It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This Whole "Occupy Wallstreet" thing seems like theater of the absurd.

page: 18
63
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by Honor93
 


LMAO, sorry I was on my phone at the time and my old fart eyes don't see that tiny font so well anymore. Me and my walker were just bumbling through

hahahahaha ... sweet ... ok, gotta ask this cause someone else mentioned it on another thread ... (no offense intended) ... but, how's that "rotary" working for ya these days?

oh, do you need a hook for that walker ??? i can make ya one, Made in the USA don't ya know.

oh nooos, would i be breaking the law soliciting you here?
(and no i'm not really soliciting so no T&C violation either
)




posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 
Sorry, it is YOU who are assuming things, I am 50 yrs old I have waited tables, slung burgers, tended bar, swamped the bar and BELIEVE me cleaning a bar is nasty work. I have done construction and expiditing, I was a property manager and spent one New Years Eve on my hands and knees in someone elses toilet water replacing a toilet cuz the moron blew it up with a bottle rocket. You have NO IDEA the kind of grunt work I have done.

My FIRST job in my life was driving a front end loader at 15, I did that five days a week and worked at the local drag strip on the weekends all summer that yr. I was making $5 an hrs when the professional operators were making $18 BUT I was making about $2.50 an hr more than most of my peers. I bought all my own clothes and my glasses for my sophomore year...as was EXPECTED of me. I did all that AFTER I fulfilled my obligations at home doing chores and laundry and shopping for the household as that was my RESPONSIBILITY in contributing to the household and being part of a family. If I could not keep up my chores at home I could not work, if I could not work I could not buy my own stuff and had to rely on what my father found acceptable.

I have cleaned more toilets, wiped up more barf and even wiped adult butts in the bathroom because they don't even know their names anymore....so before you go ASSUMING I just *manage people without doing the work* think AGAIN

I have EARNED my position as boss.....



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 


There were news articles years ago discussing where mothers were having their babies taken from them at the area battered women's shelters by CPS. CPS would say the shelters were not suitable for babies. The articles would talk about how the mothers would be ordered to pay child support then to the state. One woman interviewed talked about how she fell behind since she didn't have the means to pay it. The state dropped the charges against her for failing to pay child support if she went along with having her parental rights terminated.

Then the news media didn't talk about it anymore. It still happens though. I have encountered mothers who have had CPS take the kids for 'failure to protect' because the children witnessed the abuse. Then CPS ended up sometimes placing the kids with the abusive fathers because the mothers were deemed too unstable due to PTSD from the abuse.

www.ncdsv.org...


Domestic violence shelter directors say the state is increasingly taking children away
from women who have done nothing more than move to a shelter to escape a violent home.

In the past year, the Cabinet for Health and Family Services has removed the children of about
50 women served by the Bluegrass Domestic Violence Program, said Darlene Thomas, the
program’s director. The program covers Fayette and 16 surrounding counties.

Some Cabinet workers have been telling women that shelters aren’t an appropriate atmosphere
for children, said Kentucky Domestic Violence Association executive director Sherry Currens.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa
 


Are you a single parent? I was too and I understand that makes things much harder and far more complicated. I am curious though if this is your situation or if you are just shooting down options suggested for anyone in an area where the economy is the WORST?

As a single parent I had to go back home and live with Daddy a few times when I needed help. I had to swallow my pride and apply for public assistance and housing and all the things parents are doing now. I even had to leave my kids with my EX and go somewhere else to find work so I DO understand.

My point is if people for generations have done so, what is stopping this one? I see you are all able to get on the net, I wonder how many have smart phones and big cell bills, I wonder how many actually worked while going to school and I wonder how come so many feel entitled to a good life with no sweat or hardship involved??

I am not dogging the current generation I am showing LOTS of things are possible if you will just have a willingness to strive. I am not calling people names or being a political pundit.

I am just showing that hard work PAYS off.

The main pattern I am seeing in many of these posts is that lots of young people seem to believe there are not jobs from surfing the net, others are saving enough to fly to Alaska each summer to squeeze eggs and sperm out of dead slimy fish and living in tents and vans to get ahead.... and those youth ARE doing well.

