It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street: A Tea Party for the Left?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
There are many serving in Congress that would probably love to jump in front of this growing army of useful idiots, but they would have to expose themselves as communists. They prefer to lead from behind and let the losers take the hits and spill the blood while they sip wine and ride in limos.

edit on 3-10-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

Sounds like Hamburger Hill. I don't think these folks are communists, just idealists. But we were all once idealists, and I truly believe that's a good place to be. Feelings get hurt, ideals get hurt, but what builds character is coming through that hurt a better person/people.

They need jobs. They need to see that global banks get punished for destroying the world and hoarding cash... they need justice. We all do.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

I know you're right. And I have just as much faith in politicians as you do - which is none. But without direction, without one voice, without some clout how can any change be affective? Please let me know when you put your finger on it, as I'm thinking long and hard too.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nathanscottecho

Who else can direct this thing? Anyone who rises will have to be a politician. The government won't let a General rise in a new army - that would be war (which strangely enough, I'm ok with).

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Will do as soon as I have something.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I'm not on the ground there in NYC, but if this is engineered I don't think Obama will ever get substantial fund raising again. He's part and parcel of the Shadow Government now, he can't have bankers arrested. I'd like to see the Attorneys General of NY tackle that issue.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
AWAY Left/Right Republicrats! There is no right or left party!! I'm sick of everything being reduced to this bullsh*t party rhetoric. There is a reason why we call ourselves the 99%... they're out there protesting for you. Are you not part of this 99%? They're calling for EVERYBODY... that's you and me both people. Sure it can become the next Tea party IF WE ALLOW IT!

Isn't amazing people still buy into the idea of "left" Vs "right?".. mass delusion. As if divide & conquer is an unknown tactic.

I see people sick and tired of both loser partys.. but that doesn't not compute..error error.. there must be a tilt somewhere... must pigeon hole to avoid 404.. the concept a growing number of people find obmao equally as repulsive as bush is just too confusing, apparently.

imo those folks should unify under the motto "Vote ANYONE but THEM".. being the 2 party DC mafia... including Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

This is why it would have been so great to see the Marines, under orders, actually storm Wall Street to protect the protesters and to see NY cops defecting in droves to the cause. I'm under no illusions, but until the entire 20th century global banking operation is undone, we're stuck with the parties and politicians they give us. If the military showed up, then we'd be in for a show of epic proportions with real change on the horizon.

ETA: This sounds like a police state at its worst, but are we looking at the lesser of two evils? I don't want military control, but who else can confront people that can literally buy their way out of anything - money is no object, and there are plenty of greedy, short-sighted people they can flip easily. I don't know what to do, I'm just throwing ideas out there.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by rwfresh

I'm not on the ground there in NYC, but if this is engineered I don't think Obama will ever get substantial fund raising again. He's part and parcel of the Shadow Government now, he can't have bankers arrested. I'd like to see the Attorneys General of NY tackle that issue.

Remember Madoff? When the markets collapse and they will very soon, we are talking about unprecedented scenario. Obama can't arrest bankers? No he can't arrest his boss, but his boss can force him to arrest a few peon scapegoats. Absolutely. And people will cheer it on as if something is getting done. Police state takeover will be in full swing and everyone will cheer that on.. thinking that Obama is for them so they will not feel threatened when all rights are put on hold while the "terrorists" are gathered up and punished.

Before anyone has a chance to figure any of it out we will be in a VERY real war with China, pakistan, Iran and potentially Russia who will be demanding money while Obama plays hero and pretends to tell them to shove it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

reply to post by rwfresh

Remember Madoff? When the markets collapse and they will very soon, we are talking about unprecedented scenario. Obama can't arrest bankers? No he can't arrest his boss, but his boss can force him to arrest a few peon scapegoats. Absolutely. And people will cheer it on as if something is getting done. Police state takeover will be in full swing and everyone will cheer that on.. thinking that Obama is for them so they will not feel threatened when all rights are put on hold while the "terrorists" are gathered up and punished.

Before anyone has a chance to figure any of it out we will be in a VERY real war with China, pakistan, Iran and potentially Russia who will be demanding money while Obama plays hero and pretends to tell them to shove it.

The scenario you described would be like a bloodless 9/11 - I remember Bernie, but he ran a ponzi scheme and his sons ratted him out because he was talking money from Peter to pay Paul. His operation had an expiration date by virtue of how deep he'd gotten and his sons knew the gig was up.

I just don't think they're that crafty at the top because even peons will talk if thrown under the bus... now if bankers die, well then we know something is going on from the Shadow Government. I hope you're wrong, and I hope I'm wrong.

