It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is Occupy Wall Street?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What really is occupy wall street? and why are the protestors there? also does it have enough fire to keep going and is this really the start of something big?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbones

Read up on it

Watch the live streams...

A good start would be check out the "Declaration of the Occupation of Wall Street" in my sig... Thats the list of grievances
edit on 3-10-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not sure. I think it depends on where you go. Yesterday in Denver
they were all holding up signs that said FREE SYRIA.
Makes me a little suspicious.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbones

The start of something big? Oh you betcha!

Individually, each person has their list of valid grievances.

Collectively, they're clueless.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A bunch of useful idiots being marched around by communist leaders.

If you like communism, you'll want to attend.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
While I agree in some part with their underlying intent, they really need to work on delivery. Just watching the news and there appears to be a zombie theme (how original) with some pinhead leaning back and forth in the background, face paint and all. Rather pathetic and stupid way to garner support, but I guess everything zombie aligns well with hipsters.

brill

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

If you like communism, you'll want to attend.

Or people doing what the ##TeaPartiers## (tm) only whine about. When I was their age we took to the streets to protest the war and civil rights -- eventually it worked. I went to jail for one of those protests -- protesting the shooting of American college students at Kent state -- I consider that arrest a badge or honor.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
While I agree in some part with their underlying intent, they really need to work on delivery. Just watching the news and there appears to be a zombie theme (how original) with some pinhead leaning back and forth in the background, face paint and all. Rather pathetic and stupid way to garner support, but I guess everything zombie aligns well with hipsters.

brill

There is no right or wrong way -- these things happen not as the normal course of things but as a reaction to to stressors on a community --- the point is regular unorganized people are putting themselves in jeopardy - of arrest of rebuke of their familys or employers --

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

they were all holding up signs that said FREE SYRIA. Makes me a little suspicious.

I Coouldnt agree with you the protests are starting to look very suspicious, even alex jones is starting to move away from them.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

I Dobut they are communist if they were communists they will be waving communist flags.

top topics

join