I keep saying I am 50 and I landed a GOOD job in this economy. I have been open about my area not suffering as bad as others AND I have shown the things I have been willing to do and the places I was willing to relocate to in order to pay my own way... The pattern seems to be though, for many...I did NOT say ALL...but for many the priority seems far more about finding a way to force other people that have done these things to part with their savings because they are not willing to do the same, to get to the same places as those they have labeled as EVIL.

The only difference I see is one way requires sweat and hard work, doing things less than desirable

The other finances a decent lifestyle off the work of others

Guess which one I respect?

I'm sure many don't care, just sayin



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
reply to post by Honor93
 


There were news articles years ago discussing where mothers were having their babies taken from them at the area battered women's shelters by CPS. CPS would say the shelters were not suitable for babies. The articles would talk about how the mothers would be ordered to pay child support then to the state. One woman interviewed talked about how she fell behind since she didn't have the means to pay it. The state dropped the charges against her for failing to pay child support if she went along with having her parental rights terminated.

Then the news media didn't talk about it anymore. It still happens though. I have encountered mothers who have had CPS take the kids for 'failure to protect' because the children witnessed the abuse. Then CPS ended up sometimes placing the kids with the abusive fathers because the mothers were deemed too unstable due to PTSD from the abuse.

www.ncdsv.org...


Domestic violence shelter directors say the state is increasingly taking children away
from women who have done nothing more than move to a shelter to escape a violent home.

In the past year, the Cabinet for Health and Family Services has removed the children of about
50 women served by the Bluegrass Domestic Violence Program, said Darlene Thomas, the
program’s director. The program covers Fayette and 16 surrounding counties.

Some Cabinet workers have been telling women that shelters aren’t an appropriate atmosphere
for children, said Kentucky Domestic Violence Association executive director Sherry Currens.



well thank you for the snipit cause i cannot access pdfs at the moment (computer issues)
as for that area, sure it's possible but that is not symptomatic of the country as a whole.

i have volunteered in many shelters and even when an x is stalking, threatening and baiting the victims ... the children remained. the last shelter i volunteered at supported 10 women and 30 children, although only 4 were still infants, they were not threatened or removed by any govt agency.

i tend to think this would be another case of trumped up claims, quotas and unsubstantiated removals which are often reversed if the custodial parent pushes back hard enough.

as for the claim of PTSD being a viable removal reason ... i doubt it ... there has to be more to the story.
if it is wholly true, then 2/3 of our returning vets should be childless and they are not.

children are left in the care of schizophrenics every day ... they remain with parents who torture them ... they are left to their own devices when parents work excessively ... they are also left in orphanages who are manned by perpetual abusers ... i cannot emphasize enough how corrupt the whole system is.

heck, removed children are frequently placed with known abusers (this i know to be absolute fact) ... then turn up dead and NO ONE seems to have a clue.

while i do not dismiss their egregious offenses, i do believe some caseworkers are just over-zealous in their perceived duty and are both willing and able to remove any child who appears unsatisfied with their home life ... this, i've witnessed more often than not.
also ... it also frequently depends on who is paying for the service, just like any other.
piss off a relative of a caseworker, you are targeted. piss off a judge, look out. piss off a shelter employee and they'll call the law on ya in a heartbeat.
it really is one massively riggggged system from the start.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


A *Foreign Land*?????????????? now that is rich! LOLOLOLOL

No one suggested you dig to China and work in a sweat shop! I don't know where you live but TX, CO, IA, MD, FL and even Alaska are ALL part of the United States for cripes sake! So you wont know anyone, so WHAT? If that is where the work is.... HOW would you do it?? Same as all other people who have done it before you. You sell toys and do without luxuries and maybe even ask for help from parents, churches, food banks and the like. Maybe you eat rice and beans and raman noodles for months.... turn off the cable and internet, get a cheaper cell plan.....whatever it takes.

No one said it would be EASY. Life is not EASY, Life is DIFFICULT! Get use to it. That is reality for the rest of us.

Foreign Land??? pffft I sprayed soda all over my screen on that one. I went 3000 miles with 3 kids for work...it CAN be done!

I think those of us offering ideas and suggestions are clearly seeing that YOU CANT, not only because you believe you cant (if you believe it, it is true), but also because you aren't one bit interested in trying to.

