It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Occupy Wall Street: A Tea Party for the Left?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Something to think about folks. The left is hurting just as much as anyone in this US economy and while the Tea Party may represent far right ideals to them, the left need a shake up too. Even with their pick as the president, it isn't working out for anyone. And the current crop of candidates don't look too promising either on either side.

Occupy Wall Street could become a political movement if a rising politician is smart enough to message-to it, embrace it, give it direction, then apply it to wider US goals.

Tea Party for the left. I can see it. Can you?
edit on 3-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88
 


Of course it is...those that can't see are just lying to themselves.

I was going to make a thread about this, but you beat me too it



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88
 


Yep, just call it the Cry Baby Party

Kind of fitting.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


We know the Tea Party has billionaire backers, the Koch brothers and such, and the Occupy Wall Street group is not politicized yet. So another questions as well, was the Tea Party always backed by the ultra rich (among regular folks) or did the wealthy join-in after it gathered momentum?



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The tea party went down hill as soon as the republicans hoped on the bandwagon. The tea party sold out essentially.

So I hope this movement doesn't become politicized, nor become a "party." The politicians got us into this mess, having them "help" will only cause the movement to flounder.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43
 


It's easy to be cynical, especially when we see these folks with their Mac computers, smartphones and wearing designer "rugged" clothing sleeping in fancy camping gear. But, and big giant "but" here. They need jobs too. And yes they may be educated, not have the most useful degrees, but still - they are our brothers and sisters and need jobs so they can succeed in life as well.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
From a earlier thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen many here on ATS put down the Tea Party, yet the OWS puts out much the same message, except it is directed at Corporations and not so much the Government. (Where it should directed in my opinion) Yet the OWS are now heroes?

I have heard all too often that it was inspired by the Arab Spring. Really? Is that what these protesters want? A Military controlled government? The Egyptian Army has yet to step down. Many of the Arab protests are still going on with the populace now shooting at each other.

Just like people say that the Tea Party has been compromised by the Koch Bros and big money, OWS has as well. Code Pink, MoveOn.org, ACORN, SEIU, etc, all have numbers in the crowd.

Even though there has been a declaration made, it was put out by one group. The message is still muddled.

I'm thinking that if the leaders of the TP and OWS got together and put aside ideologies and realize that they have much in common, one group could protest Washington DC & Government while the other goes after the Banks.

A two pronged attack so to speak. But a peaceful one.

And another.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OWS was compromised a while ago.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88
 



To me that would not mean freedom.
That is exactly what I am afraid of. In my opinion Occupy Wall Street should not be a political statement, but a human statement for freedom, and to make people wake up and realize that their country is nothing without them.
And the left ideals never shown the colors of freedom, but the colors of bigger government, more taxes and more control. Tell me if I am wrong.

People should not be forced to give away anything, they should do it out of free will.
It is not the political system that needs a change, it needs to BE GONE, and people need to change.
If everyone cared more for the people around them, than for him/her self, we would have a h*ll of a better planet to live on. And no one would have to worry since everyone would have people caring about them.
That is my vision of a "left" politic. Not one where people are being forced to "give" away what they have worked for.

Cant we have a struggle for change without letting it become some s**tty political agenda?!?!
Is that really impossible?
edit on 3-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
The tea party went down hill as soon as the republicans hoped on the bandwagon. The tea party sold out essentially.

So I hope this movement doesn't become politicized, nor become a "party." The politicians got us into this mess, having them "help" will only cause the movement to flounder.


I agree, but sadly they'll need lawmakers on their side for change to happen. So politicians are needed for any momentum to occur. You say republicans got hold of the Tea Party and sank it, so as logic goes Democrats will get hold of Occupy Wall Street and deep six it.

An aspiring, charismatic politician would be great to see rising out of this movement. Someone who can create its message more effectively, and impact legislative change. Someone with no ties to either party would be ideal.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Keep all politicians away from this. The moment I see Occupiers paling around with known politicos who have profited off of this corrupt system, that's when I know that things have become fraudulent.

The corporate powers need to get out of DC and they need to stay away from the people's movement.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There are many serving in Congress that would probably love to jump in front of this growing army of useful idiots, but they would have to expose themselves as communists. They prefer to lead from behind and let the losers take the hits and spill the blood while they sip wine and ride in limos.

edit on 3-10-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
AWAY Left/Right Republicrats! There is no right or left party!! I'm sick of everything being reduced to this bullsh*t party rhetoric. There is a reason why we call ourselves the 99%... they're out there protesting for you. Are you not part of this 99%? They're calling for EVERYBODY... that's you and me both people. Sure it can become the next Tea party IF WE ALLOW IT!



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88
 



My friend, your idea of a "charismatic politician" taking advantage of the situation would most certainly only do so with personal gain as motive. In the end that will turn into the usual s*it.

Something bigger is needed.
Wish I could put my finger on it though and say exactly what.
edit on 3-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88
 


I know you did not just say we need a politician....
2nd....



