It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

symbols in money

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Before everyone kills me-- I relaize everyone here probably knows all the masonic symbols on a $1 bill.

My question is about the larger and newer bills. I have been looking at the 5, 10, and 20 dollar bill and there doesn't seem to be anything masonic or new world order on them. The only strange thing I know about the $20 is the 911 coincidence when you fold it. Does anyone know of any symbols on he newer bills? If there aren't any wouldn't that suggest that possibly there was masonic infuence in the past, but not anymore?




posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
New world order symbols...please show me where
The masonic symbols are only there because 54 of the founding fathers were freemasons (something like that, i recall reading it)



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
On the back it says "novus ordo seclorum". I am aware that literally it mean new worldy order or something like that. It's not exaclty new world order, but close enough.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The trillion dollar bill has a picture of a wild pig on it. If you look carefully, it almost looks like he's talking to you. If he offers to finance your next car, just ignore him . . . he's such a liar.



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
On the back it says "novus ordo seclorum". I am aware that literally it mean new worldy order or something like that. It's not exaclty new world order, but close enough.


New world order can mean numerous things, not a evil plot to take over the world. The reason why it says "novus ordo seclorum" is cause America was a new nation at the time and growing all the time, in a sense it was a new order, a new way of life



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Holly mergatroy your gona get a few hits from our in house Masons on this, I hope your ready, to rock your gona get your wrong show me sorry look at this Masonic link I have provided because you were to lazy to look it up before you made such an asinine comment





[edit on 27-8-2004 by Sauron]



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I was under the impression that meant -

New order without god. Or new secular order.

what does seclorum mean in latin?



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
Before everyone kills me-- I relaize everyone here probably knows all the masonic symbols on a $1 bill.

My question is about the larger and newer bills. I have been looking at the 5, 10, and 20 dollar bill and there doesn't seem to be anything masonic or new world order on them. The only strange thing I know about the $20 is the 911 coincidence when you fold it. Does anyone know of any symbols on he newer bills? If there aren't any wouldn't that suggest that possibly there was masonic infuence in the past, but not anymore?


Nothing Masonic on the new U.S. currency? Pull out a $100 bill, gaze into the wise eyes of Benjamin Franklin... a man of intellectual pursuits... diplomat... Mason.

Got a $20 bill? pull it out, gaze into the rabid orbs of Andrew Jackson, Old Hickory... hero... tough old coot... Mason.

Nah, there's nothing Masonic about the money *FNORD*



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunkbuster
I was under the impression that meant -

New order without god. Or new secular order.

what does seclorum mean in latin?


The correct translation is;
A new order of the ages

[edit on 27-8-2004 by infinite]



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
secular in our context is non religous am pretty sure. not sure what it is in latin, should know but cant remember

i think one of the things about that was that it also says in god we trust
hehe (on the note i mean lol)

rynaldo



[edit on 27-8-2004 by rynaldo82]



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
On the back it says "novus ordo seclorum". I am aware that literally it mean new worldy order or something like that. It's not exaclty new world order, but close enough.


A major motto of the enlightenment: go to the source.

I'll quote the article for you:



Great Seal Mottoes
Novus Ordo Seclorum
A New Order of the Ages

Beneath the pyramid on the reverse side of the Great Seal is the Latin phrase "Novus ordo seclorum." Charles Thomson chose this motto, probably borrowing it from Virgil, the famed Roman poet who lived in the first century B.C.

Virgil wrote the phrase "Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo" in the fifth line of his Eclogue IV. It has been translated in different ways, including:

A mighty order of ages is born anew.
The great series of ages begins anew.
The ages' mighty march begins anew.

Virgil's Fourth Eclogue expresses the longing of the world for a new era of peace and happiness.

"Now the last age by Cumae's Sibyl song has come and gone,
and the majestic roll of circling centuries begins anew . . .
the Iron age shall cease, the Golden race arise . . .
and shall free the earth from never-ceasing fear."

Thomson coined the motto: Novus ordo seclorum.
The accepted translation is: A new order of the ages.

Thomson explained:
"The date underneath [the pyramid] is that of the Declaration of Independence and the words under it signify the beginning of the new American ra, which commences from that date."

NOTE: Novus ordo seclorum cannot translate into "new world order."





posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
On the back it says "novus ordo seclorum". I am aware that literally it mean new worldy order or something like that. It's not exaclty new world order, but close enough.



It means out of many-one



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minor Illuminatos
It means out of many-one


Respectfully, MI, you are incorrect. The latin phrase of which you are thinking is e pluribus unem. And it means, "Out of the many, one" (note the comma).



posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy

Originally posted by Minor Illuminatos
It means out of many-one


Respectfully, MI, you are incorrect. The latin phrase of which you are thinking is e pluribus unem. And it means, "Out of the many, one" (note the comma).


Then ive been informed incorrectly thanks for the correction. But thats on the Bird seal isnt it? And Novus Ordor Seclorum means: a secular, heathenistic,ungodly, One World Government, One World Religion, One World Law System, ONe World Economic System, or N.l.E.O.(New international economic order. Maybe im wrong about that one 2

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Minor Illuminatos]



posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
DOH!!! There he was right in front of my nose. I was looking soo hard for hidden things i didn't see the big face staring right back at me. I could see an aguement that they were huge American figures and that's why they are on the bill. Then again i caould see that maybe they were only such big figures because they were masons. I don't know where this is going, it's late. But if that's it, wouldn't it suggest a lesser influence by the masons now than before.

I was told seclorum means worldly, like secular. so the phrase would mean something like new worldly order. I have also heard it meant order of the new ages, but i don't see how that works.



posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy



Great Seal Mottoes
Novus Ordo Seclorum
A New Order of the Ages

Beneath the pyramid on the reverse side of the Great Seal is the Latin phrase "Novus ordo seclorum." Charles Thomson chose this motto, probably borrowing it from Virgil, the famed Roman poet who lived in the first century B.C.

Virgil wrote the phrase "Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo" in the fifth line of his Eclogue IV. It has been translated in different ways, including:

A mighty order of ages is born anew.
The great series of ages begins anew.
The ages' mighty march begins anew.

Thomson coined the motto: Novus ordo seclorum.
The accepted translation is: A new order of the ages.

Thomson explained:
"The date underneath [the pyramid] is that of the Declaration of Independence and the words under it signify the beginning of the new American ra, which commences from that date."

NOTE: Novus ordo seclorum cannot translate into "new world order."





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join