Very sad and sorry testament to your generation.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Shamatt
 

you would be mistaken ... we do understand the purposes of protest (just not this one) and many of us agree it is necessary (just not in this illogical, senseless meandering and unorganized way)

what you missed is that we desire a cohesive, concise, plan of action ... what this is ... is just more Tony Baloney only in a different and less obvious form.

btw ... your 'source' is one of the biggest propaganda machines in that region but you keep believing it ... don't make the effort to understand, yourself ... just blindly follow their lead ... right off the cliff of reality.


I'm getting a bit fed up with people who think they have t innsult people just because they don't agree with them. So while I am blindly following a propaganda machine over the cliff of reality, why don't you go learn how to converse with some civility and respect.

I am obviously as insane as the hundreds of thousands of people who, all over the world this year, have protested, and in many cases affected some real change in the world. What have you achieved propped up behind your computer all year?



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed
 


I didn't have a supportive family. Most of my family didn't like my child because she is bi-racial. While I was pregnant with her, my dad even wanted me to abort her. I refused.

My ex is abusive and his visitation rights were terminated. She would've been endangered had I sought him for help. He was the reason I was homeless in the first place!

It was rubbed in my face how I was sinning by divorcing my abusive husband. No one was willing to help me. My dad tricked me into moving where I am now, claiming that there were jobs available. Well, there were, but only if you could work nights and weekends and any time the employer wanted you to do so. I had no one to watch my baby. The day care places were only open M-F 6:30am to 6pm. My dad wanted me to give her up for adoption and constantly asked me while she was growing up when I was going to get rid of her.

As soon as my daughter was old enough to be a free babysitter though, my family would fight me to get her. They even tried to tell me how good it would be for her because they figured if she watched her cousins enough then she wouldn't want kids of her own. They were horrified at the thought that she would reproduce.

I had CPS called in on me back in January, and they took my daughter from me on lies. The judge didn't care whether or not the allegations were true or not. They denied me a fair trial. My daughter has even been telling anyone she could that I was falsely accused after she found out why she was taken, but they don't care about the truth. I'm $130k in student loan debt and my degrees are now worthless. No government agency is going to hire someone who is branded a child abuser. I have zero chance of ever getting out of debt. I have been put on disability for my medical problems, some of which was a result of my ex's beating me. I have brain and neurological damage from his beating me into the wall over and over again.

I am not arguing that people cannot do odd jobs to help keep food in their bellies, but I am saying that the laws are such now that many have to break the law in order to do it. To ignore this is to not pay attention to potential complications of doing something to survive can hinder techniques to bypass them. I have been forced into doing many things for survival over the years because it was either that or give up and die, and many of those things caused me to violate minor laws and/or ordinances. I actually understand why someone may break those laws for their survival, but they should be aware of the consequences so they can plan accordingly.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa
 

Thank you so much for the reply! I am very sorry to hear you have such struggle and these custody issues. I wnt through something kind of similar but not as heart wrenching, in the end I did not lose my child but I had much more support than you seem to have. All I can say to that is SHAME ON THEM!

You are very correct in point out how corrupt the system is, this is why my generation gets confused by this protest, they aren't protesting the corrupt gov that legislated the laws the corps are using to play dirty.

I really hope you can find some church or decent advocasy group that can help you get you daughter back, you sound like a very dedicated mom to me


You also make a good point about breaking petty laws... How does the saying go? In a time of tyranny telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. I probaBly messed that up but you get the idea.

I wish you all the best of luck, you are the very type of young person our country needs more of!



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
To the op, I read most of what you said until I got to this bit copied and pasted from your post. "The Federal Reserve is a governmental institution" stopped reading after that.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 
I can't begin to tell you how many opportunities came to me while waiting tables, slinging drinks and flipping burgers! My first management job came to me at 19, I was managing a small crew of about 15, all of them older than me.... I had big wigs from good companies leave me their business card with my tip (due to my work ethic).... I have gotten calls out of the blue and offered work over the yrs from my stints in such dives....I was never too good to earn a buck, and I always try to do it looking presentable; with a smile (even when I cleaned toilets). I have used public assistance and I have drawn unemployment so I don't deny anyone those things. What I'm bitching about is the abuse and the working the system of these departments of government.

