It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama: America 'Not Better Off' Today than Four Years Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
President Obama: America 'Not Better Off' Today than Four Years Ago
I wonder why.....?

An underdog usually gets cheered. No one is cheering for you Mr. Obama, unless it's for you getting out of office.

The president calling himself the underdog is absurd, I'm surprised he didn't throw out the race card as well. What a horrible attempt to appeal to pity.

"Absolutely," he said in response to a question from ABC News' George Stephanopoulos about whether the odds were against him come November 2012, given the economy. "I'm used to being the underdog. But at the end of the day people are going to ask -- who's got a vision?"

He's still perpetuating that "Vision, Hope,Yes We Can" tomfoolery. Things haven't changed so much after all.He ends things on a bad note for calling himself the underdog. After week of thievery starting with the use of unconstitutional executive powers, he has the guts to blame everyone else for the mess we're in.
Oh so it's the Republican's fault your policies are farfetched?

Obama, who was praised this weekend in the gay community said his position on gay marriage was "evolving," but refused to say whether he would support gay marriage by Election Day 2012.

What exactly is he "working" on? The only thing evolving is his disapproval rate, and by that I mean de-evolving. He claims to be working on it. Just like everything else he has done. I'm glad that come around 2012 we'll have a much more viable list of options to chose from, e.g. Paul. Does anyone actually pity this man?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am not surprised because the wealth have taken the money from our 401k's invested in the stock market and are all sitting quite pretty.

One only needs to think back to the last booming economy and what did we have and abundance of ?
Lots of credit available ....remember all of the credit cards you'd get in the mail ?
Low interest mortgage and car loans ?

When I saw the refinancing boom and ads on TV I I knew that this was the big setup for the fall.
Just as Behold a Pale Horse had said, the Banksters were buying up paper cheaply by making these irresistible "flexible" mortgages to control as much real estate as possible before the big crash.

The Banks control the spigots of the flow of money and not the president.
Especially an outsider who isn't a member of the insiders club....

Obama is a mere political placeholder. He has as much control over the economy as you or I do.

So no, I am not at all surprised 4 years later. Especially in looking at where the concentration of wealth currently is...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MustNotSpeak

I do feel sorry for Obama. The poor guy's dream came true, but he wasnt ready for the job. He is a very good campaigner, but he does not possess the skills to be a leader. His life must suck. How would you like to have to get up every day and go before 100's, 1000's, millions of people and know that you are illequipped to do the job in front of you?
edit on 3-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow another thread really believeing that obama makes any decisions lol, seriously half the treads are about how bad obama made the USA, WOW whens the last time a real president made real decisions.

Thanks for usual good laughs

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
Wow another thread really believeing that obama makes any decisions lol, seriously half the treads are about how bad obama made the USA, WOW whens the last time a real president made real decisions.

Thanks for usual good laughs

Wow another post made by a 5th grader with the usual point of derailing the topic lol, seriously half the posts are about how bad the poster made the OP. WOW whens the last time a real poster posted real posts.

Thanks for usual good laughs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
underdog my # this country its dismal failing is on him

he wanted the job he got the job and he will lose his job

doesnt take a rocket scientist or a harvard graduate to see we are not better off than we were 3 years ago this country will not be better of one more year from now and this country sure as hell will not be better off with 4 more years of the same.

yes we can! screw us

hope and change "i hope you relect me obama says" and then you wont even have pocket change.

seems to me reagan once asked are you better off than you were 4 years ago

the answer was a HELL NO! and that result reagan carried 40 some odd states.

will history repeat is self?

better hope it does because thats some change i can beleive in.

how about you?
edit on 3-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
One thing I know for sure is that my Senior Citizen and Disabled Veteran clients are terribly hurt and let-down because this President has witheld cost-of-living (Social Security & VA Disability ) increases from them for 2 years in a row. God forbid that Obama buys into the "No Inflation" crap from his advisors yet again this year!

You try telling seniors and those on disability that milk, meat, gas, heating costs, etc.., etc.., have not gone up in 2009, 2010 or 2011. If President Obama were really getting out amongst the people, or reading the news, he would know that everything is costing more, except houses.

He OK'd an increase in the amount of money deducted from Social Security checks to pay for increased Medicare Premiums, DUE TO INFLATION, but no Cost of Living Increase due to LACK OF INFLATION??!!

The time is almost here once again for him to say "yea" or "nay" to the 2012 Cost Of Living adjustments. I hope he doesn't give seniors and the disabled the shaft...yet again.

Very disappointed,
-CWM
edit on 3-10-2011 by carewemust because: spelled "nea" wrong. No biggie.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Indeed.

During the early 1980s Reagan recession and late 1980s Savings and Loan bailout, there was still a middle class with incomes/wealth to absorb the downward turn in the economy and infuse the consumer driven economy with their dollars. Granted, during this time an underground drug economy grew to absorb the downturn also, but the groundwork to transfer wealth upward was being laid.

Slowly, wages were being forced downward, full time 40-hr/week jobs with health benefits were turning into less-than-fulltime jobs to avoid paying benefits, and the poor and middle class would be forced to turn to debt to keep up. Jobs by the millions increasingly went elsewhere, even if not out of country but just to other states with lower wages, and labor was increasingly given to illegal workers.

Poor and middle class debt rose to purchase increasingly cheaper and cheaply built goods, clothes, and houses. Debt rose to cover medical expenses and education. "Savings" became investments in Wall Street, with its inherent risks.

As long as multinational corporations grew their incomes in emerging middle class markets elsewhere, that part of the business community could care less about the average American supporting the economy here. Americans and their economy were also dependent on 19th century energy means at the dawn of the 21st cen. Wars added to the national debt, without a way to pay for them. So when the national economy collapsed, there was no more strong middle class left to help out a national economy that was far from the vibrant economy decades ago.

It took decades to get this way, and IMO it will take another decade or more to be "better off". Unemployment will not go down significantly for years, and as long as Americans have to work 3 lower wage jobs without health benefits just to pay for rent (forget buying a house), food, and other necessities for a 21st cen life, there cannot be any wealth built up to maintain a middle class. It will be a long, slow climb out of the deep hole that was dug.

new topics

top topics

join