Either way, OWS will get politicized unless something amazing happens... of which I have no idea what that is, and maybe politicized ain't such a bad thing if the ends become the means.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by GovtFlu

This is why it would have been so great to see the Marines, under orders, actually storm Wall Street to protect the protesters and to see NY cops defecting in droves to the cause. I'm under no illusions, but until the entire 20th century global banking operation is undone, we're stuck with the parties and politicians they give us. If the military showed up, then we'd be in for a show of epic proportions with real change on the horizon.

ETA: This sounds like a police state at its worst, but are we looking at the lesser of two evils? I don't want military control, but who else can confront people that can literally buy their way out of anything - money is no object, and there are plenty of greedy, short-sighted people they can flip easily. I don't know what to do, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Think about what you are saying. You think the military is autonomous in some way? What kind of person in control of the world's most powerful army would go up against the "bankers"? The politicians in the army are no different than the politicians on tv.. only NO ONE gets to vote for them. This is EXACTLY what the "elite" want. EXACTLY what they want. Military rule. They OWN THE MILITARY. That's what i am saying about people not understanding what they are doing and saying.

You have to understand that our military is completely owned and controlled by the same power control freaks. Totally and 100%. Without a single doubt. The military is designed to dominate and kill. Who runs such an organization? Evil people. If you want to see how this plays out then look at Egypt. Currently under military control and citizens just completely SCREWD.

But you are not alone. this is engineered. They will have people cheering in the streets for the military.. in the beginning before all out war is started.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

reply to post by rwfresh

The scenario you described would be like a bloodless 9/11 - I remember Bernie, but he ran a ponzi scheme and his sons ratted him out because he was talking money from Peter to pay Paul. His operation had an expiration date by virtue of how deep he'd gotten and his sons knew the gig was up.

I just don't think they're that crafty at the top because even peons will talk if thrown under the bus... now if bankers die, well then we know something is going on from the Shadow Government. I hope you're wrong, and I hope I'm wrong.

Either way, OWS will get politicized unless something amazing happens... of which I have no idea what that is, and maybe politicized ain't such a bad thing if the ends become the means.

It won't be bloodless. Markets will collapse and anarchy will ensue. A collapsed market is TOTAL mayhem. Crime, food shortages. FEAR. The scapegoats are that. Distractions. they are not real elite. But friend, understand that the real elite are not bankers. They don't collect money. Money is for peons. They control society and power with money and bankers. They aren't trying to buy more land.

The people we will see strung up are peon's like madoff. It will sound very dramatic.. it will fool people who think "Trillions of dollars" means something.. Which is most people except those that print it.

The military is not designed to protect you. It is designed to make war. Dominate. The generals in the army are not good people. They kill people full time. Who promotes them? I'm not saying there aren't good people in the military. I am saying good people are not promoted. Just like good people do not win elections. The system is setup to weed good people out. People that cannot be controlled and bought and paid for with power and money. Sick people rise to the top.

You are not alone in your thinking. Hoping for military rule.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
#OWS has and holds no allegiance to either side of The "Left-v-Right" paradigm and is against the oligarchy known as that. They oppose both political spectrums and are only supportive of the Human party.

To spin it any other way proves that the one who attempts to defame is a misinfo artist.

The 99% does not endorse either political spectrum.

The OWS is the American party, sick of the paradigm, sick of corruption and sick of the nonsense.
edit on 3-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I think of people like George Patton. The US military must have one right now, a General crazy enough to take on the system and arrest those of which the police, FBI and others will not - the banker barons. I don't want military rule, shoot seeing the military descend on Wall Street would send chills up my spine. But, there must be someone powerful enough, with enough sensibility to stand up for people - I refuse to believe every single powerful person is a greedy, manipulative turd.

ETA. Well then OWS need something from left field. A good guy gone bad to get kudos from the establishment but has the balls to kick them in the teeth. Everything takes money... and that's the biggest problem right there. OWS needs someone who controls resources that makes money... I'm just thinking aloud here.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

I think of people like George Patton. The US military must have one right now, a General crazy enough to take on the system and arrest those of which the police, FBI and others will not - the banker barons. I don't want military rule, shoot seeing the military descend on Wall Street would send chills up my spine. But, there must be someone powerful enough, with enough sensibility to stand up for people - I refuse to believe every single powerful person is a greedy, manipulative turd.

ETA. Well then OWS need something from left field. A good guy gone bad to get kudos from the establishment but has the balls to kick them in the teeth. Everything takes money... and that's the biggest problem right there. OWS needs someone who controls resources that makes money... I'm just thinking aloud here.

You want a benevolent dictator. It's not an original idea. What is needed is a Gandhi or a Martin Luther King. Nothing less will do. I just think these ideas of benevolent dictator point at social engineering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join