I was once married to a man that sat at home and whined there were no jobs, while I had TWO. The truth be known-- in some ways relish a bad economy for I have always seemed to fare well during the lull. I don't chalk it up to being special or gifted, just willing to w-o-r-k

When the economy really tanked here in the late 80's I helped people that were leaving state PACK...LOL I made pretty good money doing so too...

Lots of it boils down to attitude. I am not discounting those really trying... Some places are very hard hit. Were I living in such a place I would consider relocating to someplace there is work. Not everyone can do that either. My point is there is LOTS a person can do to get a job, I am not hearing people talk about it though...I just hear a *no jobs no jobs* mantra.

Young people don't get ahead in life or gain any experience for that resume when they will only accept a job worthy of their time. Government collapsing the private sector is a whole OTHER topic, but your point is spot on.

I think where many of the youth lose empathy with the older generations is when they sit home playing the bazillion video games or massive music collection, DVDs whatever and complain there aren't any jobs. They have a TV they don't need, tons of stuff they could sell and massive time they AREN"T even looking, often they show up looking like they are going to a Rave instead of work for interviews and then complain they can't get past the first interview etc etc, and then some when actually hired....they get fired or quit for refusing to actually well, work.





What are you not getting about this thing. WORK ETHIC means nothing to these people. 5 years experience: though they will hire you if you know your stuff, they will not hire you for what youre worth they will say "I'll give you the job but since ______ , thats going to knock 4/5/7..thousand off of your salary".
Being a hard worker of course you will take it, but where does that leave you for room to grow salary wise.

We are living in a new time. They will not hire a hard working 15 year old to bus tables because they can get a non papered "resident" who is older to do it for half that much. Have you been to fast food joints lately? Who USED to be working there? And who is working there now? I remember working for the highway dept used to be a valuable first summer job for a young man, or a decent wage to support a family. Now those are contracted out and the people who own those contracts are not hiring people who they have to pay taxes on so they pay them whatever they want.

Since your 50 , how much did a house, car cost when you were ready to start a family? What was the ratio to have basic essentials to what you were making?

What is that ratio now?

and to third eye:
they are not at Washington because you have to follow the money, follow the power. And that is not in Washington it is on wall street, it is at the Fed, it is with non elected men in high rise offices. Do not kid yourself.

Also, please understand in a world where 6 corporations on all of radio and tv (both free air and subscription) those never ending shots of "pierced" unemployable teens may be sent out there for a reason...

This is not a "proverbial" me vs you thing. Its a Us vs THEM thing.

Are you in the top 1%? If not, why are you offended?
edit on 6-10-2011 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 
I can't begin to tell you how many opportunities came to me while waiting tables, slinging drinks and flipping burgers! My first management job came to me at 19, I was managing a small crew of about 15, all of them older than me.... I had big wigs from good companies leave me their business card with my tip (due to my work ethic).... I have gotten calls out of the blue and offered work over the yrs from my stints in such dives....I was never too good to earn a buck, and I always try to do it looking presentable; with a smile (even when I cleaned toilets). I have used public assistance and I have drawn unemployment so I don't deny anyone those things. What I'm bitching about is the abuse and the working the system of these departments of government.

I was once married to a man that sat at home and whined there were no jobs, while I had TWO. The truth be known-- in some ways relish a bad economy for I have always seemed to fare well during the lull. I don't chalk it up to being special or gifted, just willing to w-o-r-k

When the economy really tanked here in the late 80's I helped people that were leaving state PACK...LOL I made pretty good money doing so too...

Lots of it boils down to attitude. I am not discounting those really trying... Some places are very hard hit. Were I living in such a place I would consider relocating to someplace there is work. Not everyone can do that either. My point is there is LOTS a person can do to get a job, I am not hearing people talk about it though...I just hear a *no jobs no jobs* mantra.

Young people don't get ahead in life or gain any experience for that resume when they will only accept a job worthy of their time. Government collapsing the private sector is a whole OTHER topic, but your point is spot on.

I think where many of the youth lose empathy with the older generations is when they sit home playing the bazillion video games or massive music collection, DVDs whatever and complain there aren't any jobs. They have a TV they don't need, tons of stuff they could sell and massive time they AREN"T even looking, often they show up looking like they are going to a Rave instead of work for interviews and then complain they can't get past the first interview etc etc, and then some when actually hired....they get fired or quit for refusing to actually well, work.





