It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Specific NW UK Military facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi folks, over the past few weeks I've been toying with the idea of following up a long standing rumour regarding a specific (ex?)Military base near my home.

The point of this topic is basically to find out if there is anyone in my local area (North West UK) that could maybe help me with either information or a physical presence and specific skills, should I need them. I'm purposely not giving too much information to keep in line with the board terms & conditions and for other obvious reasons.

Any information I find out about what I feel is a HUGE cover up will be posted in this thread.

I will share more with people who feel they can help me but as I say, it is best kept on the quiet for now, at least until I have a more definite picture. It could be nothing at all so I don't want to risk doing an 'Aussie Bloke' (see: Fraud) and hugely building up something only for it to turn out as nothing.

If anyone feels they can help me in any way (not necessarily from UK), but doesn't want it to be publically known, I am a member of RATS. Also feel free to U2U me or email me at tandinoREMOVETHIS@denyignorance.com.

Thanks for your time

Peace

Tandino

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Is it in Cumbria or Scotland?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Give us a clue. What county is it in? What is the nearest big town?

Steve Howarth

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You will only breaking terms and conditions if you are posting illegal info.U2U comes within that plus E-Mail isn`t safe.Personnelly I`d like to help but you do sound like a nutter.Don`t mean to offend but you need to write a little more info in a less that suspect manner if want help from people who will take you serious

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hehe nutter, fair play. I wasn't sure whether it would go against any specific rules & regs, this place has 'em coming out of it's ears! I didn't want to tread on anyones toes...

The (Ex?)Military facility is an airfield called 'RAF Woodvale' Google it and you get the verdict it's a University Air Squadron Training Facility. This I don't doubt but from people who've been in the ATC (Air Training Corps, me included), there's always been strong rumours of a MASSIVE series of tunnels and bunkers underneath, also some talk of radioactive activity (This i'm not convinced of).

Anyway, as far as the sheeple around here are concerned it's all been filled in and forgotten about, I don't agree however. So I decided I wanted to know for sure. I basically am looking for someone with knowledge of military installations and any knowledge of the planning and building of large scale bunkers would be an advantage. I do get the impression that i'm looking in the wrong place though. If I do find something of importance (health risks, Underground cities, Osama, WMDs, Aliens) I'll let you all know. After the initial factfinding mission, I'm going to try and arrange an 'excursion' for a closer look.

Sorry for the delay in reply, I've a million and one things going on in my life at the moment. If anyone at all can help, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time folks.

Peace

R

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tandino
The (Ex?)Military facility is an airfield called 'RAF Woodvale' Google it and you get the verdict it's a University Air Squadron Training Facility. This I don't doubt but from people who've been in the ATC (Air Training Corps, me included), there's always been strong rumours of a MASSIVE series of tunnels and bunkers underneath, also some talk of radioactive activity (This i'm not convinced of).
R

Well I'm in the north west, and while I can't really help you (sneaking round military facilities isn't really my thing), you have cleared up one thing for me.. namely why I see so many RAF training jets passing over my house from the direction of Southport! I'd often wondered where they came from!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hehe nutter, fair play. I wasn't sure whether it would go against any specific rules & regs, this place has 'em coming out of it's ears! I didn't want to tread on anyones toes...

Anyway, as far as the sheeple around here are concerned it's all been filled in and forgotten about, I don't agree however. So I decided I wanted to know for sure. I basically am looking for someone with knowledge of military installations and any knowledge of the planning and building of large scale bunkers would be an advantage. I do get the impression that i'm looking in the wrong place though. If I do find something of importance (health risks, Underground cities, Osama, WMDs, Aliens) I'll let you all know. After the initial factfinding mission, I'm going to try and arrange an 'excursion' for a closer look.

Sorry for the delay in reply, I've a million and one things going on in my life at the moment. If anyone at all can help, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time folks.

Peace

R

link to
people who like looking around bases

By the looks of the civil area nothing much left.I wouldn`t bother looking around the active site to much.If there is something that is so Secret it has escaped the eyes of the many who snoop around these types of places l doubt you will find anything more than a suspect looking cctv camera.If nothing there and you get caught you will only end up being moved on a a slap on the wrist.Both waste of time.

