It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy NY Video - Ufo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hello friends,

I visited the site occupywallst.org and on their main page they had a link to this Video. At 1:23 it shows something coming right over top, beside, or behind 2 buildings.

Quite a touching video, my thoughts are sent out to the 700+ arrested.

Screen shots from the video:

Closest I could pause to initial -

I am not too sure as to what this object is, I am just bringing it up for discussion.

Peace and Love

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
drones getting ready to open fire? certainly strange...good catch.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm sure the police are using anything in their bag of surveillance during this "occupy" event. There's a lot of videos out there showing them video taping protestors, so I'd assume sky cameras are being used too, and some of those have incredible detail to them from such a distance.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If this is a drone, then it is a drone in the shape of a flying saucer.

What IS that? Great catch. Seriously.

I mean, the only possibility is that it was a plane carrying a banner. Which it isn't, because there is no plane.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'm sure the police are using anything in their bag of surveillance during this "occupy" event. There's a lot of videos out there showing them video taping protestors, so I'd assume sky cameras are being used too, and some of those have incredible detail to them from such a distance.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Not sure, i watched that a few times....Didn't look like anything in our acknowledged inventory, unless you have a picture of these sky cameras to compare. That was a good long clear view of that thing going straight up, impressive.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks like a blimp.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Looking at the movement it seems to be a balloon.

Looking at the shape it seems like a saucer, zeppelin or drone of some sort.

Excellent spotting OP, thanks and again great job, a real mystery instead of the gazzilion fake stuff on YT

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Looks like a blimp.

Blimps are more buoyant, they dont' just go straight up like that, that quick and smooth. If anyone wants to watch that, jump to 1:22.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Looks like a blimp? Looks like an elephant's toe-nail, but much bigger, and sideways, floating through the air too - but I'm not that backwards to suggest that, of course.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The way the object was singled out to be shown in the video leads me to believe that it has something to do with the demonstration itself...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I guess it was a Police Drone .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Okay, that was really weird. From the pictures I thought it was definitely a banner, and the plane dragging it was hidden by clouds or by the angle of filming, but then I watched the video...

So now I don't think it's a banner, I don't think there's a plane hidden from view somehow, and the weirdest thing of all is that whatever it is gets its own edit in the video - there's no reason for that 3 seconds or so of the video except to show this object. So why did someone edit in this quick shot of a building that doesn't have anything to do with the protests? Weird...

ETA: Just watched the vid again and was about to say it maybe looks like a parachute or hang glider. Then I saw the posts above mine suggesting the police drone theory. Makes a lot more sense. I do like the idea of protesters parachuting in though. Ah well...
edit on 3-10-2011 by magicrat because: nothing better to do today...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

There's nothing in that video stating it was a drone, in fact whatever is in that other video, wasn't mentioned at all. The person being interviewed said he "knows" the NYPD has contacted the FAA about the use of drones but never says how he knows.

It looks like a saucer or a parachute to me but I don't see a person hanging from it if it's a chute.
Good post OP.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A floating rectangle image might be a cylinder ship or one of the edges of
a Triangle ship if we think such things exist.
This would suggest a quite secret ship had been viewing the activities.
Quite lucky it was not illuminating the air gases and only radiating black
radiation, UV and such, that is caught by the video and perhaps not
sensed at all by people on the ground. Quite stealthy and top secret.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
id like to bump this up since i think it may be related. my wife pointed out to me that in this weeks New York magazine there was a little thing about a ufo being spotted near 1 world trade center last week. so, curious, i looked it up and found this article with photos. its a rectangular shaped object that was described as moving very fast. the photographer actually made a report to mufon.

www.ghosttheory.com... ed-near-ny-freedom-tower

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've been looking through images and videos of surveillance drones and while it's true that some police departments have contracts with defense companies to buy small drones, I don't think that identifies the object in the video. I haven't come across anything that looks like it. There are some hovering ones and ones that have vertical take off and landing but they seem very different than from the OP video. I could be wrong as it seems there's several models out. Yet another thing we have to add to the well it could be this pile.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Interesting. Thats the top of Gehrys building at some 870ft in height. Can't say with any certainty what that is.

Hard to say if it's going up or if its flying horizontally way above, but towards the camera.

Don't think its a blimp or parachute. There's no where to land a damn parachute safely in Manhattan except for maybe Central Park. Which is no where near where this was shot.

Police drone? Don't know that NYPD has these.

Whatever it is, the person filming seemed to know it was there and who ever edited the video deliberately cut right to the clip to focus on the object.

Maybe a balloon of some sort? Or maybe someone could email the guy who made the video...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It was not caught on camera accidentally because the camera went up on
purpose to find the object and the object apparently drifted away.

Sure we got them grey drifting rectangles all the time.
Don't know what it is and perhaps no one else knows.
If they did perhaps they can't tell us.
Who has the credibility on floating grey rectangles.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
id like to bump this up since i think it may be related. my wife pointed out to me that in this weeks New York magazine there was a little thing about a ufo being spotted near 1 world trade center last week. so, curious, i looked it up and found this article with photos. its a rectangular shaped object that was described as moving very fast. the photographer actually made a report to mufon.

www.ghosttheory.com... ed-near-ny-freedom-tower

That is interesting cause in the 1980s someone put flat sides on a saucer
and made it into a Belgian Triangle that came over the western boarders
(like from Germany?). So take a cylinder ship and make a rectangle ship.
They just want to be seen. And why the dim grey reflection or illumination.
Its either light reflection or illumination cause what else you got.

The diamond shape might cover another type of ship.
If you go for highly controlled unknown vehicles.

edit on 10/5/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Probably a police drone like this one filmed at a gathering at Stones Henge in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join