What are you not getting about this thing. WORK ETHIC means nothing to these people. 5 years experience: though they will hire you if you know your stuff, they will not hire you for what youre worth they will say "I'll give you the job but since ______ , thats going to knock 4/5/7..thousand off of your salary".
Being a hard worker of course you will take it, but where does that leave you for room to grow salary wise.

We are living in a new time. They will not hire a hard working 15 year old to bus tables because they can get a non papered "resident" who is older to do it for half that much. Have you been to fast food joints lately? Who USED to be working there? And who is working there now? I remember working for the highway dept used to be a valuable first summer job for a young man, or a decent wage to support a family. Now those are contracted out and the people who own those contracts are not hiring people who they have to pay taxes on so they pay them whatever they want.

Since your 50 , how much did a house, car cost when you were ready to start a family? What was the ratio to have basic essentials to what you were making?

What is that ratio now?

and to third eye:
they are not at Washington because you have to follow the money, follow the power. And that is not in Washington it is on wall street, it is at the Fed, it is with non elected men in high rise offices. Do not kid yourself.

Also, please understand in a world where 6 corporations on all of radio and tv (both free air and subscription) those never ending shots of "pierced" unemployable teens may be sent out there for a reason...

This is not a "proverbial" me vs you thing. Its a Us vs THEM thing.

Are you in the top 1%? If not, why are you offended?
edit on 6-10-2011 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)


I agree wholeheartedly with what you said....

BUT....

Isn't the FED in Washington DC??



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by reallywow

Originally posted by femalepharoe

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 
I can't begin to tell you how many opportunities came to me while waiting tables, slinging drinks and flipping burgers! My first management job came to me at 19, I was managing a small crew of about 15, all of them older than me.... I had big wigs from good companies leave me their business card with my tip (due to my work ethic).... I have gotten calls out of the blue and offered work over the yrs from my stints in such dives....I was never too good to earn a buck, and I always try to do it looking presentable; with a smile (even when I cleaned toilets). I have used public assistance and I have drawn unemployment so I don't deny anyone those things. What I'm bitching about is the abuse and the working the system of these departments of government.

I was once married to a man that sat at home and whined there were no jobs, while I had TWO. The truth be known-- in some ways relish a bad economy for I have always seemed to fare well during the lull. I don't chalk it up to being special or gifted, just willing to w-o-r-k

When the economy really tanked here in the late 80's I helped people that were leaving state PACK...LOL I made pretty good money doing so too...

Lots of it boils down to attitude. I am not discounting those really trying... Some places are very hard hit. Were I living in such a place I would consider relocating to someplace there is work. Not everyone can do that either. My point is there is LOTS a person can do to get a job, I am not hearing people talk about it though...I just hear a *no jobs no jobs* mantra.

Young people don't get ahead in life or gain any experience for that resume when they will only accept a job worthy of their time. Government collapsing the private sector is a whole OTHER topic, but your point is spot on.

I think where many of the youth lose empathy with the older generations is when they sit home playing the bazillion video games or massive music collection, DVDs whatever and complain there aren't any jobs. They have a TV they don't need, tons of stuff they could sell and massive time they AREN"T even looking, often they show up looking like they are going to a Rave instead of work for interviews and then complain they can't get past the first interview etc etc, and then some when actually hired....they get fired or quit for refusing to actually well, work.





What are you not getting about this thing. WORK ETHIC means nothing to these people. 5 years experience: though they will hire you if you know your stuff, they will not hire you for what youre worth they will say "I'll give you the job but since ______ , thats going to knock 4/5/7..thousand off of your salary".
Being a hard worker of course you will take it, but where does that leave you for room to grow salary wise.

We are living in a new time. They will not hire a hard working 15 year old to bus tables because they can get a non papered "resident" who is older to do it for half that much. Have you been to fast food joints lately? Who USED to be working there? And who is working there now? I remember working for the highway dept used to be a valuable first summer job for a young man, or a decent wage to support a family. Now those are contracted out and the people who own those contracts are not hiring people who they have to pay taxes on so they pay them whatever they want.