Ps. if there was any possibillity of a huge secret there the people on the above web link wouldn`t have gone within a hundred miles of the place.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

R

i think it unlikely u will get an answer from some1 who helps build these places..they have to sign the official secrets act
this i know because i used to work for a testing laboratory that would test the concrete etc of these bunkers/sub bases and any field operatives had to sign the official secrets act

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
link to
people who like looking around bases

if there was any possibillity of a huge secret there the people on the above web link wouldn`t have gone within a hundred miles of the place.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by weirdo]

Thanks for the link weirdo, but the derelict building on that picture is nowhere to be seen on the actual site. I've never seen it and I've lived a 5 minute walk away from the base for the past 10 years...

Like I stated at the start of this thread, it may not be anything but it's bothered me for too long now. If anything I need to satisfy my curiousity, just so I can put it to bed. If I succeed in my mission and find anything of interest, I'll take some pics and post them in this thread.

Muppet
Glad I've been of some use to someone

Although, the planes most commonly seen taking off from/landing at Woodvale are usually single propellor Engine vehicles. Bulldogs I believe they're called.

What you may be seeing are the black and yellow ones used for fast-jet training called 'Hawks'. V fast apparently, I know a young lady who's flown one. If these are what you're seeing, it's more likely they're taking off and landing at Blackpool airport. It's basically the same direction as Southport, just a little further away. I may be wrong though, i'm no expert.

If there's anythin else you think I could help you with, don't hesitate to give me a shout, I'll try my best

Peace

R

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
NW UK , not talking about RAF Machrihanesh are ya?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

[What you may be seeing are the black and yellow ones used for fast-jet training called 'Hawks'. V fast apparently, I know a young lady who's flown one. If these are what you're seeing, it's more likely they're taking off and landing at Blackpool airport.

Hmm. I think they may be something else then. I reckon there's about 1 or 2 a week.. (though sometimes it's 1 or 2 a day). they're not black/yellow, and I don't think they're hawks (they're the one's the Red Arrows fly aren't they?).

The seem, for want of a better description, normal fighter shape! Grey in colour. not Tornadoes or Harriers. (I made a few Airfix models of those when I was kid!) Possibly Euro-fighers?

I always try to see them when they go by, but of course it's hard to judge where to look since by the time you hear one it's passed over. I'll try to snap one next time!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I live in between Blackpool and Warton, those planes you are seeing are most likely Tornados and/or Eurofighter. They're always flying up and down the Ribble and out into the Irish Sea. Test flights, taking off from BAe Warton.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I had to register just to reply to this thread. (After spending 25 minutes laughing my man-boobs off).

I lived very near Woodvale for most of my life and I can assure you that there's nothing deeper than a drain on the site. I've also done many incursions during my earlier years to play in the WWII bunkers, now demolished, which used to be at the north-end. The whole site is protected by 6ft of chicken wire and there's no-one who's even fired a gun let alone will shoot you. It's now ATC, private planes and RAF trainers - no jets.

You've just missed the car rally in August where you walk around the whole place without any problems.

Now, if I was looking for a secret base, I'd look around the old Burtonwood airfield. Lots of underground stuff still in use by the gov and used for storing food in case of a crisis. Also the US Army still has loads of land there, and not for storing IKEA furniture.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by formbybypassboy
Now, if I was looking for a secret base, I'd look around the old Burtonwood airfield. Lots of underground stuff still in use by the gov and used for storing food in case of a crisis. Also the US Army still has loads of land there, and not for storing IKEA furniture.

Interesting, I live only a few miles from there. I'm quite tempted to check it out now

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
muppet
It is possible they are Typhons. Next time check if they have to 2 little wings up front, not always easy I know. If they are they be coming from Preston where they are being developed.

As for Woodvale, I've also heard rumours that there's more underground then up top.

formbybypassboy
You 100% correct regarding Burtonwood. Companies like TNT use some of the bigger warehoues. Just take a drive around. The underground tunnels are also real.
One thing about Burtonwood, I'm surprised the bit where the 3 big hanger are, hasn't been developed for housing. Sure the M62 cuts right through it. I have seen people learning to drive Trucks on some of the old runways.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Britman]

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Britman]

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Anybody still active regarding b wood. a reply to: Britman

new topics

top topics

join