept that christ did in fact, exist.

www.kingdavid8.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hello Randyvs,

I normally avoid religion and/or christianity threads but your op was nice to read.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus existed. There is quite a lot of evidence (some of them you stated in the OP) that he did walk the Earth.

There is no doubt in my mind that he must have been one heck of an individual. After all, our years do in fact follow him, so there has to be something there, wouldn't anyone think?

Unfortunately, following his demise, came the Roman Catholic Church. Which - in my opinion - is the biggest scandal in human history. They were and are everything Jesus stood against. Tragic, really.

I believe in his message of love. Of hope. Of life.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

is the only proof you need, to know that Christ lived and died, just as the gospels say he did. Christ is the
apex of time before and after his death. His death and resurrection are the centerpiece in the showcase
of history. Not only proving his existence, but also indicating that what he did for us, is the most important
thing to date in human history.
edit on 3-10-2011 by randyvs because: To correct typo.

Hmm.. okay... looking at the calendar:

Sunday (Sunna's Day - Germanic Goddess)
Monday (Mani's Day - Germanic God)
Tuesday (Tyr's Day - Germanic God)
Wednesday (Odin's Day - Germanic God)
Thursday (Thor's Day - Germanic God)
Friday (Frigga's Day - Germanic Goddess)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't doubt that christ lived and died... It's all the other "christian" bull#e that I have issue with. I have had quite enough of this we are right you are wrong I feel sorry for your lost soul crap. Jesus is dead... deal with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Personally, I think that there WAS a guy named Joshua in Jerusalem, somewhere around the time that the Catholic Church professed, that taught a bunch of people some pretty cool stuff, like love your neighbor and such. I think that the message got mixed up with all kinds of political nonsense though, and now we have a religion that isn't any better than any other in history, as they all have been adulterated by political conspirators to manipulate and control the general populace.

I certainly must give respect to your views of the Catholic church. I believe much of what you say here actually.
Your replys in opposition, for the most part, are worthy of respect.

Alfa1
Absolutely.
edit on 3-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

for you. Very weak, but I leave you to your ignorance.

No randy buddy, what is truly weak is going through life avoiding 'other paths' as it both conflicts and questions the one you are currently on.

And makes life easier..? I have the wonderful visual of the lights going out one day and they aren't coming back on; you have the wonderful visual of the pearly gates opening before you...yet, you state atheists have it easier..?

Ignorance truly is bliss...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Per the urantia book:

5. The Modern Problem

(2075.4) 195:5.1 The twentieth century has brought new problems for Christianity and all other religions to solve. The higher a civilization climbs, the more necessitous becomes the duty to “seek first the realities of heaven” in all of man’s efforts to stabilize society and facilitate the solution of its material problems.

(2075.5) 195:5.2 Truth often becomes confusing and even misleading when it is dismembered, segregated, isolated, and too much analyzed. Living truth teaches the truth seeker aright only when it is embraced in wholeness and as a living spiritual reality, not as a fact of material science or an inspiration of intervening art.

(2075.6) 195:5.3 Religion is the revelation to man of his divine and eternal destiny. Religion is a purely personal and spiritual experience and must forever be distinguished from man’s other high forms of thought, such as:

(2075.7) 195:5.4 1. Man’s logical attitude toward the things of material reality.
(2075.8) 195:5.5 2. Man’s aesthetic appreciation of beauty contrasted with ugliness.
(2075.9) 195:5.6 3. Man’s ethical recognition of social obligations and political duty.
(2075.10) 195:5.7 4. Even man’s sense of human morality is not, in and of itself, religious.

(2075.11) 195:5.8 Religion is designed to find those values in the universe which call forth faith, trust, and assurance; religion culminates in worship. Religion discovers for the soul those supreme values which are in contrast with the relative values discovered by the mind. Such superhuman insight can be had only through genuine religious experience.

(2075.12) 195:5.9 A lasting social system without a morality predicated on spiritual realities can no more be maintained than could the solar system without gravity.

(2076.1) 195:5.10 Do not try to satisfy the curiosity or gratify all the latent adventure surging within the soul in one short life in the flesh. Be patient! be not tempted to indulge in a lawless plunge into cheap and sordid adventure. Harness your energies and bridle your passions; be calm while you await the majestic unfolding of an endless career of progressive adventure and thrilling discovery.

(2076.2) 195:5.11 In confusion over man’s origin, do not lose sight of his eternal destiny. Forget not that Jesus loved even little children, and that he forever made clear the great worth of human personality.

(2076.3) 195:5.12 As you view the world, remember that the black patches of evil which you see are shown against a white background of ultimate good. You do not view merely white patches of good which show up miserably against a black background of evil.

(2076.4) 195:5.13 When there is so much good truth to publish and proclaim, why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact? The beauties of the spiritual values of truth are more pleasurable and uplifting than is the phenomenon of evil.

(2076.5) 195:5.14 In religion, Jesus advocated and followed the method of experience, even as modern science pursues the technique of experiment. We find God through the leadings of spiritual insight, but we approach this insight of the soul through the love of the beautiful, the pursuit of truth, loyalty to duty, and the worship of divine goodness. But of all these values, love is the true guide to real insight.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok, I will play. I do not believe that the person described in the Bible ever existed. Please tell me who you are talking about and what was his real name? Since you bring up the calendar and it is so important, what day was he born and what year? If you did not have a book that you were told to believe, on pain of eternal punishment (brain washing), why would it be important?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My friend,

Jesus existed but your own thread goes against your very beliefs. Jesus often spoke of faith, i urge you to take a closer look at yours. although i think your faith is high why use subterfuge in order to prove the masters existence.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I do believe that there is a conspiracy to control the orderly move to the New World Order .The people that are in complete control of the world are the ones that God chose so long ago.There is only one chosen people and it's not hard to see just who it is .They are at the head of every major financial institution , news, media as a whole , movie production , ACLU and Global Government position . The Fed ,World Bank and IMF are owned by them. These chosen people are in control of the world 's destiny and they probably don't even know whats coming as Judas didn't really know . But it's by the will of God that these people proceed as they do .And I know because it is these people that it's Gods promises being fulfilled .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by randyvs

for you. Very weak, but I leave you to your ignorance.

No randy buddy, what is truly weak is going through life avoiding 'other paths' as it both conflicts and questions the one you are currently on.

And makes life easier..? I have the wonderful visual of the lights going out one day and they aren't coming back on; you have the wonderful visual of the pearly gates opening before you...yet, you state atheists have it easier..?

Ignorance truly is bliss...

Where's that alert button ?

Face, very glad to see you post.

I've got something for you. I believe what you just wrote about the lights is absolutely going to be the truth.
You may go thru a short detour to experience judgement with the rest of us. But if I'm right it doesn't mean you
arn't. I know God to be merciful and I stand by that. Therefore although you may have to go thru seeing what you've missed out on. Eternal damnation is merely the second death. Which is exactly what you describe as the lights going out. As far as weak on my part ?

Why else would I feel I need Christ. I am weak.

Cheers my brother from a different mother
edit on 3-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
Ok, I will play. I do not believe that the person described in the Bible ever existed. Please tell me who you are talking about and what was his real name? Since you bring up the calendar and it is so important, what day was he born and what year? If you did not have a book that you were told to believe, on pain of eternal punishment (brain washing), why would it be important?

its not important but im playing too. LOL

he was born August 21, 7 B.C

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

its not important but im playing too. LOL

he was born August 21, 7 B.C

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

As far as I know there is no historical reference (outside of the Bible) to Jesus Christ whatsoever.
Would you mind to show me where Jesus is historically documented?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join