reply to post by Mimir
The red block is the best thing that could happen. Where have you been in the last 10 years where blue block gave away un-financed tax deductions for
the upper class, initiated idiot laws in both crime and integration, which several times have proven to be on the verge of breaking human rights.
Tax on fat is not about collecting money, it IS about health. Of course red block can't control the miss informed and spineless people that "need"
their precious fat, but they can create an incentive for those who actually do care about their body that there are better solutions than buying food
with large amounts of fat in it.
For those outside our borders, the various producers of processed foods like sliced food etc. have a very nice system in which they are allowed to
mark their products with a keyhole or a certain logo if their product lives up to the high demands in standard regarding amount of fat and other
Hopefully the fat tax will help people seeing the difference between the healthy foods and the bad ones.
A very nice move considering Denmark has moved up the list of fat nations in the world
Alcohol tax is a given. We in Denmark have been far too liberal in regards to our alcohol policies. It's almost like we try to defend our EXTREME
consumption of alcohol with our forefathers, the vikings, own use of alcohol. It's the naive and again misinformed attitude of the younger generation
"it's always been like this and should remain so....!!!11!".... makes me wanna throw up.
Tobacco... I really don't need to explain this, do I?
In fact I think that as long as we have an institution as the EU, the law of increased taxes on tobacco and alcohol should be unified across the
board. There should be no incentive to go across the border to get ones fix.
Tobacco and alcohol are poison in the human system. Neither rewards anything than a dumbed down generation that in turned will teach their kids that
they too should fight for these products to remain in their lives.
Spirits are nerve poison, beer contains as many calories as bread, and fat, well... fat is fat and is really only good for you in small amounts.
If you want to die from cancer, heart failure, circulatory failure etc. feel free to protect your right to keep the above in your life. Just don't
expect any normally thinking people to understand or sympathize with you.
Now that you decided to slam the Red Block... maybe we should check out the good things they are planning:
- Tax deductions from a social point of view. Everyone will receive the same amount of deduction regardless of income.
- The green tax on petrol cars is a long waited one. I for one hope that it will come to be and that they will channel some of that money into making
it sensible to buy an electric car, cheap to invest in solar or wind power etc.
- Bumping the criminal age back up to 15 from 14... kids are criminals, they have just been suffering from a government that didn't want to take
initiative to help them throughout the last 10 years.
- Removing the one time fee needed for application of citizenship. It wasn't really helping us avoid the bad seeds in immigration, it was however
preventing a lot of "normal" families or people in love from being together. I for one had a colleague who fell in love with a decent well educated
guy from Africa, but they couldn't be together because of the system.
- The idiot knife law... seriously, carpenters or hardhat workers were being fined and had their wrap sheet stained because they were carrying a work
knife in their tool belt or in their car after hours. I mean wtf... Red Block will remove this law.
- Strengthen the consumers. The last government were pretty much toys of the Danish Industry. They didn't dare making laws in fear of how DI would
react to them. This time consumers will be thought of in regards to legislations on the market. It will become easier for consumers to complain and
demand satisfactory products and service from these greedy bastards.
- There will be NO MORE bailouts... something we needed to see after the first one. Don't spend people tax crowns on fueling banks survival when they
have clearly outlived themselves. I know you Americans know what I'm talking about.
- Education... I happen to know a lot of teachers. Just before blue block came to power 10 years ago, Denmark in fact, had some of the best educated
school kids in the world. We dropped several places during these 10 years.
Amongst the reasons are:
--- The firing of teachers
--- Adding more students to each class
--- Cutting money to improve educational equipment or making it possible for kids to learn how to swim. Im not kidding... one school has it so bad
that they are teaching dry swimming.
Red block will issue a ceiling on kids in each class and hopefully make it possible to rehire the teachers.