It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrimination in HS sports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Women weaker? Tell that to Chyna. She would tear your head off.

Sorry, not women weaker, for some aren't.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

But the Giant(now dead) would rip off Chyna's head.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Competitive team sports are brutal. Who wants to
watch women reach a level of brutality near that
of men. It ought to be beneath them.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, does womens mudwrestling count as a sport?

There! There are women wrestlers! Not just professional, but high school women! They made a big stink about it a few years ago, but the women won and they advanced womens rights. Well, at least women's image.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
it is a shame that womens sport is dismissed the way it is but the sad fact is that we still live in a male dominated (modern world) where the golden rule is (HE who has the gold makes the rules).you have to get past the conditioning and enjoy sport for what it is and not how much money it generates.stop being sheep and support what you enjoy playing or watching.i for one enjoy watching amature sport because i can actually tell the participants are having fun playing.ever watch a novice(6-10 yr olds) hockey or soccer game lol.the skills are pretty lacking but the fun factor is 100%.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

That just makes no sense at all, thats like saying because a millionaire Sudanese is richer than an American, them Ameircans arent richer than Sudanese

Men are stronger than women, only an idiot argues against that.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Bottom line james its because the football team is probably the only one making money.
If womens sports wants to be treated the same as mens sports they will have to put butts in seats.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This isn't entirely true. At my high school girl's basketball was the biggest thing. Girl's basketball was the most publicized, in fact our school gave an early release so that people could go down state to watch the game. And theres actually a girl on the fresh/soph. football team. My local school system isn't too discriminated against women (probably because most of the men's teams suck).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join