Since your 50 , how much did a house, car cost when you were ready to start a family? What was the ratio to have basic essentials to what you were making?

What is that ratio now?

and to third eye:
they are not at Washington because you have to follow the money, follow the power. And that is not in Washington it is on wall street, it is at the Fed, it is with non elected men in high rise offices. Do not kid yourself.

Also, please understand in a world where 6 corporations on all of radio and tv (both free air and subscription) those never ending shots of "pierced" unemployable teens may be sent out there for a reason...

This is not a "proverbial" me vs you thing. Its a Us vs THEM thing.

Are you in the top 1%? If not, why are you offended?
edit on 6-10-2011 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)


I agree wholeheartedly with what you said....

BUT....

Isn't the FED in Washington DC??



I would like to add. I actually think you are both correct.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Cinaed
 

kudos to you and thanks for reminding me ...

I know people that have lived in their car until they got a few paychecks.
i lived in my Beretta with 2 cats for nearly a month until i could get back on my feet ... it can be done, you just don't wahna wah, wah, wah ... whine, whine, whine.

sorry, but you get no pity from me ... been there, done that and i don't have a degree.



How do I sleep in a car I don't own?

I am not crying about pity or any crap like that.

I am calling you on your bull# about only lazy people not having a job.

Your massive intellect can only come up with washing windows . . .
edit on 5-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)


And we wonder why the Mexican's are invading our nation and stealing the jobs. YOU FIND A WAY dude... you pull up your boots and find a way to make it happen.

People with less going for them than you do it ever single day in this country.

You are whining and complaining. if you put half the energy you've spent here arguing trying to get a job - you'd be too busy to post on here because you'd be employed.

I love how the young pup - who has no job and isn't willing to move out of his comfort zone - is calling us out of touch because we're telling him how to change that.

Hey Gemini - guess who's the type of people that are hiring? The same people you're calling out of touch and "old timer".

You need the job, not us - we have jobs. You don't have to take anyone's advice, but the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing but expecting different results... how's it working for you so far?



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
reply to post by Honor93
 


These protesters are kicking ASS!!! everybody is talking about them... Now Bank America is saying its a victim.. So funny poor Bac!!! Man this is just a start of something so big Yes,, Everybody is so excited we might get justice after all. all because of these great people are exercising there God given rights,,



I rest my case... misinformed, delusional, and just plain ridiculous.

Rancher - I'm going to give you a quickie in "logic 101". If "A" is taking place and "B" happens, there is no reason you should assume that "B" is a result of "A" without direct information.

The real reason there was a run on BoA is because Sen. Durban (who pushed for the BoA $5 Debit Card fee) sat on the floor of the Senate the other day and said that he urged customers to leave BoA.

Think about that for a second... since when does the government pick winners and losers in the market? Odd don't you think?

Maybe BoA decided NOT to play ball with the Government?

But either way, OWS has zero to do with BoA.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Cinaed
 

kudos to you and thanks for reminding me ...

I know people that have lived in their car until they got a few paychecks.
i lived in my Beretta with 2 cats for nearly a month until i could get back on my feet ... it can be done, you just don't wahna wah, wah, wah ... whine, whine, whine.

sorry, but you get no pity from me ... been there, done that and i don't have a degree.



How do I sleep in a car I don't own?

I am not crying about pity or any crap like that.

I am calling you on your bull# about only lazy people not having a job.

Your massive intellect can only come up with washing windows . . .
edit on 5-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)


And we wonder why the Mexican's are invading our nation and stealing the jobs. YOU FIND A WAY dude... you pull up your boots and find a way to make it happen.

People with less going for them than you do it ever single day in this country.

You are whining and complaining. if you put half the energy you've spent here arguing trying to get a job - you'd be too busy to post on here because you'd be employed.

I love how the young pup - who has no job and isn't willing to move out of his comfort zone - is calling us out of touch because we're telling him how to change that.

Hey Gemini - guess who's the type of people that are hiring? The same people you're calling out of touch and "old timer".

You need the job, not us - we have jobs. You don't have to take anyone's advice, but the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing but expecting different results... how's it working for you so far?


BRAVO!