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
From a earlier thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen many here on ATS put down the Tea Party, yet the OWS puts out much the same message, except it is directed at Corporations and not so much the Government. (Where it should directed in my opinion) Yet the OWS are now heroes?

I have heard all too often that it was inspired by the Arab Spring. Really? Is that what these protesters want? A Military controlled government? The Egyptian Army has yet to step down. Many of the Arab protests are still going on with the populace now shooting at each other.

Just like people say that the Tea Party has been compromised by the Koch Bros and big money, OWS has as well. Code Pink, MoveOn.org, ACORN, SEIU, etc, all have numbers in the crowd.

Even though there has been a declaration made, it was put out by one group. The message is still muddled.

I'm thinking that if the leaders of the TP and OWS got together and put aside ideologies and realize that they have much in common, one group could protest Washington DC & Government while the other goes after the Banks.

A two pronged attack so to speak. But a peaceful one.

And another.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OWS was compromised a while ago.


I like your thinking. These two parties could unite and attack the problem from both sides. Tea Party attacks the government in Washington DC and state capitals, Occupy Wall Street attacks the banks in big cities. It brings the left and right together, and if we're honest with ourselves, we're Americans and not that different from each other. We have less in common with the top 10 percent of society.

You say this group has been inflitrated, I would debate that point because their message is still not clear - and that may be a good thing at this point. It's ripe for direction, but the people themselves are choosing it, not being fed what they should thing and say.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by Jason88
 



To me that would not mean freedom.
That is exactly what I am afraid of. In my opinion Occupy Wall Street should not be a political statement, but a human statement for freedom, and to make people wake up and realize that their country is nothing without them.
And the left ideals never shown the colors of freedom, but the colors of bigger government, more taxes and more control. Tell me if I am wrong.

People should not be forced to give away anything, they should do it out of free will.
It is not the political system that needs a change, it needs to BE GONE, and people need to change.
If everyone cared more for the people around them, than for him/her self, we would have a h*ll of a better planet to live on. And no one would have to worry since everyone would have people caring about them.
That is my vision of a "left" politic. Not one where people are being forced to "give" away what they have worked for.

Cant we have a struggle for change without letting it become some s**tty political agenda?!?!
Is that really impossible?
edit on 3-10-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)


In a perfect world, I'm with you. But so much wealth and power is at stake that it will take fire to fight fire (new politicians to fight the old). Maybe the fact that OWS has no clear message yet is a good thing... the people on the ground haven't embraced a leader yet.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Jason88
 

I was going to make a thread about this, but you beat me too it


I'm so cynical of this website at times with threads closed for reasons that are beyond me, and I've seen senior members rewarded quite a bit (nothing tangential here, so don't ask, just a feeling on how things shake out sometimes). Please go ahead, my thread will likely die, but you've served your time here, so you'll get far more responses.
I'd rather have the discussion in the end anyways.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
OWS is for freedom, there are all kinds of people, from all kinds of parties.

I say reload...

I didn't say second amendment remedies



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Something to think about folks. The left is hurting just as much as anyone in this US economy and while the Tea Party may represent far right ideals to them, the left need a shake up too. Even with their pick as the president, it isn't working out for anyone. And the current crop of candidates don't look too promising either on either side.

Occupy Wall Street could become a political movement if a rising politician is smart enough to message-to it, embrace it, give it direction, then apply it to wider US goals.

Tea Party for the left. I can see it. Can you?
edit on 3-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)


This October: Collapse of the financial markets, brief time span of apparent anarchy. Obama rises as the hero. Arrests of peon "bankers" and anarchists will give Obama credibility. Police state and military rule will be WELCOMED with open arms because the level of chaos will be beyond what most civilians can imagine.

Obama will declare the US is debt free, and the war will begin. Under threat of complete and utter chaos people will line up to fight the enemy.

This is completely engineered on every level. Including these protests.

The engineers know where this is going. To most people it seems all to be happening naturally. Like the financial markets are naturally falling apart.. That all this rigged financial garbage is out of everyone's control.. like it's some weather pattern. If the engineers didn't want this protest to be happening and growing the way it is it would not be happening.

The manipulation is so covert and granular that people cannot even begin to imagine that their view and place in this could not be their own.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88
 


I think that if/when OWS turns in to some obvious political agenda, there will be allot of internal struggles of opinions among the protestors. That very well could brake everything apart.
Or are most protestors left orientated?
It is one thing to be against rich bankers, but another thing to be against/jealous of the rich person whom have been working his whole life and enjoys 3 cars, boat and a big house.
I do not get disturbed by a person like that, and people whom cant cope with people like that, scares me.

I know that my thinking and wishes are crazy and "eutopian", but we get what we struggle for. If we do not struggle for the best, we do not get the best. Simple as that.
Remember, nothing is impossible! It is just about finding the solution.

Turning it into politics would be bad. And in my opinion a clear left agenda would be crazy, since that would only lead to more corruption and force coming down on people.
That is nothing even close to freedom right?




top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join