It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush-type Christians out of CONTROL!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Religion is the reason for the majority of wars on this planet - I find it bizarre that US are trying to convert Muslims into christians. What is all this talk of the USA conquering Iraq - I thought they were there to find weapons of mass distruction and liberate the the Iraqi people.
What is wrong with America? - I cannot believe the US soldiers put up an American flag to hide the face of Saddam. How stupid and arrogant are they? They soon realised that this was an insane move and replaced it with an Iraqi flag. I just do not understand the mentality of these people.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
I am Catholic, and folks in the office are wondering why I took Friday off. So what. They don't know the aspects of my faith, & I'm fine with that.
Allowing preaching as part of US doctrine in a part of the world where fundametal gets one killed, is idiotic, short sighted and potentially catostrophic......par for the course of this pResident.

Is that so, B-T. You might be interested in the fact that you just lumped Bush in with the likes of Thomas Jefferson, who was all in favor of spreading the Gospel to the Native Americans.

You know that any attempt to spread the Gospel there is not going to work worth a hoot. If missionaries want to go over there, fine. If they get center-punched by a bullet, then that is what happens, there are risks involved and they are aware.

Abstract, what cult is this that Shrub belongs to that deals with human remains? I'd appreciate a little info. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ok Byrd, we're in the same situation. But me, I don't like that situation.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by britchick
Religion is the reason for the majority of wars on this planet - I find it bizarre that US are trying to convert Muslims into christians. What is all this talk of the USA conquering Iraq - I thought they were there to find weapons of mass distruction and liberate the the Iraqi people.
What is wrong with America? - I cannot believe the US soldiers put up an American flag to hide the face of Saddam. How stupid and arrogant are they? They soon realised that this was an insane move and replaced it with an Iraqi flag. I just do not understand the mentality of these people.

Quit repeating things that aren't true. Look and you'll see that worn out "Religion casues most of the Wars" line is incorrect. Second, the U.S. is not trying to spread Christianity over there, the Baptism was for American troops, and the evangelism will be attempted by non-governmental organizations, just as your country has the same type of missionary groups.

You don't understand the young Marine putting the American flag in the face of Saddam? You can't understand that kind of mentality? Its because you haven't tried. But its easy to sit in the quiet confines of your livingroom, read how that would botehr the Arab community, causing them to think that America is acting as a conquering nation and resent them. Much easier to act like an indignant member of the intelligencia that way, instead of being a ground-pounder that has just slugged his way to Baghdad because for the last 12 years Saddam has stuck his finger in the eye of the nation who stopped whipping has arse because he agreed to do things he never did. That young Marine was not making a statement to the Arab world, he was putting his colors in the face of the man that has caused him and his fellow Marines alot of grief. Anybody who tries to read any more than that is treating a private as if he is a policy-maker. That is what doesn't make sense. That is the mentality I do not understand.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Catholicism doesn't demand the world accept Islam or die. Catholicism was with this country in the beginning, and is part of the cultural makeup of the nation, as this nation was expected by the Founding Fathers to have a Judeo-Christian society. That doesn't mean you have to be Judeo-Christian, just assimilate into those morals, ethics and principles.

These organizations that plan on spreading the Gospel in Iraq, I wonder if they are mentally prepared for the response they will receive by the Shi'ites and Sunnis.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by Bout Time
I am Catholic, and folks in the office are wondering why I took Friday off. So what. They don't know the aspects of my faith, & I'm fine with that.
Allowing preaching as part of US doctrine in a part of the world where fundametal gets one killed, is idiotic, short sighted and potentially catostrophic......par for the course of this pResident.

Is that so, B-T. You might be interested in the fact that you just lumped Bush in with the likes of Thomas Jefferson, who was all in favor of spreading the Gospel to the Native Americans.

You know that any attempt to spread the Gospel there is not going to work worth a hoot. If missionaries want to go over there, fine. If they get center-punched by a bullet, then that is what happens, there are risks involved and they are aware.

Abstract, what cult is this that Shrub belongs to that deals with human remains? I'd appreciate a little info. Thanks!

I guess you've been ignoring all the post I have put on this board about Bush and his wicked family ties to Skull & Bones
www.digitalf8.com...

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well I think Saddam has caused more grief to the Iraqi people than the American people dont you?? So why wasn't it first covered with an Iraqi flag?
Also why has more of the colaission forces been killed by Americans than Iraqis?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As a vet, I have a few observations to make.

First of all, i am a pagan, not christian. I am relaly not against the religions of christianity and islam per se, except that too many fools following those religions have tried to forcibly convert by the sword anyone who disagreed. So, niether religion has been pure and innocent, but has a dark history of millions dying to spread each others ideals.

That said, its not like the muslims aint trying to convert us. When I was over in Saudi, the #ers actually tried converting me to islam. they assumed i was a christian, and tried that spin on me. It didnt work. I do remeber, in thier little cultural center, little bulleteins about working to convert the us soldiers to islam. So, muslims have thier own agenda too.

As for the chaplain, yeah, that is pretty sick. I can imagine, all those guys, just spent the last month with no showers, getting sand blasted from sand storms, little water, smelling like septic tanks, and this guy with 500 gallons of nice clean water...tells them a bath can be yours...........if u get baptized!!!! I am reminded of the bible story of Jacob and Esau, where esau, famished and hungry, is given a bowl of stew by his brother jacob, who takes advatage of his brother Jacob, who only gives it to Esau if he swears to give jacob his birthright. Perhaps this minitser needs to re read his own holy book.....or maybe he did....and thats where he got his sick idea. I can imagine, some soldiers will probably say screw this, and simply wait off in hopes of a shower. others will, think well, i doont really have to convert, ill just say it, get my bath, and get the hell out... others, will be emotionally weakened, homesick, and feeling disorientated, and will probably convert because after weeks of bloodshed, hate, and horrid conditions, some one is offering them some sort of peace. they will accept "the love of jesus" just like many homeless and lonely people convert. Hopefully, tho this asshole chaplian will get busted, tho its unlikely.

Id have to agree: the immigrants are iinvading Europe and spreading thier religion. Just because u dont pack guns and an air force dont mean u aint out to conquer. Christianity conquered rome without a sword. I was stationed in germany, i saw it too, mosques all over slowly replacing traditional germanic heritage. No one rails against this tho, after all, its only white people getting overrun, and we all deserve it, right?

Anyway, the christians will send missionaries to iraq, so what? iraq has christians there anyway. These evangelical christians, they are scary, the Billy grahm types. I was raised in that path, they are really scary people. Thats why i left. they are rabidly pro israel, almost cultilke....... thats what i think bush is into. Those are the same people that rever oral roberts, jimmy swaggert, pat robinson, ect...............scary scary scary. they will be lucky if the equally rabid muslim fundies dont rip them apart.

It really pissed me off, in the army., to discover that christians could all go to thier services, but pagan faiths, at the time, were not recognized, and we were denied a little time of our own for religious ceremony, mediation, or what not. The Buddists, which we had a few, felt the same. the Muslims were given thier time as well. So anything of christian/Jerwish/Muslim persuiasion is honored, anyone else is ....not legit???

<< 1   >>

join