Life is about getting up... time after time; after time; after time, etc, etc

Look. I've been laid off twice; survived Cancer and went through treatments that ended our chance to have kids naturally. I do not say that for pity, it's only mentioned because looking back on it - while VERY difficult - those hardships defined who I am...

The beauty of life is NOT the destination... it is the journey. TOO many people forget that...



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustXeno
To the op, I read most of what you said until I got to this bit copied and pasted from your post. "The Federal Reserve is a governmental institution" stopped reading after that.


Look - here's the deal. While by technicality it's not a governmental institution - in practicality it is. Rather than go into the semantics of the relationship between the Fed and the Gov, it's easier to simply state the reality of the situation than get into the technical minutia of it.

The Fed has become an active appendage of the Gov.



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by reallywow

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Cinaed
 

kudos to you and thanks for reminding me ...

I know people that have lived in their car until they got a few paychecks.
i lived in my Beretta with 2 cats for nearly a month until i could get back on my feet ... it can be done, you just don't wahna wah, wah, wah ... whine, whine, whine.

sorry, but you get no pity from me ... been there, done that and i don't have a degree.



How do I sleep in a car I don't own?

I am not crying about pity or any crap like that.

I am calling you on your bull# about only lazy people not having a job.

Your massive intellect can only come up with washing windows . . .
edit on 5-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)


And we wonder why the Mexican's are invading our nation and stealing the jobs. YOU FIND A WAY dude... you pull up your boots and find a way to make it happen.

People with less going for them than you do it ever single day in this country.

You are whining and complaining. if you put half the energy you've spent here arguing trying to get a job - you'd be too busy to post on here because you'd be employed.

I love how the young pup - who has no job and isn't willing to move out of his comfort zone - is calling us out of touch because we're telling him how to change that.

Hey Gemini - guess who's the type of people that are hiring? The same people you're calling out of touch and "old timer".

You need the job, not us - we have jobs. You don't have to take anyone's advice, but the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing but expecting different results... how's it working for you so far?


BRAVO!

Life is about getting up... time after time; after time; after time, etc, etc

Look. I've been laid off twice; survived Cancer and went through treatments that ended our chance to have kids naturally. I do not say that for pity, it's only mentioned because looking back on it - while VERY difficult - those hardships defined who I am...

The beauty of life is NOT the destination... it is the journey. TOO many people forget that...


I completely agree. However, this is about politics.
And politcally, we elect officials to promote our agenda - whatever our agenda may be. So if bankers and elected officials are sidestepping the system set up for Our entitlement to Life , Liberty and OUR Pursuit of Happiness. Thus greatly hindering the journey we set out on.

And on that tip, the " life is about getting up time and time again" : Shouldn't you ask "Who keeps pushing me down ? "

I think its a valid and fair question.

Wether you agree or not these people are exercising their rights,if you are not one of the 400 people that own over half of the American Wealth ( which ,lets be honest , it ain't through "hard work" that you get to own the resources/ wealth of HALF a NATION , would you say the Saudi Oil kings got to be trillion airs due to their "hard work"??) and are attacking them it only shows how successful their brainwashing campaign is.
edit on 6-10-2011 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
LoL at the retarded advice.

Oh your all just lazy what you should do is walk for three days to where all the jobs are
(barefoot and in the snow if at all possible)

then sleep in a park

while you wander the city volunteering while you build a network of business associates

Oh how will you feed yourself? Trash cans and dumpsters are all over.



No.

Since I graduated in May there has been fewer than 450k jobs created in the entire nation.

The barriers to entry for starting my own business are too high as I am in debt with no job . . . now who is going to lend to me?

I hope none of you find yourself or any loved ones in such a situation, but if you do . . . I am going to piss on you when I walk by just to return the gesture.
edit on 6-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by JustXeno
To the op, I read most of what you said until I got to this bit copied and pasted from your post. "The Federal Reserve is a governmental institution" stopped reading after that.


Look - here's the deal. While by technicality it's not a governmental institution - in practicality it is. Rather than go into the semantics of the relationship between the Fed and the Gov, it's easier to simply state the reality of the situation than get into the technical minutia of it.

The Fed has become an active appendage of the Gov.


...and the government is an appendage of...wait for it...waaaaaaait for it...WALL STREET!!!!

But who cares about facts, right?



new topics

top topics



 
63
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join