It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Report: Fire at Magnablend Chemical Plant in Waxahachie, Texas Engulfed Fire Truck at Scene

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Local Report: Fire at Magnablend Chemical Plant in Waxahachie, Texas Engulfed Fire Truck at Scene

foxnewsinsi der.com

According to a local report, the fire at the Magnabland Chemical Plant in Waxahachie, Texas is moving so fast that it engulfed a fire truck at the scene.

Jon Scott says that there could also be concerns that the fire may spread to nearby tank cars, which could contain the same kinds of chemicals that are already on fire in the plant.
Jenna Lee also reports that a local elementary school nearby is allowing parents to pick up their children early as concerns grow about the potential for the f
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
youtu.be
www.wptv.com

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I did a search to get additional news on this and didn't see this posted here yet.

This is a nasty looking fire, with dense black, poisonous plumes reaching high and filling the air with toxins. I can't find what kind of chemical are burning, and updated news is hard to find.

youtu.be...

Does anyone know what kind of chemical these are? Anybody from around there have any news about this.

Can Texas get a break?

foxnewsinsi der.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-10-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Most likely one of these . "Companies like Magnablend Inc usually offer: Diesel Oil Additives, Power Punch Oil Additive, Best Oil Additives, No Smoke Oil Additive and Restore Engine Oil Additive." www.manta.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This fire looks like the beginning
of a bad disaster. All the black
smoke, one does not to breath
that in. I hope they can get this
contained before it gets even
more out of hand. Will be back
for updates.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thhorsemen
Most likely one of these . "Companies like Magnablend Inc usually offer: Diesel Oil Additives, Power Punch Oil Additive, Best Oil Additives, No Smoke Oil Additive and Restore Engine Oil Additive." www.manta.com...

"No Smoke Oil Additive" HAHAHAHA! Doesn't look like its working very well. Couldn't resist. I suppose the smoke is from all the other chemicals that are burnng.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

haha yeah the "no smoke additive" is definitely not working.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is some serious mismanagement on the FD's part or the listing of the companies chemicals...there should be foam on that fire not water...any petroleum product will float on water, these guys are in trouble.... HazMat safety regs were not followed you can see the fire "flow" with the hose lead in the video... Wow someone is going to get a stern talking to, if not let go all together... Petroleum fire= Foam or non liquid combating, the FD's in this town should at least have one HazMat response unit if there is a chemical plant that size in it...bad decisions alll around..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You can see the smoke 15 miles away in Fort Worth. The winds aren't really moving, either, so in the least the smoke is going to stick around for a while. I'm watching it on the news right now, and it seems like firefighters are really concerned about two tanks, so I don't know if I want to know whats in them.

The fire has been going for over 2 hours now, and its still going strong. The smoke is still a deep black. I hope they are able to contain the fire to the property of the facility, because the ground is so dry, it wouldn't be hard for the fire to spread.

Emergency responders have HAZMAT suits on, and they've evacuated a local school and nursing home. They've also said that anyone in the area should stay indoors because of the burning chemicals in the air.

Needless to say, stay safe, everyone. Even those of us in the Dallas/Fort Worth area are possibly looking at problems with the air.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
been watching CNN and the black smoke is quite thick. More and more "disasters" seem to be on the horizon. I'm sure a nuclear meltdown is "ideal" for the elite who are trying to create that "we need a savior" climate. This is just another link in the chain.

link   
I just heard on MSNBC that this fire is fueled by fertilizer. Aparently, this plant manufactures liquid and solid fertilizer, among other things.

Fertilizer bombs? Fertilizer is pretty volitile isn't it?

link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Waxahachie isn't a big town by any means. They should have the means to react to a fire like this with the plant being located there, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had to wait for someone from a bigger city (like Forth Worth, Dallas, or even Waco) before they could adequately contain it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah another eco system destroyed and 50,000 more future cancer patients down wind. They are not saying yet what the chemicals are... prolly for war. Yaaaaaah...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There's some tanker train cars on the tracks just shy of the flames! hope they weren't loaded

houston news

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6

Waxahachie isn't a big town by any means. They should have the means to react to a fire like this with the plant being located there, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had to wait for someone from a bigger city (like Forth Worth, Dallas, or even Waco) before they could adequately contain it.

Yeah, that still doesn't excuse the spreading of the fire, in the capacity they had to fight this beastie they should have "bordered" the outside fence line, removed any civilians, tried for structure containment and waited for back-up, all fire fighters are required to take HazMat40 it is the most basic level of HazMat handling training and it is covered in the curriculum, DO NOT PUT WATER ON PETROLEUM FIRES! air units could have been called in and lessened the response time for Special Attack. I lived in a town of 300 people, when the subject of a chemical incinerator coming into to town came up, immediately the subject of a special fire and emergency unit was brought up this was in the 80's the common sense and burden of bad decisions is on the city and unit chief.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ammonia is what I heard on CNBC breaking news story....

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes

Originally posted by riddle6

Yeah, that still doesn't excuse the spreading of the fire, in the capacity they had to fight this beastie they should have "bordered" the outside fence line, removed any civilians, tried for structure containment and waited for back-up, all fire fighters are required to take HazMat40 it is the most basic level of HazMat handling training and it is covered in the curriculum, DO NOT PUT WATER ON PETROLEUM FIRES! air units could have been called in and lessened the response time for Special Attack. I lived in a town of 300 people, when the subject of a chemical incinerator coming into to town came up, immediately the subject of a special fire and emergency unit was brought up this was in the 80's the common sense and burden of bad decisions is on the city and unit chief.

Absolutely dead on, I took my HAZMAT course in the 90s, and the training was the same....My initial thought watching those few moments was, 'oh man, what are they doing?'

In addition, that truck was way to close, I really can only think it was a very green crew that underestimated the situation, a lot, or just wasn't paying attention.

edit on 3-10-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

To the best of my knowledge, they haven't disclosed what chemical/s are burning. The plant manufactures and stores multiple types of chemicals, not all of them are petroleum based. From what I've heard, the main problem is that many of these chemicals are stored in plastic or metal drums, so they quickly heat up and explode.

DeSoto ISD and the city announced they are closing at 2 pm central time, due to the air quality.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hope everybody is safe from this. Looks really bad there, anyone know if there is any live news feeds. So I can keep u to date on whats happening?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A news conference is taking place, and the Waxahachie fire chief says that the fire is now 80% contained, and that the fire was caused by a reaction between some of the chemicals, but they don't know which ones. They were really concerned about the tank cars (rail cars), and there were no injuries. There was a sprinkler system in the building, but it was quickly overwhelmed. The Dallas HAZMAT team has showed up to help with containment and cleanup.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

I live in the area and was out to lunch, they had it on the tv, didn't catch the whole list but they had ammonia for sure. I THINK hydrochloric acid as well? but I wasn't paying all to much attention to that, just where the winds were moving.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join